Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Kingpin wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:27 am
Sav C wrote: September 21st, 2020, 9:13 pm so hopefully they don't withhold the photo for too much longer. I probably would of hit my Print Screen key hard enough to break it had I seen the photo...
If it is Bill wearing a new suit, and not a still from the Scream Awards (and I'm still doubtful, as at one point during the show he wasn't wearing a Pack: Image) then don't expect the photo to shop up again... Seeing a shot like that would've been practically the last part of Jason's "surprise present unwrapping" plan, something he likely would've intended to only be seen in the cinema.

Another shot of Bill from the event, to see if it jogs the memory of those who saw the Twitter post:

SpaceBallz wrote: September 21st, 2020, 10:16 pm WAIT...Murray was on set last year in his Venkman uniform and NOBODY SAVED IT?!
That's what's being assumed, but it's not definite.
It was Murray on the set of Afterlife, wearing an old and worn out jumpsuit. Not a pic from Scream Awards.

I wrote a comment under the video Brownstein posted on his Instagram page, and right after Eric Reich wrote to me asking to not share the video, cause they want this to be the bigger surprise.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Davideverona wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:31 am It was Murray on the set of Afterlife, wearing an old and worn out jumpsuit. Not a pic from Scream Awards.

I wrote a comment under the video Brownstein posted on his Instagram page, and right after Eric Reich wrote to me asking to not share the video, cause they want this to be the bigger surprise.
You don't have to share it, but didn't you confirm someone else saved it? :vinzclortho:
deadderek liked this
Corey91 wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:35 am
Davideverona wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 1:31 am It was Murray on the set of Afterlife, wearing an old and worn out jumpsuit. Not a pic from Scream Awards.

You don't have to share it, but didn't you confirm someone else saved it? :vinzclortho:
absolutely not.

that was Deadderek.

If they've made a promise to Eric, it's not cool to ask them to break that promise, even only to see it as a private message.

Why spoil what was intended to be the biggest surprise of the movie for yourself?
deadderek, Alphagaia, Davideverona and 4 others liked this
I guess it’s just a hard pill to swallow that a few fans got to see Murray in costume as Peter Venkman after 31 years while the rest of us are like... well, whatever the twinkie equivalent is to chopped liver.

And not only is he in the GB flightsuit, but he’s actually out of character having fun while doing so. That in and of itself must’ve been a sight to behold!

Oh well, back to waiting. 6 more months
Well if thats the surprise, i hope it makes sense narratively speaking. I know they filmed for a couple weeks, the variety article said “one week”, but i remember seeing leaked call sheets with Weaver and Murray that dated farther back in summer ‘19 ..(so..maybe a misinterpretation that the article writer was there for that one week) So i hope theres more to their story then just having 4-5 characters popping up in the last act. Just my two cents

I think its funny theyre using the ghostbusters as a protected “spoiler” in a ghostbusters movie lol

Like..i get it. Its been years, so they want the announcement to have weight..but..cmon..they already confirmed the cast. the surprise is getting a Gb3 in the first place in my eyes.

imagine if they did that for Crystal Skull or something.

News anchor voice: “In other news, we are keeping the reveal of Indiana jones a secret surprise for the new indiana jones movie. 😂

I give them credit though, We’ve literally gotten sprinkled crumbs for this movie lol theyve been really super tight on spoilers for almost 2 years.
by the way, not sure if anyone saw this.

theres some BTS clips of GB: AF and some extra footage i havent seen yet. (its a side shot of Trevor in the ecto, fist pumping behind the wheel )
Last edited by Kingpin on September 22nd, 2020, 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added YouTube code
deadderek, mrmichaelt, groschopf and 2 others liked this
Holy crap awesome. Sharing screencaps all over now.

Here I made this .gif for everyone:
mrmichaelt, groschopf, Kingpin and 3 others liked this
BatDan wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 4:34 am by the way, not sure if anyone saw this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ISqUy6e3aI

theres some BTS clips of GB: AF and some extra footage i havent seen yet. (its a side shot of Trevor in the ecto, fist pumping behind the wheel )
At the 20 second mark, those big pipes are labeled "Braun" - the German company or the American one that KBR acquired?

Also at the 32 second mark, look in the lower left. He kept the whale. :D
Yeah I noticed it too and someone else made this:
RichardLess wrote: September 21st, 2020, 10:49 pm Don’t know if it’s been mentioned over here yet but the great Michael Chapman, DP of Ghostbusters 2(and many other great films such as Taxi Driver & Raging Bull) passed away. He was 84.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/ ... dies-at-84
Rest well, Chappy!

