Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
droidguy1119 wrote: October 26th, 2020, 9:18 am Funny that Sony hasn't bothered to change out the Summer 2020 teaser poster on their own lot.
Just as well in the long run, if they had they would've ended up wasting their money on March 2021 one.
Bison256 wrote: October 26th, 2020, 12:37 pm
groschopf wrote: October 25th, 2020, 11:18 pm

You aussies certainly know how to do it right.

I like how they're throwing shade on Melbourne.
About 99% of Victorias cases ended up linked to Melbourne and its suburbs. We currently have a hard border around it. You can only leave the area with a valid reason ie a work permit. If not you got turned back.

Theres actually several people in Melbourne who are facing manslaughter charges for breaches of the lockdown which directly lead to deaths from Covid-19.
deadderek liked this
droidguy1119 wrote:Funny that Sony hasn't bothered to change out the Summer 2020 teaser poster on their own lot.
I figured their parking structure posters are the equivalent of old magazines in the dentist's office. There's probably an Amazing Spider-Man 2 poster in a corner somewhere. :P

But yes, ideally, theaters will probably have to stick with "Coming Soon" if they don't want to bleed the budget making new posters every couple months.
pizzarat liked this
It's crazy to think that in a non-covid world, we'd be in the Blu-Ray/Digital release stage. Just the same, I am glad they are waiting until June. We need this film to do well if we want any additional ghostbusters media, such as another sequel or a new cartoon, to be made. For that to happen, casual moviegoers need to see it, and that just didn't seem likely to happen with the March release.

I do hope that the extra time is being used wisely. Whether that's to develop other projects or film some kind of end of credits sequence that wasn't originally included, anything would be appreciated.
Wafflerobot, Sav C, mrmichaelt and 4 others liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:31 pm It's crazy to think that in a non-covid world, we'd be in the Blu-Ray/Digital release stage. Just the same, I am glad they are waiting until June. We need this film to do well if we want any additional ghostbusters media, such as another sequel or a new cartoon, to be made. For that to happen, casual moviegoers need to see it, and that just didn't seem likely to happen with the March release.

I do hope that the extra time is being used wisely. Whether that's to develop other projects or film some kind of end of credits sequence that wasn't originally included, anything would be appreciated.
I've been day dreaming about hoping to the nearest convenient parallel dimension and getting a copy. sigh
mrmichaelt liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: October 27th, 2020, 2:31 pm It's crazy to think that in a non-covid world, we'd be in the Blu-Ray/Digital release stage. Just the same, I am glad they are waiting until June. We need this film to do well if we want any additional ghostbusters media, such as another sequel or a new cartoon, to be made. For that to happen, casual moviegoers need to see it, and that just didn't seem likely to happen with the March release.

Hey Ghostbusters The Video Game was supposed to be out in October 2008, but due to Activision dropping as publisher The Game got delayed till June of 2009. The results for that went very well. They used the time to polish up the cutscenes a bit more and the game wound up being a pretty good hit all things considered. Maybe the same thing will happen with Afterlife. One way or another I think the film will be worth the wait. :):):)
Mack's Factory will be selling officially licensed proton pack parts.

Judging from their background art, they may know a little bit about what the Afterlife pack will look like, or were supplied art from Ghost Corps.

Nothing new to the crew here, but you can see the new cable running along side the ribbon cable plugging in to the cyclotron, and the new filler tube in the schematic. You can also see the new screw-shaped parts on the injector tube lines. I'd wager those elements were approved to show the public, since we've already seen as much.

Looks like a designer haphazardly deleted some lines in Illustrator, since the ribbon cable cuts off near the top. Makes me wonder how much needed to be changed before releasing it to the public. The tubing and Legris elbow on the right side of the cyclotron also look different but similarly cut off near the Clippard valve.

Last edited by groschopf on October 28th, 2020, 7:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
Maybe they can send a C&S to Texas.

Can't wait to see what these guys do compared to the scam Anovos was exposed to be.

On a Sony Pictures related note:
"Sony Pictures Division Profits Slip to $300 Million in Second Quarter"

https://variety.com/2020/biz/asia/sony- ... 17440/amp/
groschopf liked this
I think it's important to remember that Sony, unlike other studios, doesn't make their bread and butter on their movies. That's what the tech side is for. I think they can weather this, in some respects, better that the old school studios.
This content received too many dislikes. Click SHOW to view
Yeah i'm pissed about the date change. Honestly they didn't have to do it. they could have played the wait and see game since theaters are still closed.

In the long run if they release he-man, knight rider, the re release of the 90's tmnt film it's going to be an awesome summer regardless. I wouldn't mind a BTTF reboot if Paul stays the hell away from it. I thought I'd read that they were releasing Ecto cooler for After Life?

If that's the case they can do us a solid and think about making it a burger king exclusive like taco bell does with baja blast. I seriously doubt we'll find any on release date. Then you have the amazon/ e bay scalpers to tend with.
timeware wrote: October 30th, 2020, 9:27 pm Honestly they didn't have to do it. they could have played the wait and see game since theaters are still closed.
America has just seen it's record-high daily Covid numbers, France and Germany have returned to lockdown, and it looks like the UK might be following suit for November.

It was in Sony's interests to move it as Spring 2020 does not look as viable as it did even three months ago.
timeware wrote: October 30th, 2020, 9:27 pm I thought I'd read that they were releasing Ecto cooler for After Life?
The only thing I've seen regarding Ecto Cooler was a resurrected article from 2016 about it being brought back for Answer The Call.
deadderek, Sav C, robbritton liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Michael Scott wrote: October 31st, 2020, 6:16 am Saw this on the Ghostbusters Incorporated Worldwide Facebook page:

https://instagram.com/extralegoleaks?ig ... qa1kl4ohvu

Afterlife Ecto-1 Lego set, UCS scale. Again we see the RC trap.
Okay, I like the proportions of the Afterlife build so much more than the original. Looks like they made parts specifically for it.

To give you some idea of the scale:

The headlights on the original Ecto-1 are 1x1 studs big. The headlights on this new set are 2x2.

The original's full width from side to side was 8 studs across. The lightbars on the new model alone are 10 studs wide.
It looks like the new set's side-to-side width is around 14-16 studs wide... The older set's full length was 26 studs from fender to fender.

This new set is a beast.
Alphagaia, Prime 1986 liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]