Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Fritz wrote: January 17th, 2020, 7:42 am
timeware wrote: January 17th, 2020, 7:32 am Really? I swear I can't recall what scene that song was a part of. Although that song does sound more like it should belong to karate kid.
A very brief, quiet clip of it played when one of Dean Yeager's workmen wheeled the orange console out of the Ghostbusters-to-be's office.

I personally found reason to use that song in a fan fic though.
I remember getting the vinyl soundtrack when I was a kid and putting it in my grandma's record player. When that song came on I was like "....wut?"
groschopf liked this
You lot are bjonkers! There’s always room for a ridiculously overwrought power ballad!
groschopf, back liked this
janeb984 wrote: January 17th, 2020, 12:10 pmhttps://www.smodcast.com/channel/smodcast?audio=426

This is a podcast interview with Finn Wolfhard. He talks a lot about Ecto-1 and working with some of the other people in Afterlife. Nothing about OGB actors though. It's a good interview.

GB stuff starts right in the middle. Right at minute 37.
A Corvette engine was swapped in? Nice.
Re: the podcast interview with Finn...

He says basically we’ve only seen a tiny bit of the story in the trailer, which we pretty much assumed but it’s good to get confirmation it’s only the tip of the iceberg.

He mentioned that like most of Jason’s movies this one has a lot of heart in it, saying it deals with “loss.” Couple that with Jason saying months ago that forgiveness is a theme in the movies, and that leads me to believe the part from the leak/guess about Ray being blamed for Egon’s disappearance might be in play. Maybe not but it fits the “loss” and “forgiveness” ideas they’ve dangled.
deadderek, SpaceBallz, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
Do you guys expect that we will get any information about grandpa/grandma/or the OGB before the film comes out?

I kinda feel like they won't give us any of that, and that all the trailers will focus on the new characters and Shandor.

That's gonna drive me nuts!
Bison256 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm Unlikely one of the wrectos was built from ecto-1a.
I thought we knew for a fact that at least the bumper and grille of 1A is on one of the Wrectos?
robbritton wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:40 pm
Bison256 wrote: January 18th, 2020, 4:33 pm Unlikely one of the wrectos was built from ecto-1a.
I thought we knew for a fact that at least the bumper and grille of 1A is on one of the Wrectos?
Yeah, folks here have pointed out the grille of the presumed hero car, has empty light mounts left over from its 1a configuration.
We haven't even seen the full interior of the barn. For all we know the 1A could be 20 feet away partially dismantled under another tarp.

People are getting worked up over nothing.
groschopf, back liked this
Were getting worked up like a bad fart. Whether or not we get to see the Ecto from GB 2 it's still awesome to see her back in action. And if the trailer is only a tiny portion of the movie there's still a possibility she gets a shiny new paint job after the media covers the kids joy ride.
Honestly I would not care if the Ecto-1a isn't mentioned at all. Not everything needs to be explained if it doesn't fit the narrative.

If it's in there somewhere, that's fine, but I'm here for a compelling story about loss and ghosts.

Since I almost lost my mother four times now and still fear for her life on a daily basis, I think this movie will be extra emotional for me if I get to watch it with her. She brought me to the first GB when I was 5, I hope I can bring her to this one.
Ectovoyance, groschopf, robbritton and 4 others liked this
https://twitter.com/APEntertainment/sta ... 00033?s=19

In other news, Sony just scored big with Bad Boys For Life, another long-in-gestation sequel. I wonder if the next trailer will be much different, tonally -- not that the two franchises were overly similar to begin with, but they must be considering why that worked and stuff like Charlie's Angels flopped.
groschopf liked this
deadderek wrote: January 18th, 2020, 7:29 pm We haven't even seen the full interior of the barn. For all we know the 1A could be 20 feet away partially dismantled under another tarp.

People are getting worked up over nothing.
I'm looking forward to any references, even ancillary, to Ghostbusters II. The lack of 1A is definitely odd, but I'm still thinking there's something coming that will tie all three movies together. Let's remember that for some reason the Wreckto has the orange 1984 plate and not even the white one from the beginning of GB II, so maybe it's a different car that has been sitting in OK for X amount of years. That's a good question too. How long ago did Egon move there, and did he just recently go missing and been declared dead?
BatDan wrote:Can we stop about the Ecto1A? Lol