Interesting stunt car use from ATC in that video. I was hoping for a second the Run DMC track was going to take over!
I'm actually fine with not seeing Bill in a jumpsuit just yet. I have to assume the video wouldn't be well lit, well shot or fully representative of the glory of him being fully suited up.

I wanted spoilers before. Hell, I still kinda do. But if keeping some of this under wraps helps the movie to surprise people and the franchise as a whole, by God we should.

Afterlife is going to have a hell of a lot of expectations put upon it after so many years between films and a pandemic slowing its release. It'll need every advantage it can get, and we diehard fans can help facilitate that.
Davideverona wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 4:39 am Who wouldn't fist pump driving the Ecto-1?
deadderek wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 4:49 am Holy crap awesome. Sharing screencaps all over now.

Here I made this .gif for everyone:
We're all Trevor in that clip. :)
d_osborn wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:46 am Interesting stunt car use from ATC in that video.
Indeed. A photo of this car popped up back in the day:

It's good to finally see where it fitted in. :) Interesting to see it didn't have the LED lightbar on it at one point.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
It's hard to know how far these things are planned in advance, but I use the digital streaming site VUDU for most of my online movie purchases. For the first couple months of the pandemic there was no question that their sales were pre-planned. The Fast and the Furious movies went on sale the week that F9 would have opened, and the James Bond movies went on sale the week that No Time to Die was going to open.

Scanning their weekly sales today, which refresh on Tuesdays, there is a "Ghostbusters sale" in a sort of inconspicuous section of the site, and I can't help but wonder if today was the day that we were supposed to get it on home video, given the distance from the original theatrical release date.
Last edited by tylergfoster on September 22nd, 2020, 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
groschopf wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 8:55 am I'm actually fine with not seeing Bill in a jumpsuit just yet. I have to assume the video wouldn't be well lit, well shot or fully representative of the glory of him being fully suited up.

I wanted spoilers before. Hell, I still kinda do. But if keeping some of this under wraps helps the movie to surprise people and the franchise as a whole, by God we should.

Afterlife is going to have a hell of a lot of expectations put upon it after so many years between films and a pandemic slowing its release. It'll need every advantage it can get, and we diehard fans can help facilitate that.
Bill and a group of cast and crew were inside of one of those white event tents, Bill was standing next to a white catering table. He was wearing a jump suit and elbow pads, both aged to look dirty and old. In the back ground were some young female extras in what kind of looked like cheer leader outfits.
Last edited by Bison256 on September 22nd, 2020, 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hmmm the pack is being futzed with while on the set of the Summerville Sheriff's Office:

Sav C, kahuna900, RedSpecial liked this
Alphagaia wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 10:23 am I'm giving my Calendar the middlefinger right now.
Ain't the poor calendar's fault, it's the goddamn virus and the Covidiots who are helping to prolong it.
deadderek, kahuna900, Sav C and 4 others liked this
To be honest, as much as I'm stoked to hear about Bill in the suit again I'm more than happy to wait for that reveal and get the full impact of it.
If anything I would have been more interested in seeing how the pack differs from the Spengler pack which we've seen so much of already.

I'm just happy to have confirmation that he does get into the suit at some point, as it was high on my list of hopes.
it's fantastic news :)
kahuna900, Kingpin, Wafflerobot and 1 others liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: September 21st, 2020, 6:56 pm
janeb984 wrote: September 21st, 2020, 5:56 pm Question... Did anyone ever report seeing either Annie Potts or Ernie Hudson on set in Calgary? I feel like they were not mentioned as being present during the OG filming.
I recall Hudson was spotted around Calgary by people during filming.
https://twitter.com/kraken_kitty/status ... 6257756161

Was he there when the others were? I was thinking of that photo of Dan Bill and Sigourney at the birthday dinner in the hotel. Ernie and Annie weren't there. Which is odd to me.

Anybody see Annie?
deadderek wrote: September 22nd, 2020, 11:37 am Hmmm the pack is being futzed with while on the set of the Summerville Sheriff's Office:

How do you know that this is the Sheriff's Office? In my mind, I always envisioned that these kids find the gear and, being inspired by Grooberson's retelling of the events of 1984, go off on this ghost hunting adventure without telling any adults about it. The property damage done causes the Sheriff to round up the kids, impound the Ecto-1, and seize the gear.
Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]