Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By GK45
A post on Reddit claims it will be $50 but I'm not sure if there is any official word yet.
It's a shame that they aren't including a Zuul Head for people that collected Clortho already as the BAF.
Though equally a shame that they didn't make the BAF Zuul if this was in the pipeline. Could have even put the head in with Dana.

I'm guessing that this was meant to be a con exclusive that has been shifted due to Covid.
By Peter Venkman Jr.
@GK45: It would not surprise me at at all if this action figure set was intended to be an exclusive to San Deigo Comic Con this year and got moved to Hasbro Pulse when SDCC was canceled. I agree, it would have been nice if the Plasma series Dana Barrett had included a Zuul Terror Dog head as an accessory. It is just really lazy that Hasbro is giving us the Vinz Clortho head a second time in with this upcoming set.

Looking forward to seeing what Hasbro has in the pipeline next.
By GK45
Megalopolis has the Plasma Series Wave 1 set of 6 on sale for $59.99 as part of their summer sale.
https://megalopolis.toys/products/ghost ... -june-2020

Prolly the best price you'll find on these for those still needing them. Was going to grab them this month anyway, so great timing for me.

EDIT: Sold out now. They still have Ray, Peter, Dana and Gozer available for $10.99
ccv66 liked this
By deadderek
Glow in the Dark wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 4:07 am I can't see the Plasma series doing well. It just looks bad and plain.

Anyway is there any news on the neutrona wand?
The wand is still on track to be released on schedule and there's even an unboxing video out there.
By SMClabby
Not been the biggest fan of the Plasma series figures based on pictures online, but they do look a lot better in hand.

Can;t justify getting them all again though, after the effort I put into getting the complete line of Matty Busters, especially when they were never available her in the UK...
By henz
Grabbed the entire Plasma wave on ebay. Really glad I did. I think the series suffers for being the third take on the license in this format (plus other scales/price points), which is a shame because they are easily better than both Mattel and Diamond's efforts. Some of the likenesses are a little soft, but still better than the competition. Egon and Dana are the most improved.

I'm hesitant to order that Louis and Terror Dog set, cause I'm kind of expecting Louis to follow in a regular release. He looks good though. I hope the line succeeds, I'm in as long as the quality continues. I'd love to see the Rookie some when.
By GK45
Yeah, they do look better in person. I'm still a bit disappointed in some of the missing paint aps, like the black elbow pads.
The wand bothers me too.

Someone in, china I think? Got the Tully set early if you want to take a better look at it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndPa3vOBWn8

Wonder why Hasbro is giving all these early looks to people in China. *scratches head* Aren't the Ghostbusters movies banned in China because of ghosts?
By 1chapelcredit
Checked through this thread but didn't see any recent updates:

I've been anxiously awaiting the new hasbro kids RP proton pack and MOD proton blaster. Has anyone seen any updates on that product line? It seems to be radio silence out there.
By Mr.Spider
IT was pushed along with everything else when the movie was pushed. the Kenner and wave 1 of Plasma figures are the only official releases right now.

Everything else is tied to the movie; 5 inch line, roleplay toys and wave 2 of plasma figures as they from the new movie no the original.
Prime 1986 liked this
By Broccoli
I'm really looking forward to getting the proton pack and the wand for my two girls. I have one that is 1 and a half and another that is nearly 3. They are just entranced by all the Ghostbuster movies (the 3 year old more than the younger one). When it comes out (or by Xmas that year) and if they are still into Ghostbusters, they would be at the right age for the toy, I think. If I feel ambitious, I would look into trying to mod it for lights and sound. Not sure how that one would work though until I get it in hand (or I see someone else do it on YouTube lol).
By ccv66
Not a fan of 12" packs but I also thought they were going to be real cheap like $10. Their head sculpts look better then mattel's. Probably worth buying to swap heads. Either way looks good for a cheap kids toy
By Broccoli
I was thinking and I don't know if this idea was floated around or not yet. After the neutrona wand was released, there has been a wish to get a proton pack to go with it. Word has been mum on that from Hasbro's part. Interestingly enough, Mattel never made one, despite making other props. I guess it might have to do with a cost vs. profitability.

This got me thinking. Since the pack might be a niche thing (and possibly pricey) and Hasbo has a knack for doing crowd funded projects with HasLab, do you think this might be a way to go for them to release a full pack? Possibly even have it be a pack with a classic wand that can be swapped with the Afterlife one?
deadderek liked this
By Glenn Frederick
I think Hasbro has a lot of options with the license but making the smaller Plasma series replicas like the Trap and PKE meter are more likely to happen first. Even though Mattel put out both and Spirit/Rubies continues to release Traps and PKE Meters the demand is still there for them and any improvement in their products vs previous ones by other companies is an almost guarantee sale. I think well see other small Plasma Series replicas before they consider a Proton Pack. My wish is a new Firehouse made exactly like the original and Slime in the old style containers.
By Broccoli
True. I expect them to release a trap and PKE meter at some point. Those seem like no-brainers.

I would also love to see a RGB Firehouse, but I feel that might be a longshot. I guess it depends on how much they are willing to extend the RGB Kenner line.

I figure that if they even consider a proton pack, it wouldn't be for at least another year or two at the absolute earliest (assuming the license does well enough for Hasbro to continue it). I'm just speculating on how they would approach such a thing.
By Chicken, He Clucked
I'd personally love for them to try a Plasma series run at the Real Ghostbusters figures - because the DS ones are overpriced now and weren't the best sculpts. Hopefully the scarcity of those figures shows Hasbro there is demand. Although equally I'd love a full Fright Features set.

For 2021 I have the WETA Terror Dog and Ectotron MkII on order. I think I'm pretty much done on movie merch until Afterlife drops and we see what else is in there.

If anything it feels like there has been a glut of merch over the last few years, and discerning which version of which item is worth collecting (or not) has been a part time job! We had nothing for decades and all of a sudden the ratio of product saturation versus source material has tipped slightly in the wrong direction for my wallet.

I may make a post about the various Ecto-1's to illustrate this!
seekandannoy liked this
By ccv66
Kinda was hoping they were going to be out for Xmas. Wanted them as gifts for small kids. I thought they were going you be cheap too, like around $10. Worth that price if all you did was just swap heads with the Mattel 12 inch.
By Ecto24601
It's neat they put the "neutrona wand" chest in the upcoming Plasma Series Afterlife Ecto-1 too:

I'm not too happy with the aging paint job and the antennas though. Still, it's 50 bucks only and a "new" Ecto...
Kingpin liked this
By Ecto24601

Guess this is the first unboxing video of the Ecto-1. Watch it on mute, it's just 13 minutes of music.
Now I'm skeptical in regards to the quality.
Last edited by Kingpin on December 22nd, 2020, 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
deadderek liked this

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]