Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
THESE are what I was trying to describe earlier -- the sort of handles I used to cut off my fathers tools, ironically enough for the finger grasps, not the small ribs.

This is one a replacement part for hand truck handles:

This one is for wheelchairs:

This is getting closer, if the ribs only went halfway around:

For comparison, this is a tactical forend of a 12 gauge shotgun:

And this is the prop:

Kingpin, back liked this
Demon Vice Commander wrote:Today I made a shotgun grip for the front handle and wrapped some gaff tape (painted green) to the rear handle. Earlier this week I installed the new strain relief connectors and added some more patina/grime to the pack.

Would love to see how you installed the Strain Relief Connectors.
I'm trying to source the new grip from the thrower Jason Reitman displayed at Hasbro Pulse on Saturday. Some have speculated that it's a shotgun grip -- a ribbed forend from a pump action shotgun -- which totally makes sense with the new rural location the film is being set in.

Looking at the grip, I feel that is has more in common with the rubber grips seen on cylindrical hand tools and hand trucks. A forend is pretty beefy, since it has to slide back and forth on a metal rail. A rubber grip could 1/8" thick and pull around a barrel pretty easily.

Here's a shot of the prop:

Here's the Hasbro replica. Note the thickness of the grip from this angle:

For comparison, this is a tactical forend of a 12 gauge shotgun:

This is a replacement part for hand truck handles:

This one is for wheelchairs:

This is getting closer, if the ribs only went halfway around:

Given the distressing of the piece -- brown where hands would hold it, black at the edges that avoid wear, dirt and grease -- it almost looks like a piece of leather. But the ribs look molded, and they don't look deep enough to be the ribs from a shotgun forend.

Anyone have some insight on what we're looking at?
groschopf wrote: February 23rd, 2020, 10:09 am ... the more I look at the pics of the wand, the less I think that's a wooden rifle grip. A wooden grip would be too thick -- and the distressing suggests a coating was worn off to a brownish coating. The areas furthest from where hands would grip it are still black. I suppose you could get that effect with painted wood, but the thickness and pop rivets hang me up.

It's not the pool tool grip I showed above, but I feel like it's something akin to it -- a piece of 1/8" thick rubber with grooves molded onto one side.

I agree. I think they are grips like these, but painted brown: https://www.grainger.com/product/46J866 ... 1842759159!

I think they want the audience to believe it's a shotgun pump handle (given the setting of the movie), but used rubber grips in real life.
groschopf liked this
I'm still of the mind that the grooves appear more molded than the deep lines one would see routed into a wooden forended and pressed into a synthetic.

I think JonXCTrack is on the bubble -- it's meant to look like a shotgun part, but isn't. Could just be custom.
I think I remember hearing Matty was told by Sony what they were allowed to call it. Mattel Was aware of the name difference, I got the impression it was a Sony hoop they had to jump threw then them not caring. anovos had to call their pack the Spengler pack even though Harold ramis never wore it.
RedSpecial, back liked this
So I pre-ordered the Hasbro wand with intentions of using that on my pack build that I am just starting out on. Figured it would save time, money, and would be cool to have something from all three movies on one pack.

However, the more I research and look into it, i'm thinking it may be a bad idea to do so since it would not coincide with the sound board and lights on the pack - I love the way both work in tandem and I would lose that if I use the Hasbro wand. Now, my idea is to use the wand on the pack for Halloween and then use parts from the Hasbro one to make my own. I know this question is impossible to answer before anyone gets their hands on one, but: does anyone think it's possible to use electronics from both the hasbro wand and the normal electronics for a built wand? I love the way the stream looks on the hasbro wand but would want it to work in tandem with one that is built with the rest of the pack (I have no electrical knowledge/background)

So anything with a speaker you can jump the wires and send it to an amp. Before doug made the Matty board, old butthead Bob was cracking the wands open and wiring it to a speaker on the pack. The Matty board does have both the aux for music and wand. So you could have one pack that you could switch Matty and Hasbro wands on the fly, however you wont have the lights interact with the Hasbro wand. Should just cycle as normal
Corey91 liked this
Kodee-Wan wrote: February 26th, 2020, 12:09 pm Someone in a German Ghostbusters Facebook Group made a replica and it looks spot on. It even has the same amount of ribs the grip.

https://www.facebook.com/photo?fbid=129 ... 9873816209

**Update** A user from the group says the grip they used in their replica is a 3d print designed from Shapeforge Props.

https://www.facebook.com/Shapeforge
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4179246

I made the grip as a guestimation from the Hasbro stream and the Hasbro Pulse Site. It's probably not accurate but its something to use until the part is found.

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4185379

I also did the Hasbro wand stand too.
Haven't seen it mentioned, but I'm 99.9% sure the ALICE straps on Phoebe's pack are Rothco. Looks like the gunner seat straps are as well, albeit modified.

Rothco straps are very thin, which her's appear to be. But the biggest tell is the very prominent crease down the center of the backside caused by the stictching. This is something I've only ever seen on Rotcho straps. Genuine military issue LC2 straps lack this crease since they're constructed a bit differently. There also appears to be no information stamped on the backs on her straps. Something most military issued ones have.
back wrote: December 13th, 2019, 8:27 am
groschopf wrote: December 12th, 2019, 3:21 pm Is Paul Rudd trying to use a car to jumpstart the ghost trap or the other way around?

Looks like he's grounded a set of jumper cables on the trap handle and hooked the hot clamp to the pedal cord port.

Boosting your car with a Ghost Trap or Charging said Trap with your car? Result is something like this:
I wish I could like this TWICE
Maybe the angles are playing tricks on me... or my eyes are... but it looks like there is no spacer for the top of the pack on either the pack on the table, or the one worn. The spacers are obviously on the bottom, but the frame appears to meet up with the motherboard where the top spacer should be. And thinking about it from a logical standpoint, that would probably help with weight distribution. It would put the top of the pack closer to your head, but might help with the weight a little bit.
33rdparanormal wrote: August 1st, 2020, 9:28 pm Maybe the angles are playing tricks on me... or my eyes are... but it looks like there is no spacer for the top of the pack on either the pack on the table, or the one worn. The spacers are obviously on the bottom, but the frame appears to meet up with the motherboard where the top spacer should be. And thinking about it from a logical standpoint, that would probably help with weight distribution. It would put the top of the pack closer to your head, but might help with the weight a little bit.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]