Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
What if the trailer we got will be the only one until movie release because Jason wants everything to be THAT MUCH SECRETIVE?!

*Sony big wigs happy with marketing costs*
groschopf, back liked this
In a Ghostbusters Aferlife Facebook group, I asked Timo (the person that was at the toyfair in Germany who saw some spoilery artwork and a clip of GB:A) if the Reddit leak was real or fake based upon what he observed. He said he does not think the Reddit leak is real, and that any overlap from the alleged leak and what we know is pure coincidence. He also said that if anyone ever had a "geek question" related to a certain elevator scene, we will finally get that question answered. I asked if it related to finally seeing how a pack can be turned on without the use of the toggle switch on the wand. He "loved" my post. While not an outright confirmation, I do believe we finally will have that question answered!
groschopf, Kingpin liked this
That new Reddit leak is basically the old one again, isn't it? Namely the part about Dana putting on the pack.

That detail always rang false to me because it sounds like a not-properly-thought-out attempt to placate fans of the 2016 movie, or perhaps critics of this movie who feel it's disrespectful to the reboot. I have to believe Jason would come up with something more organic than that (it seems more likely that Coon's character would end up grabbing one than Dana, whose in-world reason for being in the film at all is still unclear).
Kingpin liked this
droidguy1119 wrote:That new Reddit leak is basically the old one again, isn't it? Namely the part about Dana putting on the pack.

That detail always rang false to me because it sounds like a not-properly-thought-out attempt to placate fans of the 2016 movie, or perhaps critics of this movie who feel it's disrespectful to the reboot. I have to believe Jason would come up with something more organic than that (it seems more likely that Coon's character would end up grabbing one than Dana, whose in-world reason for being in the film at all is still unclear).
Timo and I were referring to the leak that appeared last summer. That leak, while many seemed to like that idea, originated in a plot speculation thread. To it probably was just that - speculation on the plot given the limited information available at the time.

Timo seems to think that based upon what he has seen, that fans will enjoy this film. If Jason is taking the time to explain how you can turn a proton pack without using a wand - a question many nerdy fans have wondered for years - then it seems he is paying attention to the details. So I'm optimistic.
Corey91 liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:17 am
droidguy1119 wrote:That new Reddit leak is basically the old one again, isn't it? Namely the part about Dana putting on the pack.

Timo and I were referring to the leak that appeared last summer. That leak, while many seemed to like that idea, originated in a plot speculation thread. To it probably was just that - speculation on the plot given the limited information available at the time.

Timo seems to think that based upon what he has seen, that fans will enjoy this film. If Jason is taking the time to explain how you can turn a proton pack without using a wand - a question many nerdy fans have wondered for years - then it seems he is paying attention to the details. So I'm optimistic.
If the leak is wrong according to Timo, what did he learn about the plot?
pizzarat wrote:
JonXCTrack wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 10:17 am Timo and I were referring to the leak that appeared last summer. That leak, while many seemed to like that idea, originated in a plot speculation thread. To it probably was just that - speculation on the plot given the limited information available at the time.

If the leak is wrong according to Timo, what did he learn about the plot?
He's unable to provide specifics because he signed a non-disclosure agreement. But he has seen toys, artwork, and a clip from the movie. None of it made him think that the reddit leak was accurate.
Now I'm in a quandary... Do I go ahead and get my Pack built in time to see the film, or wait until we know where the activation switch is?

It was never up for debate, I'll get it put together, and maybe add in the switch afterwards. :P
Sav C liked this
FYI, hadn't bothered to look this up before, but if we are looking at a trailer in March or April (no reason beyond a sensible gap between trailer 1 and trailer 2), then we're looking at Bloodshot for the former or Peter Rabbit 2 for the latter.

The one Sony chooses might be kinda telling in terms of what age demo we're looking at and maybe what the rating ends up being. I think many of us take it for granted this will be a PG-13, like the reboot, but both original movies were PG...

My guess is still March.
pizzarat liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:22 pm Ghostbusters (1984) was PG only because it was filmed and released before the PG-13 film rating went into effect.
I'm aware. This is why I say I think we take it as a given they'd go PG-13...but, on the other hand, I think Ghostbusters II is a thoroughly PG affair, likely because they knew kids loved the first film. PG-13 is far more of a family-friendly rating than it might've been back then thanks to the Marvel movies, but while I would probably prefer a PG-13, I don't think it's outlandish to consider that they might be aiming PG here. I know some people (not necessarily very many, but I heard it) objected in principle to the one f-bomb and edgier humor in Ghostbusters (2016), as if the series had a rep for being cleaner.
During a chat on "The Interview Show" Carrie Coon talks about Ghostbusters: Afterlife very briefly.

