By Kingpin

Having set the nostalgia ball rolling with their range of Ghostbusters: Afterlife roleplay toys, Hasbro is looking to capitalise further on the ongong love affair with Kenner and the Real Ghostbusters brand with a re-release of select figures from the 1980s toyline.

Featuring reproduction tooling and packaging, the range includes:

Dr. Peter Venkman - With removable Proton Pack and Grabber Ghost accessories.
Dr. Ray Stantz - With removable Proton Pack and Wrapper Ghost accessories.
Dr. Egon Spengler - With removable Proton Pack and Gulper Ghost accessories.
Winston Zeddemore - With removable Proton Pack and Chomper Ghost accessories.
Green Ghost with food accessories.
Stay-Puft Marshmallow Man.

The Kenner Classics figures are priced at $14.99 each, and are due for release this spring at Walmart in the United States, and Zavvi in the United Kingdom.

Visit the topic to view for a better look at the figures.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 12:23 am Is it these? Not live yet but these should be the ones (Scroll down the page)
https://www.walmart.com/m/brands/Hasbro ... QgHzbFUJ2s
The first link works, but the others say, "Sorry, the page you are looking for could not be found." . . . Walmart is really dropping the ball here.
I don't think they DID go live yet. I've been refreshing all day, and the links for Egon, Winston, and Ray are all still broken. I can't even find a link for Peter. :sigh:
By Coover5
I know some people put their action figures in protective plastic clamshells. Can anyone suggest a brand suitable for the Kenner figures? I'd love to display them but keep them safe too.
I see the Walmart links for the Egon, Winston, and Ray figures are up now, but there's still no pre-order option (it just says "out of stock"), and I still can't find the Peter figure anywhere.
By 910dohead
I assume the Venkman link is already up but where exactly? The link will most likely be located at: https://www.walmart.com/ip/Ghostbusters ... ber-Ghost/ and then a random 9 digits. The link itself is a redirect as you can type in any 9 digit number after the link description and get any random product. I tried a few times and got stuff like a weed wacker and a breast pump. What matters is knowing what the 9 digit code is at this point unless they actually post links. Trying to find that 9 digit code is having to try millions of different combinations. No patterns either as its all random.

Actually, the links can be shortened to just walmart.com/ip/ and the 9 digit code.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/503897003
Pretty soon the Brits are gonna buy 'em all before us Yanks have a chance...
By 910dohead
Bison256 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 11:14 am Thank god! I just placed my pre-order. $96 dollars for childhood nostalgia, are we crazy?
Well, seeing as though these retailed for $6.99 back in 1986, that's about $16.50 when you compare it to inflation in 2020. I think we're getting a deal and our parents must've loved us a lot to want to see us that happy. Especially when minimum wage back then averaged less than $5 an hour. Groceries or Ghostbusters? I mean, they could've just bought you that one $3 Go-Bot that nobody cared about. The 1980's Constable Zuvio.
Got ONE! (Actually 12, i ordered the entire line twice, one to open, one to make a shadowbox unopened display out of)

But i never pre-ordered from walmart and they charged my account, but from what i gather they return that money (they call it a hold) and then actually charge me when it ships right? (June 2nd acording to them)

Is that how it works? I sent them an email and i think thats how it works lol.

Anyhow, so stoked to get them!

Cant wait :blush:
Bison256 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 11:14 am Thank god! I just placed my pre-order. $96 dollars for childhood nostalgia, are we crazy?

i paid double that, but im getting 2 of each, one to open, one to display :blush: ...i must be insane then lol
By Bison256
yourbigpalal83 wrote: February 25th, 2020, 12:53 pm Got ONE! (Actually 12, i ordered the entire line twice, one to open, one to make a shadowbox unopened display out of)

But i never pre-ordered from walmart and they charged my account, but from what i gather they return that money (they call it a hold) and then actually charge me when it ships right? (June 2nd acording to them)

Is that how it works? I sent them an email and i think thats how it works lol.

Anyhow, so stoked to get them!

Cant wait :blush:
I haven't decided if I want to open mine right away or not. If they re release kenner ecto-1 I will open them and store the figures and accessories in the car and display it like that.
Walmart is saying the figures are "out of stock" again. Does that mean they sold out already?... If so, I'm glad I got mine, but dang.
Last edited by ghoulishfright on February 26th, 2020, 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Only the four Ghostbusters action figures have apparently sold out. Slimer and the Stay Puft Marshmallow Man still have their pre-order links up. Hopefully, the links for the four Ghostbusters will become active again. I did not get a chance to pre-order any of the figures myself yet.

@Bison 256, I have not heard any thing about Hasbro reissuing the Ecto 1 from the Kenner toy line yet. Hopefully if the reissued Real Ghostbusters action figures sell well enough, Hasbro might consider offering Ecto 1 and other Kenner era toys for sale.
Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]