By Egon_IsNot_Gone
Howdy,

Long time fan, first time Ghostbust Dr cosplayer. I'm planning on a Egon cosplay, and I have my eyes trained on his GB2 suit in both Dark Grey/Charcoal and Tan/Khaki. My pant and shirts sizes are as follows:

1. Pants: 32×30
2. Shirt: Small (Medium if slim fit cut)
3. Height: 6ft 0 inch

My weight is unknown, however I am a slim guy. Very slim
By Kingpin
Egon_IsNot_Gone wrote: July 20th, 2018, 12:53 am Howdy,

Long time fan, first time Ghostbust Dr cosplayer. I'm planning on a Egon cosplay, and I have my eyes trained on his GB2 suit in both Dark Grey/Charcoal and Tan/Khaki. My pant and shirts sizes are as follows:

1. Pants: 32×30
2. Shirt: Small (Medium if slim fit cut)
3. Height: 6ft 0 inch

My weight is unknown, however I am a slim guy. Very slim
Are you asking if there's someone here who is able to buy one for you?
By Egon_IsNot_Gone
No. I'm asking what size would be best for me to order one. My next cosplay is Egon, and I'm wanting my first flight suit to fit well so I don't have to go through the hassle of sending it back and re-ordering. Sorry if I wasn't clear first time round, me typing out words is like the Titanic sailing out at sea with an Iceberg in its path
By Sl!mer
I really want to purchase the Nomex flight suit because I like the coloring/fabric. However, I live in LA and think I'll just be a pool of sweat wearing it.
By Kingpin
Sl!mer wrote: September 27th, 2018, 12:51 pm I really want to purchase the Nomex flight suit because I like the coloring/fabric. However, I live in LA and think I'll just be a pool of sweat wearing it.
It might be worth checking out the HalloweenCostumes.com Ghostbusters costume, Jason at Ghostbusters News mentioned the material felt breathable, and it has the look of the Nomex (it won't have the strength, so that should be kept in mind).
By SumoXL
Hi did anyone reply to this. im also a big guy and looking on how to get a flight suite that would fit me

chrism023 wrote: March 27th, 2012, 8:30 am Ok, I am going to be trying to order a flight suit in the next week or so, Price isn't a huge concern, but the price is to find one in my size, as I am a very large man, and all hell it is hard to find regular clothes let alone stuff like this, so any help is much appreciated...

here goes
Height about 6'8"
Weight between 450-520lbs(hard to get myself weighed anywhere)
shirt size-anywhere from a 5XL-7XL(deppends on the shirts)
pants-again deppend on the maker but usually a 54-36

again I know these things have been asked alot in the past, but I just need to know if I will have to try to get a suit specifically made to fit me or if they sell for my size?
By StaggeringElk
Was seeing if going to the XL Long TruSpec from the shop would work? I currently have a TruSpec Large Long, but it rides high in the crotch. Pretty much have to dip my shoulders in. Im 6'3" and 180. Waist is 33. The inseam length is not an issue. Any help would be great.
By Fitzhume
I think I may be just out of luck. I've been researching this flight suit for quite a while and I'm not sure if any of these options will work.
I'm almost 6ft, chest 54 (inhaled), belly about 57, waist 48. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would the 3x Tru-Spec be worth trying or am I just asking for trouble? I honestly didn't think about my size before I started this project.
By NotSabbat
Fitzhume wrote: June 5th, 2019, 6:55 pm I think I may be just out of luck. I've been researching this flight suit for quite a while and I'm not sure if any of these options will work.
I'm almost 6ft, chest 54 (inhaled), belly about 57, waist 48. Does anyone have any suggestions? Would the 3x Tru-Spec be worth trying or am I just asking for trouble? I honestly didn't think about my size before I started this project.

The 3x Truspec would probably do OK for you. My measurements are pretty close to that (5' 11" 300lbs 50"+ chest) I got one of them for my charcoal suit and it fits really well. Its a little tight in the groin, but I think thats because it shrunk a bit in all the fabric sheets, washing and drying I did to it to get it the right color.
I also have a 52R nomex suit and while it does fit, it doesnt zip up all the way comfortably.
By Fitzhume
NotSabbat wrote: June 5th, 2019, 9:12 pm The 3x Truspec would probably do OK for you. My measurements are pretty close to that (5' 11" 300lbs 50"+ chest) I got one of them for my charcoal suit and it fits really well. Its a little tight in the groin, but I think thats because it shrunk a bit in all the fabric sheets, washing and drying I did to it to get it the right color.
I also have a 52R nomex suit and while it does fit, it doesnt zip up all the way comfortably.
Thanks for the reply NotSabbat. I'll give it a try.
By SmokeFountain
Hellow Fellow Ghostbusters,

First time post here and I'm in serious doubt.
I'm putting together my first ever proton pack and to go with it i'm in need of and outfit. I was looking into the Tru Spec flightsuits but can't figure out what size to order and really can't find any decent guidelines concerning the fitting of these suits so here are my sizes.

Chest: 41,5 "
Sleeves: 34,5"
Waist: 35,6"
Inseam: 35,8"
Total Length: 6'2"
Weight: 198lbs

I wear t-shirts size L and they fit loose on me. I am long and thin so i'm affraid XL might be way to baggy but need some expert opinions.
Measurements of the Large Long seem ideal as I don't like it to be overly baggy so I was doubting between L long and XL long as I don't know how the sleeves and legs go lengthwise.

Thanks to whoever reads this and wants to help me decide.
By StaggeringElk
SmokeFountain wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 3:02 pm Hellow Fellow Ghostbusters,

I'm putting together my first ever proton pack and to go with it i'm in need of and outfit. I was looking into the Tru Spec flightsuits but can't figure out what size to order and really can't find any decent guidelines concerning the fitting of these suits so here are my sizes.