Heres why Ecto1 is in the movie and not 1A...its more iconic and recognizable. I highly doubt it has anything to do with some secret continuity
LOL! Absolutely. I am pretty sure that is the true reason the classic look was chosen for the Wrecto. It doesn’t really matter if anyone stirs the pot or not. Many of us are going to keep bringing the 1A up especially if we really enjoyed Ghostbusters 2. Now am going to bring this up one more time. We all know that in reality Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A were 2 different cars. According to the Ecto 1 Manual that was released by Insignt Editions the Ecto 1 and Ecto 1A are supposed to be the same vehicle. They even go into detail about the parts they replaced to convert the Ecto 1 to the Ecto 1A. Now even though the Wrecto looks a lot more like the classic Ecto, there are still the little details that show that the car had been reworked. Case in point the suicide doors, gunner seat, and the ladder mounted on the opposite side. ;)

I am in agreement that I don’t think the story needs to be interrupted just to explain where the Ecto 1A is. I look at it this way. For me all the cars are one and the same just reworked. I am throwing the 2009 game in the mix again. I know there are many that don’t consider it cannon, but this is how I personally see it.

Ghostbusters: The car is converted from black run down hearse/ambulance into the original Ecto 1.
Ghostbusters 2: The car was converted from run down Ecto 1 into Ecto 1A.
Ghostbusters The Video Game: Some time between New Year’s Day 1990 to Thanksgiving 1991 the car was converted from Ecto 1A to Ecto 1B.
Ghostbusters Afterlife: Sometime after Thanksgiving 1991 the car was reworked again this time back to Ecto 1 with the addition of suicide doors and gunner seat. Then the Ghostbusters stopped being a company the car was put in a barn and Now it is run down again. This is of course assuming that the car was reworked one last time and not reworked several times between 1991 to Now. It isn’t too hard to except that the car had a few face lifts during the Ghostbusters Glory days.

Please forgive my really long explanation I promise this is the last time I will bring that up. ;).

It is fun to discuss these things, I think it just shows just how much people care about these movies. I think that is a good thing. :):):)
Kingpin liked this
The 1A debate is what makes fandom, and it's an interesting decision if they're going to be zeroing in on making one-liners from the first movie (the spores, molds & fungus). Red Letter Media made a good point about that. If Aykroyd said that the new movie feeds into the first two stories "beautifully", then I'm excited to see what that means. As terrible as I thought Lost World: Jurassic Park was, I thought they've should've made some reference to it in Jurassic World. They must just be extraneous details, but that is definitely part of the story-telling for movies like this.
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2020, 1:42 pm
pizzarat wrote: January 19th, 2020, 12:35 pm If Aykroyd said that the new movie feeds into the first two stories "beautifully", then I'm excited to see what that means.
Man, I absolutely love Aykroyd, but I don't believe a word he says.
Well, we know that Ghostbusters II isn't being retconned, so there has to be some significance to it.
pizzarat wrote: January 19th, 2020, 2:39 pm
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2020, 1:42 pm

Man, I absolutely love Aykroyd, but I don't believe a word he says.
Well, we know that Ghostbusters II isn't being retconned, so there has to be some significance to it.
Don't get me wrong. I believe that the narrative of both movies are in line with Afterlife. Just not because Aykroyd said so.

Guy believes that the spiritrealm is real, mistakes 5 million for 50 million, believes in area 51 and flying saucers. He claimed GB3 was happening so many times GBA should be the tenth movie.

I love him, he is great in many a movie, but I will not believe him if he suddenly appears from a cloud of smoke right here in my living room and claims he can teleport.
groschopf, Ectovoyance, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: January 19th, 2020, 4:22 pm
pizzarat wrote: January 19th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Don't get me wrong. I believe that the narrative of both movies are in line with Afterlife. Just not because Aykroyd said so.

Guy believes that the spiritrealm is real, mistakes 5 million for 50 million, believes in area 51 and flying saucers. He claimed GB3 was happening so many times GBA should be the tenth movie.

I love him, he is great in many a movie, but I will not believe him if he suddenly appears from a cloud of smoke right here in my living room and claims he can teleport.
Aykroyd says all those things because he genuinely believes in them. Aykroyd was the only one who believed in Ghostbusters III all these years, and now he was right.
I don't blame Dan for it not happening sooner. The man was probably told different things from Sony as the years went by. There's also the issue of Bill not wanting to do this.

Plus I think we're arrogant to believe we're the only ones out there in this universe. I mean look how many new planets NASA has discovered lately.

As for area 51 the place exists and its locked up tighter then fort Knox. Whether or not little green men reside there we'll never know.
Sav C, Ectovoyance liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]