Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Bison256 wrote: July 17th, 2020, 3:31 pm I thought occurred to me today at work. Since the so called leaks don't talk about mini-pufts which marketing suggests play a big role in the film, I think it's safe to say they're false.
This Post Contains Spoilers
https://boards.4channel.org/tv/thread/1 ... e-spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on July 17th, 2020, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
Davideverona liked this
Some of the marketing that has slipped through (toy packaging, those stamps on the cover of that magazine) have featured the mini-pufts fairly prominently, so if you were paying attention they’d be an easy detail to throw in.
Alphagaia liked this
robbritton wrote: July 18th, 2020, 3:54 am Some of the marketing that has slipped through (toy packaging, those stamps on the cover of that magazine) have featured the mini-pufts fairly prominently, so if you were paying attention they’d be an easy detail to throw in.
Eh doesn't really mean much. They could be in the movie for all of 5 minutes.
deadderek wrote: July 18th, 2020, 4:45 am Eh doesn't really mean much. They could be in the movie for all of 5 minutes.
True, kind of like how Darth Vader's image was plastered all over stuff from Episode 3 / Rogue One, but was barely in either movie. When the general public thinks ghostbusters, Slimer and Stay Puft are 2 of the 4 images that come to mind. It only makes sense for a studio to bank on these.
deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:44 am Well, Egon could have kept some samples of melted Marshmallow to study it. No wonder if, with the Summerville Pke Surge, these samples take a life on their own.
If that's the case, why didn't it happen when Vigo took up shop?

It can be explained away with it having to connect to Shandor and especially Gozer, though. Might even be the scene where they realize this is the case because they look like Stay Puft.
groschopf liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:56 am
Davideverona wrote: July 19th, 2020, 12:44 am Well, Egon could have kept some samples of melted Marshmallow to study it. No wonder if, with the Summerville Pke Surge, these samples take a life on their own.
If that's the case, why didn't it happen when Vigo took up shop?

It can be explained away with it having to connect to Shandor and especially Gozer, though. Might even be the scene where they realize this is the case because they look like Stay Puft.
Exactly. The Stay Puft remainings are Gozerian in dna so, maybe, they need a similar jolt of energy to come back to life.

Also, maybe Egon took these samples in his Oklahoma home between Gb and Gb2, so Vigo was too far away to re-awake the mini Pufts.

Question: do you think they'll be CGI or practical?
Alphagaia, groschopf liked this
A neat kind of nod to Dana's counter scene would be something like seeing the minis marching out of boxes featuring different flavors.

Perfect opportunity for product placement, and if there is such a thing hopefully that translates to real world product.
We know we are getting Terror Dogs
We know we are getting Gozer
We Know Shandor is involved
We know Stay Puft is in it the movie
Slimer is going to be in this movie(I don’t have any inside info there, but come on) and even if he’s not
Slimer 2.0 AKA Muncher is going to be in this movie

That’s a lot of ground that’s already been covered in previous movies. My least favourite part of the reboot is Gozer/Shandor being involved. It makes the GB universe seem much smaller since, unlike the cartoons, major paranormal events don’t happen every week.

Now if they expand the mythology to say Gozer was but a single God in a hierarchy of god like beings and now this new movie is going to uncover the granddaddy of all ancient Sumerian Gods...then ok. Then we are cooking.

Maybe something like Gozer was the East Coast God Destroyer of the New World. Unnamed God is West Coast God of the New World. Etc etc. But just having Gozer again is lame.
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2020, 3:32 pm We know we are getting Terror Dogs
We know we are getting Gozer
We Know Shandor is involved
We know Stay Puft is in it the movie
Slimer is going to be in this movie(I don’t have any inside info there, but come on) and even if he’s not
Slimer 2.0 AKA Muncher is going to be in this movie

That’s a lot of ground that’s already been covered in previous movies. My least favourite part of the reboot is Gozer/Shandor being involved. It makes the GB universe seem much smaller since, unlike the cartoons, major paranormal events don’t happen every week.

Now if they expand the mythology to say Gozer was but a single God in a hierarchy of god like beings and now this new movie is going to uncover the granddaddy of all ancient Sumerian Gods...then ok. Then we are cooking.

Maybe something like Gozer was the East Coast God Destroyer of the New World. Unnamed God is West Coast God of the New World. Etc etc. But just having Gozer again is lame.
To be fair, the Ghostbusters didn't see their first ghost until they were professors and Gozer started his return. Then the Ghostbusters were out of business until GB2 when Vigo started his return. It seems like these "ghosts" don't manifest unless there's a God-like entity about emerge.
groschopf, deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: July 19th, 2020, 3:32 pm
The comics covered this with the coming of Tiamat, a reptilian being, Gozers sister/adversary that's also used by another script writer as a dragon as big as the Planet.

Either way, from the looks of it they will reimagine that comic, the Videogame or go somewhere in-between with Gozer more on the forefront instead of less.

