For years, fans of Ghostbusters II who've wanted to listen to the orchestral score written by Randy Edelman have had to rely on an unofficial copy, digitally ripped from the DVD of the film, and marred by occasional sound effects throughout the track.

Ghostbusters II fans will soon be able to hear an official release of the score music via Sony Masterworks, as revealed by Edelman's official website:
At long last, Sony Masterworks will be releasing the much requested orchestral score of Randy Edelman’s for “Ghostbusters 2.” The composer will be directly involved in the package.
The release is currently scheduled for 2021, giving us another reason to look forward to next year.
Sav C, robbritton liked this
This is great, I have wanted a copy of the score to Ghostbusters II for a long time. While Elmer Bernstein's score is the stronger of the two composers, Randy Edelman did a decent job for the most part. I do agree that some of the cues/music does at times sound like stock music from a 1980's or 1990's sitcom their are a few bright spots like when the Ghostbusters gear up in the courtroom and their attempt to blast through the slime shell around the museum. Also, the music for Vigo's introduction is really strong as well, even 30 years later it still makes the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end.
Sav C, robbritton, deadderek and 1 others liked this
Wow! There’s something I would almost have put money on never seeing! Really, really happy about this.

Now, If the last half of EGB gets an official physical release I’ll have nothing left to want for!
Sav C liked this
What frustrates me about the Bernstein score is that it's never been complete, and the latest one was frustratingly out-of-order. My hope is that on the next video re-release they include an isolated score track. That would be satisfying enough, because they seem incapable otherwise.

Also major fingers crossed that GBII will get a vinyl release on the Sony Masterworks label. They do have several releases already on vinyl, and it would look just beautiful next to the Bernstein score.
Finally, at long last! I love the GB2 score. It may not be as quirky as GB1's but it has a heroic quality along with spooky ques that I've enjoyed for years. I will definitely be buying this when it's available. To me, this is better news than the delayed release of Stranger Ghostbusters Things: Afterlife.
robbritton wrote: August 11th, 2020, 2:17 am Wow! There’s something I would almost have put money on never seeing! Really, really happy about this.

Now, If the last half of EGB gets an official physical release I’ll have nothing left to want for!
The last half? Imagine living in North America where we have no half. Nothing annoys me more. Or at least for god sake put it on ITunes or Youtube or the PlayStation Store(ya know...the store you OWN where it would cost you, let me think, how much? Oh right...NOTHING!!!)
Am I being rubbish at searching, or has all evidence of this vanished from Edelman's site? Hope it's still going ahead.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]