https://youtu.be/U1tWopKtcbE

Last edited by deadderek on February 5th, 2020, 7:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
droidguy1119 wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:34 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: February 3rd, 2020, 2:22 pm Ghostbusters (1984) was PG only because it was filmed and released before the PG-13 film rating went into effect.
I'm aware. This is why I say I think we take it as a given they'd go PG-13...but, on the other hand, I think Ghostbusters II is a thoroughly PG affair, likely because they knew kids loved the first film. PG-13 is far more of a family-friendly rating than it might've been back then thanks to the Marvel movies, but while I would probably prefer a PG-13, I don't think it's outlandish to consider that they might be aiming PG here. I know some people (not necessarily very many, but I heard it) objected in principle to the one f-bomb and edgier humor in Ghostbusters (2016), as if the series had a rep for being cleaner.
I will be highly disappointed if they put a lot of cussing in this movie. I agree with you that GB2 was toned down from a language perspective because of how many kids liked it. By that point, it was probably mostly us kids that had kept the franchise going anyway because of the show and the toyline. I still think 2 has a much darker "tone" though than part one.
deadderek wrote: February 4th, 2020, 5:51 am During a chat on "The Interview Show" Carrie Coon talks about Ghostbusters: Afterlife very briefly.

https://youtu.be/U1tWopKtcbE
This will be the most "omg" movie since The 6th sense.
deadderek liked this
StarSpengledBanner82 wrote: February 4th, 2020, 6:58 am I will be highly disappointed if they put a lot of cussing in this movie.
I'm okay with them having a level of cussing on-par with the first movie. I appreciate it's a movie, but in the real world, any of us would swear a few choice words if we experienced the stuff we know, or believe we know they're going to be experiencing.
groschopf, tylergfoster, Sav C and 1 others liked this
https://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/ric ... reaker.php

I'm sure everyone is already aware, but dang is that intriguing news. I'm sure Juno Reitman and Co. gave a great effort in trying to get Rick back for GBA, but sometimes these things just don't work out. Eventually I would like to know if there was a definite "No" given, or maybe there were scheduling conflicts. Also makes me think about how Louis could have fit into the new movie...
groschopf liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 4th, 2020, 11:45 am I'm okay with them having a level of cussing on-par with the first movie. I appreciate it's a movie, but in the real world, any of us would swear a few choice words if we experienced the stuff we know, or believe we know they're going to be experiencing.

They're working stiffs with a terrifying job.
I don't need them hurling f-bombs, but I'd expect them to be a little blue.
Kingpin, RichRyan1507, deadderek and 2 others liked this
pizzarat wrote: February 4th, 2020, 12:16 pmhttps://www.pajiba.com/film_reviews/ric ... reaker.php

I'm sure everyone is already aware, but dang is that intriguing news. I'm sure Juno Reitman and Co. gave a great effort in trying to get Rick back for GBA, but sometimes these things just don't work out. Eventually I would like to know if there was a definite "No" given, or maybe there were scheduling conflicts. Also makes me think about how Louis could have fit into the new movie...
Good find!

Oh man... reading that summary of the film was brutal. But I get it -- he's turning his pain into art.

With a plot like that, it makes me wonder if he read the script for Afterlife and figured the loss of a central character could port over to something personal to help him heal.
pizzarat liked this
Kingpin wrote: February 4th, 2020, 2:28 pm I honestly don't get the this great desire for Rick/Louis to be in Afterlife. What would he actually bring other than a bit of unnecessary fan service?
True, but it'd definitely be fun to see him handling the settling of Egon's estate and telling the family about their inheritance. Plus, it'd actually make sense for his character.
pizzarat liked this
One little interesting tidbit I happened upon, the phone number on the Ecto-1A is JL5-2020. Part of me was hoping for a July 5th, 2020 release. That would of been some crazy foreshadowing like the "end of the world" quote from GB2. Which we all know what was released in Valentines day 2016...
Kingpin wrote: February 4th, 2020, 2:28 pm I honestly don't get the this great desire for Rick/Louis to be in Afterlife. What would he actually bring other than a bit of unnecessary fan service?
Probably why he chose not to come back. Sounded like the same reason why he didn't do the cameo for ATC. He prefers meaty roles
groschopf, tylergfoster, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: February 4th, 2020, 6:13 pm
Probably why he chose not to come back. Sounded like the same reason why he didn't do the cameo for ATC. He prefers meaty roles
The Goldbergs was not a meaty role! :p
I gotta side with Kingpin on this one. It'd be nice to see him in Afterlife, but I don't see it being a big deal at all.

My biggest concern was if Bill would actually show up. (On the 1st page of this thread I predicted a cameo at best.)

The 2 I ALWAYS assumed were Dan & Ernie showing up. Not even the slightest wondering about that.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]