I wear t-shirts size L and they fit loose on me. I am long and thin so i'm affraid XL might be way to baggy but need some expert opinions.
Measurements of the Large Long seem ideal as I don't like it to be overly baggy so I was doubting between L long and XL long as I don't know how the sleeves and legs go lengthwise.

I went with a XL long. I’m 6’3 and 190. I had a Large long and it was snug and rode high in the crotch. The sleeves are a bit short on the TruSpec, but I have them rolled up. Hope that helps.
By SmokeFountain
StaggeringElk wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 11:08 am
SmokeFountain wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 3:02 pm Hellow Fellow Ghostbusters,

I went with a XL long. I’m 6’3 and 190. I had a Large long and it was snug and rode high in the crotch. The sleeves are a bit short on the TruSpec, but I have them rolled up. Hope that helps.
Thanks for the quick respons:), And how would you rate the width of the XL long? As i don't want to walk around wearing something that looks like a tent. Sleeve length wouldn't really be a big issue as I was also planning on rolling them up for comfort.
By StaggeringElk
I definitely have some room, but it’s not too baggy up top. Just a bit at the bottom when I blouse my boots.
SmokeFountain liked this
By SmokeFountain
StaggeringElk wrote: July 3rd, 2019, 2:48 pm I definitely have some room, but it’s not too baggy up top. Just a bit at the bottom when I blouse my boots.
Awesome, super helpfull and thanks for the info. Will order an XL just to be safe as I rather have it a little larger than just right and uncomfortable to wear.
By danny2step
So I was looking at buying a couple flightsuits from the GBfans website store. Has anyone purchased anything through the shop, or know who handles that part of the site?
By McCrea
Hello everyone,

I got a question for those that bought a Tru-spec suit recently. Does it have the pockets on the thigh like the original ones or not? I'm confused with the pictures I see.

Thanks everyone
By Kingpin
If the photos are of the actual item rather than repurposed stock images, then that does appear to be the real deal. The price is extremely reasonable, so if it's in your size, it probably would be best to consider buying it.
Glow in the Dark liked this
By Glow in the Dark
Kingpin wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:27 am If the photos are of the actual item rather than repurposed stock images, then that does appear to be the real deal. The price is extremely reasonable, so if it's in your size, it probably would be best to consider buying it.
Well I figure it will be my size in a year or so, especially if it runs small. But I found out it doesn't have side entry pockets like in the movie + it feels hot. Also read the zippers are black and not the right color. So I'm debating whether or not to get it. Maybe sticking with Tru-Spec would be better?
By Kingpin
Glow in the Dark wrote: September 10th, 2019, 1:49 am Well I figure it will be my size in a year or so, especially if it runs small. But I found out it doesn't have side entry pockets like in the movie + it feels hot. Also read the zippers are black and not the right color. So I'm debating whether or not to get it. Maybe sticking with Tru-Spec would be better?
I don't know if the Truspec design has been updated in recent years, but for what details they seem to get right, others they've done differently, as mentioned in this thread.
It combines the features and benefits of a CWU 27/P but in a lighter, more comfortable poly/cotton blend although the blend is heavy in poplyester which can make the suit a little warm to wear and gives a bit of an unwanted shine to the fabric. The factory khaki color on these suits seems to be the closest to screen-accurate, requiring little to no alteration. These suits have screen-accurate features such as unpainted brass zippers and a storm flap, however they lack other features such as the lap pockets and the knife pocket on the inner left thigh. These suits are ideal for larger people as they go into larger sizes than Nomex suits do. These can be purchased from Online retailers such as Galls, Army Surplus for Less and Chief Supply.
By CMYKey
Hey folks,

I'm hoping someone can help me out. We're trying to pin down the right size flight suit for my girlfriend. We've found some CWU 27/P options, but I can't get a concrete answer on the sizing, and we're torn between a 32S and a 34S. She has a 32 chest, but 37 in the hips, and we think a 32 might be too small in the hips, but a 34 might be too big everywhere else.

We've also found a women's 32S, but no measurements anywhere, so we can't be 100% sure (and it's quite a bit more than the other options, with no returns so it's a bit of a risk)

Anybody have any insight into our dilemma? Thanks for any help.
By dutchie0001
i am looking to buy a suit as well but i am afraid i wil get measurements wrong and ending up a to small or to large>
im in the netherlands and we use Centimeters, any tips im clueless
By SDCC
Not sure if it's helpful, but I've just received my first jumpsuit.

I'm in the UK, and ordered a TruSpec 27-P from Amazon. Took about two weeks to get here (quicker than advertised!)

I'm 6 foot tall, 95kgs, with a 44 chest and a 34 waist. I ordered a large, and bar the sleeves being a bit short (expected), it fits decently. I can get some decent billow at the boots and waist, and it isn't too snug anywhere.

Arm and name patches are on the way. For now it needs a good iron...

Very excited to start this particular journey.
kind2311 liked this
By MagicPrime

Are there any options for a taller flight suit, other than the TruSpec 2XL Long?

I am 6'5" and this suit is nearly impossible to wear - it's just not long enough in the torso to fit me without hurting a LOT in the groin area.
By Pdwalden
I wanted to have a suit (at least bare minimum suit with patches) for when Afterlife comes out. I found a black Rothco one on Amazon for $55. I'm 6"1' tall and wear about a 44 in shorts/pants. I ordered a XXL suit and when it came in, it all fit pretty well but was just a little too snug in the crotch. No room for the boys to breath. The seam is too high up. I wonder if there's a way to stretch the material or should I just order a XXXL?
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]