Or they are just Easter Eggs and something else is responsible for all of this. Who knows.
Alphagaia wrote: July 19th, 2020, 10:39 pm
The comics covered this with the coming of Tiamat, a reptilian being, Gozers sister/adversary that's also used by another script writer as a dragon as big as the Planet.

Either way, from the looks of it they will reimagine that comic, the Videogame or go somewhere in-between with Gozer more on the forefront instead of less.

Or they are just Easter Eggs and something else is responsible for all of this. Who knows.
Long before they connected Tiamat to Gozer as siblings even. Going further back in the Marvel's RGB '90 annual, there was Gozo, the son of Gozer. In 2008, in Tokyo Pop's Ghost Busted manga, there was Heel, the Sumerian god of deception and preferred concubine of Gozer. In 2009, with the Displaced Aggression mini-series, they introduced the father of Gozer (and Tiamat), Koza'Rai. Then in 2012, in the ongoing, Tristan Jones introduced the idea an extended Gozerian pantheon exists and was depicted in the Gozerian Codex but only introduced one other progeny of Koza'rai named Senta who has come up sparingly in the comics so far.

But yes, I do like the notion of an extended pantheon over another appearance of Gozer. Where these gods dwell, time is irrelevant or as Vigo would say, a window. Intrigued by word of Gozer's defeat, they find a way to cross onto dimensions to Earth and to test the mettle of the Ghostbusters -- but they arrive in 2020? I don't know. They do manage to close the portal before they cross over but not cleanly, and the original team decides they have to train someone to carry on for them when they really do come again? Hm.

It is interesting that to toys or toy fair hasn't spoiled outright who the final baddie will be like they did with Rowan, for example, years ago.
Alphagaia liked this
I doubt they'll let toys spoil any big surprises. They've appeared to REALLY learned their lesson from ATCs failures and are being a lot more careful this time around.
mrmichaelt liked this
I suppose the leaks could be true. In the Reunited Apart video Jason said something along the lines of having a chance to go back and have another pass at the edit. Perhaps this is based off the reaction from test screenings.

Not decided yet whether I believe it or not because there’s stuff about the leaks I could see happening and other bits that would feel a bit forced.

We wait...
pizzarat liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: July 19th, 2020, 11:07 pm
Alphagaia wrote: July 19th, 2020, 10:39 pm

Long before they connected Tiamat to Gozer as siblings even. Going further back in the Marvel's RGB '90 annual, there was Gozo, the son of Gozer. In 2008, in Tokyo Pop's Ghost Busted manga, there was Heel, the Sumerian god of deception and preferred concubine of Gozer. In 2009, with the Displaced Aggression mini-series, they introduced the father of Gozer (and Tiamat), Koza'Rai. Then in 2012, in the ongoing, Tristan Jones introduced the idea an extended Gozerian pantheon exists and was depicted in the Gozerian Codex but only introduced one other progeny of Koza'rai named Senta who has come up sparingly in the comics so far.

But yes, I do like the notion of an extended pantheon over another appearance of Gozer. Where these gods dwell, time is irrelevant or as Vigo would say, a window. Intrigued by word of Gozer's defeat, they find a way to cross onto dimensions to Earth and to test the mettle of the Ghostbusters -- but they arrive in 2020? I don't know. They do manage to close the portal before they cross over but not cleanly, and the original team decides they have to train someone to carry on for them when they really do come again? Hm.

It is interesting that to toys or toy fair hasn't spoiled outright who the final baddie will be like they did with Rowan, for example, years ago.
You're forgetting that Tiamat showed on the real ghostbusters in I am the City. It's odd that when the animated ghostbusters fought Tiamat in crossing over, they did not recognize the name. IDW missed the opportunity to do some canon welding.
Last edited by Bison256 on July 20th, 2020, 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bison256 wrote: July 20th, 2020, 7:00 am You're forgettng that Tiamat showed on the real ghostbusters in I am the City. It's odd that when the animated ghostbusters fought I Tiamat in crossing over, they did not recognize the name. IDW missed the opportunity to do some canon welding.
It would have been neat, yeah. In a pinch, though, it can be explained by saying the RGB timeline for "Crossing Over" hadn't made it up to "I Am The City" yet.
Fritz wrote: July 20th, 2020, 9:57 am
Bison256 wrote: July 20th, 2020, 7:00 am You're forgettng that Tiamat showed on the real ghostbusters in I am the City. It's odd that when the animated ghostbusters fought I Tiamat in crossing over, they did not recognize the name. IDW missed the opportunity to do some canon welding.
It would have been neat, yeah. In a pinch, though, it can be explained by saying the RGB timeline for "Crossing Over" hadn't made it up to "I Am The City" yet.
IDW plays pretty fast and loose with the RGB timeline. What appeared to be Makoveris Lotsabucks had apparently leaked from their containment unit to the prime universe sometime before the events of Janine Melnitz, Ghostbuster!
philmorgan81 liked this

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]