By AJ Quick
Hello all!

I'm sure some of you have seen the posts in the Site Feedback forum regarding the abysmal delay that has been restocking the White and Orange "Hat Lights" as well as their respective sockets. For whatever reason, the manufacturer dropped the ball hard on communications. While I initially attempted to place an order for hat lights wayyyy back in May 2019, my emails went unread and unresponded to for months.

I recently got a hold of someone at the company and explained the situation and they were wholly apologetic. We began discussing the vintage "milky" white hat lights (also referred to as "cloudy clear") and the sales representative told me: "Hey. Let me talk to our materials engineers and see what we can do."

As it turns out, perhaps in response to the lapse in communications, they are willing to do whatever they can to make our milky hat lights a reality. That's right! The manufacturer of the real hat lights is going to start producing hat light lenses in the special white translucent color that we have been seeking for decades!

It should take a couple of weeks for them to get things in motion and to get a sample. If things go well, we will be going all in and should be fully stocked on the special hat lights toward the middle of the year.

*Fingers crossed*

For reference, this is what we are going for:

Our regular orange and white hat lights will be restocked soon!
Cole Funstuff, twmedford23, NotSabbat and 16 others liked this
By AJ Quick
AndFisher wrote: January 19th, 2020, 1:32 am If we have existing white hat light orders, is it possible to change them to the milky white ones?
Since this is not guaranteed, we don't want to take on that commitment of swapping orders as of yet. There will likely be a difference of price as Sloan does expect us to meet minimum order quantities as well.

I am willing to cancel orders for existing white, if anyone is interested in waiting to see if these can be done. Send me an email.
By AJ Quick
andrewbrittain wrote: February 18th, 2020, 7:03 am Will this be a short run of lights with a waiting list?
Or is it a case of keeping an eye on the shop?
They will appear in the shop as a pre-order.
Brads_gimmick liked this
By AJ Quick
Dentman13 wrote: February 18th, 2020, 1:25 pm Would be nice to announce the preorder-option in this post.
Will do. You can also subscribe to the mailing list here to be notified:

https://www.gbfans.com/shop/mailing-list/
By AJ Quick
Sloan has let me know they think the prototype samples will be on their way to me by the end of next week. I have a few doubts given the Coronavirus scare, but we'll see!
By AJ Quick
Pre-Order now available: https://www.gbfans.com/shop/hat-lights/
910dohead wrote: February 28th, 2020, 6:16 pm Those look fantastic! I am excited for these and the skirted pointer. Just to make sure, the one on the left is the remake and the one on the right is what has been sold in the store?
Correct. Left is the milky version, right is the existing white version.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]