Check the album for larger images if you want them. https://imgur.com/a/LASSLOM
Still working on it at the moment but so far I have filled in the battery door and that ugly huge power slide. I also cleaned up the inside of the lower half in the battery area, in case I feel like putting something else in there, was easier to do before gluing the door on.
Then I flattened the end of the handle a bit, just to give it a bit more accuracy look. I could sand it a bit more but I'm not sure I want to. Any more and it'll chew through the plastic entirely, even now I have it reinforced with bondo putty because it was like a piece of paper.
After that I went to the front and snipped off that weird bump between the buttons. I kept the post in and used some thin plastic cement and bits of the plastic I had cut off to reinforce it, then filled it.
I have a 3d printed plug coming for the back and some buttons for the front. Otherwise, I think I'm done with the shell for now.
I also cut the Yellow, Red, Green section from the screen and trimmed the screen so it was just the boarder that helps hold the diffuser on, I'll glue them together so it's one piece. Not sure if that was really needed, but better safe . Then I drilled two holes in the diffuser for the two covered LEDs as I plan to paint it black to stop bleeding.
I have an angled screen coming in from freekygeeky to replace the stock screen.. which is now in chunks. I think I'm going to paint the lines white.
Far as electronics, I'm not sure if I want to rewire the wings and I'm debating adding blinking LED to the two Red lights.
As seems to be the case with Wallmart PKEs, it also has the Red LED under the Yellow light... I don't know if I'm comfortable soldering something that tiny unfortunately.
It is even marked R on the board, so I don't know what happened there since it was Yellow on the Spirit.
Sure is annoying though, wish they had just used white LEDs.