Discuss the upcoming movie to be released in 2020 and directed by Jason Reitman.
c.fago wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 8:45 pm Austin what's happened to your Afterlife pack build thread? I was following it with great interest. You did a beautiful job and your pics where fantastic too!
Off-forum stuff happened. I know that's not a satisfying explanation, but we should respect Austin's decision in this instance to take the thread down.
Nicholszz liked this
c.fago wrote: August 4th, 2020, 2:39 pm I understand and hope he's not having legal troubles from the production for sharing some pack infos with our community.
Doubt it. I'm guessing he was firmly told to cease and desist. I'm sure they would only start the legal troubles if he didn't take it down. It's cleaner for all sides this way and caused the least amount of riples.
It wasn't just the trailer...someone involved know was sharing info.

Just my 2 cents but probably shouldn't have shared the info anywhere, albeit the leak is more of the responsibility of the original source who leaked it. Can't really blame the poster as who wouldn't want to get started on a build and post photos with insider info, but if the source was a friend that's just bad taste in my opinion.

My friend's family member holds a pretty good position in the CGI industry and works on major marvel movies, and she won't even disclose to her own family what movie she's working on at a given time. That stuff is normally sealed up like top secret. You get caught leaking stuff you arent supposed to you get blacklisted in the film industry...

I think Jason Reitman said at one point he want's this movie to "unwrap like a x-mas present" so it's best to keep it that way and stop snooping where the gifts are hiding.

:wrongforum:
Nicholszz, RedSpecial liked this
Ok official pics are out so cat's out of the bag now!
It's definitely some type of male/female powercon connector, possibly made by Neutrik.
The male 3 prong part goes in the thrower handle (most likely modified to fit)
The female part is painted silver attached to the split loom somehow (maybe tape as well)

There's many variations of powercon adapters out there, many of which look the part
Jimsy33, Kingpin, groschopf and 3 others liked this
RedSpecial wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:49 pm that and a dixie bracket instead of a v-hook :sigh:
I'm not a fan of either of those details .
Not only that, but the male portion of the Dixie bracket lacks the aluminum block to offset it from the pack.
Glenn Frederick liked this
Lowberg wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:55 pm I just realized they are using that silly dale resistor nut that soo many fans put on their packs despite it never being on GB1/GB2 packs hahahaha I guess now it's the way!
Do you mean this one?

This is a photograph of the GB2 hero pack worn by Bill Burray.

?

And this is a photo from when GB1 was covered in Life magazine
Thank you Red Special lol

Yea in those photos that's yellow epoxy leaking out. They never ever used the hexagon brass nut on the outside of the ion arm on any movie pack but yet 80% of fans who build proton pack replicas put it on there for some reason lol I'm not saying it doesn't look cool on the new packs, it's just funny that they most likely made that decision based off what fans have been doing.
RedSpecial liked this
Lowberg wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 8:03 am Thank you Red Special lol

Yea in those photos that's yellow epoxy leaking out. They never ever used the hexagon brass nut on the outside of the ion arm on any movie pack but yet 80% of fans who build proton pack replicas put it on there for some reason lol I'm not saying it doesn't look cool on the new packs, it's just funny that they most likely made that decision based off what fans have been doing.
The prop makers bought parts from sellers on this site, it's not surprisong they referenced fan builds.
Last edited by Bison256 on September 23rd, 2020, 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lowberg liked this
Kingpin wrote: September 23rd, 2020, 1:32 pm
Demon Vice Commander wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:59 pm Not only that, but the male portion of the Dixie bracket lacks the aluminum block to offset it from the pack.
I dunno, I think there might be a mounting block there (highlighted in red):

Good eye! There's definitely something there; it does look a bit crooked, though...

I once spent a year saving up for an aluminium Pro[…]

Amazon Prime in the UK has the 40 episodes. T[…]

They may end up being prototype placeholders (I ho[…]

The majority (if not totality) of the electronics […]