Given I'm on lockdown and suddenly find myself with a large amount of free time, abritinthebay suggested the MT500 would be a good starting point. I don't disagree, so I started playing around this afternoon. There's a few files I found online, some more accurate than others, but none that I felt we're useful for adding electronics, or easy assembly, or lacked accuracy.
Here's this afternoon's progress after taking some measurements. The plan is to make it as accurate as possible, with a few leeways taken in order to make the files easily printable.
Let me know your thoughts, and if there's interest in this or other props.