By tobycj
Tried it tonight and it worked a treat! Got a bunch of Azo tablets left if any UK folk want me to dye hose for them. Just to be clear, this isn't an offer to sell, trade or give the Azo tablets to anyone.
Last edited by tobycj on August 19th, 2018, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Kingpin
tobycj wrote: August 17th, 2018, 4:14 pm Tried it tonight and it worked a treat! Got a bunch of Azo tablets left if any UK folk want hose dying for them.
I should not have to be writing this again only two posts after the last time I'd posted this, but the sharing of medication (even if it's largely harmless) should not be encouraged here.
By tobycj
It wasn't an offer to send anyone the tablets, it was an offer to dye hose for them and post it already dyed. If even that's not allowed feel free to delete the post, absolutely not my intent though! :-| just thought it'd save people the hassle
By AndFisher
This totally worked. Brilliant. Much easier than sourcing clear yellow hose. I wasn't going to bother with traditional dye and would have lived with clear PVC hose, but I'm so glad I gave this a shot. It was so easy to do. Many thanks to the OP for sharing.
twmedford23 liked this
By TrooperTom
Wow!!!
I was going to try and find Rit Dye and I found this post. I was concerned because I’ve heard mixed things about the dye with the hose.
This trick with the urinary pills is amazing!!!
Hose came out awesome! Quick and easy too!

I feel like a scientist 😂
twmedford23 liked this
By jonogunn
tobycj wrote: October 26th, 2020, 4:05 pm
jonogunn wrote: October 25th, 2020, 9:04 pm Does anyone know if other brands of this stuff would work? I can’t find the product anywhere here in canada
Did you try Amazon? I got some shipped to the UK from Amazon US.
I did. And though many versions of the Azo brand shows up the maximum strength one doesn’t ship to Canada.

Also it would cost a lot and I don’t feel justified in paying $10 USD + $10 shipping fee. Especially if there exist other brands locally that do the same job. I’m
Fienen wrote: April 5th, 2021, 7:20 pm Did my hose tonight. Two tablets, soaked about an hour. Really, really surprised at how good this did. Out of curiosity, now that folks have had theirs a while, does the color hold pretty well over time?

I did mine 2 1/2 years ago and it's absolutely fine still.
We tried this on a small piece of pipe yesterday, but using turmeric and a drop of vinegar. Unlike Mercifull 's experience, it kinda worked for us. This week we will try with the whole pipe, I'll share photos/videos after the application.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon. Left the hose under direct sunlight to see the effects and indeed it lost the color. We tried iodine on another piece, the color is not as vibrant, we will also try sunbathing it in a few hours.

I wonder if the sunlight effects are the same for the ones that are dyed with urinary pain relief pills...
By tobycj
atescetin wrote: August 21st, 2022, 5:08 am We tried this on a small piece of pipe yesterday, but using turmeric and a drop of vinegar. Unlike Mercifull 's experience, it kinda worked for us. This week we will try with the whole pipe, I'll share photos/videos after the application.

EDIT: I guess I spoke too soon. Left the hose under direct sunlight to see the effects and indeed it lost the color. We tried iodine on another piece, the color is not as vibrant, we will also try sunbathing it in a few hours.

I wonder if the sunlight effects are the same for the ones that are dyed with urinary pain relief pills...
I dyed my leg hose nearly four years ago with Azo tablets, trooped inside and outside with it and it doesn't seem to have faded at all so far.
By trekgod3
I just did the Azo method a couple days ago. Worked great. Filled the bottom of a 5 gallon home depot bucket with enough hot water to cover the hose. Dropped in 4 tablets, stirred them up with a spoon. The color change was pretty much instant. Let it soak for about 10 minutes, rinsed it with hot soapy water, and hung it up outside to dry. I used the Wal-Mart brand tablets, under $6 for like 24 tablets.
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]