Austin wrote: May 23rd, 2020, 10:19 pm
abaka wrote: May 22nd, 2020, 4:08 am To me this doesn't bode well...We're saying he's putting a lot of effort into matching the fabric. He's provided one image of Khaki Ripstop which I gurantee you, if you go on Alibaba you'll have no issue finding a similar material.

If this patch is the sign of things to come, I'm feeling nervous. I was never going to use his patch as I was always certain I'd end up using other patches, but if the patches aren't going to be a close replica, what does that bode for the flightsuit. Right now, I'm feeling anxious that I have dropped almost $600.

Just serves to remind, that runs should not be financed until a realtive prototype has been provided. I bought blindly on this because I was so hopeful of finally having these suits happen....let's just hope I don't regret it.
The patches are not an indicator of what the suits will be. The research and development going into these is for the flight suit itself. The patches are an afterthought, I guarantee. Honestly, I'd prefer they weren't included in the first place.
Unfortunately in my opinion, the patches are not afterthought and for someone with no experiece of this seller, the patch is the first output of his proposed offering we have seen....And at this moment in time, I'm not impressed. I myself would have preferred if he didn't include them and focused on the suits.

Until we see the suits, we have no idea what the quality will be like and what the attention to detail of them are. All we have to judge him on right now is his patches and they are not a convincing product.

I hope to be proven wrong and the suits are amazing....But if he can't be bothered to get things right on the patch, who is to say that train of thought won't be present in the suits....And who can blame an investor (at this moment in time, people who have pre ordered or investors in this project) for having concerns based on initial progress.
Magnoli appears to be using either my old nametag font, or a similar one, the G should be thinner, with a bit of a stroke/serif to the right of the shorter vertical stroke on the right-hand-side of the letter, the cross-bar on the A should be lower, and the ends of the letters should be flat, rather than rounded (which is one of the suggestions it's my old font).

(You can just make out the configuration of the G in this screenshot, despite the continuity-error marshmallow staining):

JWils23 liked this
Kingpin wrote: August 4th, 2020, 1:30 am Magnoli appears to be using either my old nametag font, or a similar one, the G should be thinner, with a bit of a stroke/serif to the right of the shorter vertical stroke on the right-hand-side of the letter, the cross-bar on the A should be lower, and the ends of the letters should be flat, rather than rounded (which is one of the suggestions it's my old font).

(You can just make out the configuration of the G in this screenshot, despite the continuity-error marshmallow staining):

You learn something new everyday. I always assumed all the white marks on them was the production team trying to simulate dry wall dust or something to that effect. It makes sense that they would be dirty from trying to navigate through a destroyed apartment complex and undoubtedly running up against things. Never dawned on me that it was just a continuity thing :lol:
We have the first good look at the prototype.
Apparently the leg hose connecter will be a different colour and the zippers will be bright brass as this was asked before.

It's 5am here so I'm a bit bleary eyed.
I'm sure others will notice things that I haven't.

The width of the velcro on the cuffs has also been pointed out over on the rpf.

deadderek, ccv66 liked this
Here's the latest for those who don't frequent the rpf.

The antique brass zippers were added after Indy used reference if a screen used suit in its current condition.
Now that they've seen the suits as they were at time of production with polished brass zippers, these will now be added to the production suits.

The cuff velcro is going to be rectified.

And the side pockets will be there.
After a bit on uncertainty whether these were actually pockets or just side entry, a pic of ZedR's screen used Stantz suit was provided to show that they are indeed pockets and not just side entry so those will be added as pockets to the suits, too.
Anyone know what is going on with their sizing?

I reached out to their customer service contact for some info, but I'm still a little confused. For reference, I'm 5'11" 210lbs with a 45.5" chest and currently wear either a 46R or 48R CPW-27/P Nomex flight suit. I provided this info and they suggested that I order a 42S. I replied and asked "wouldn't 'S' stand for short and be too short?", to which they said I should actually order the 42L. To me, I'd be thinking that if I am a 42 in their sizing (which at a glance, sounds small), I should at least remain regular length. I'm back to square one, as I don't want to take a guess and 'hope' that it fits when it arrives.
RedSpecial wrote: October 13th, 2020, 10:02 am The size chart they're using is the standard nomex size chart.
Your nomex suit size should translate directly to the size you should order from them.

No clue what the customer service agent was on about.
That was a weird response to receive.
Thank you. It was a fairly strange exchange for sure.

What's curious is that their size chart on the site only goes up to 46L, which is showing as XXL by their standards. To your point, would you say it's pretty much a one for one to the Nomex? If so, then I would probably order the 48R, but it's just so weird its not on their chart.
If they are staying true to the measurements on the chart that theyve posted I'd say yes it would be a one to one with the nomex sizing.
This is the old nomex chart which all of the sites used to use and what seems to be the exact chart that Magnoli are using.

At a guess I'd say the 46R being marked as an XXL is likely just a throwback to when this was the range of sizes available for military personel to order, who tended to be on the trim side of things in order to fit into a cramped cockpit.

Most sites offering suits have now expanded to offer beyond that size and the newer charts reflect this.
Magnoli themselves offer custom sizing on these but for whatever reason they just decided to use the old chart as a base.

obiwanjabroni liked this
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he does[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]