Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
RichardLess wrote: November 17th, 2020, 1:30 pm
philmorgan81 wrote: November 16th, 2020, 11:09 am

LOL! Well I was pretty young when I saw Fargo. Yes it was just the once. ;). It would probably be a great idea to see it with a pair of fresh eyes. I certainly hope you don’t think that I was attacking a movie that YOU enjoy. Trust me Fargo must be pretty good. After all it has it’s own TV series. Which if I am not mistaken actually has Carrie Coon. It was the only example I had in the back of my head about not always agreeing with what professional critics say. :):):)
Haha no I didn’t think that at all. Tho I 1000% recommend giving it another shot. I can’t tell you how many movies I saw as a younger person & didn’t appreciate at the time only to rewatch later & fall in love. Infact one of my favourite films of all time, Master & Commander The Far Side of the World, was one of those. I didn’t like Fight Club the first time. Or even franchises like James Bond or Star Trek. I didn’t come to them until later in life. Granted the opposite also happens. I use to love Gladiator. Now? Not so much. Or Superman Returns. I was so pumped to see a Superman movie that I actually fooled myself into thinking it was a good movie. Or The Dark Knight. Yeah that’s right. I don’t like The Dark Knight lol.

Then there’s movie I find it hard to watch due to something about the actor. I can’t watch anything with Kevin Spacey. For obvious reasons. I can’t separate the actor from the character.

That’s what’s great about movies like Ghostbusters 1 & 2. I’ve seen them thousands of times and they hold up or even get better with time. Isn’t it great when you watch a movie for the 1004th time & you notice a detail that you that never caught before or suddenly a line of dialogue clicks and become funny? For example in Ghostbusters 2 when Dana comes over to Venkman’s apartment after the Bath Tube slime attack and she goes to put Oscar down & Venkman says “May I?” It was only like 5-6 years ago where I was like oooh! That’s why he says those things about Oscar being short & being a burden. He’s literally “putting him down”. How many times had I seen that moment and suddenly it now works in a whole new context. I love that!
Oh absolutely! It is a great experience to see new things even after you have seen a movie thousands of times. I can't tell you how many films have done that to me. Ghostbusters 1 and 2 are the gifts that keep on giving. Like you I still find new things everytime I watch them.

Oh and if I were you I wouldn't give myself a hard time about Superman Returns. I think that if you sincerely had a great experience with the movie it was because the film struck the right cords with you at the time. Like you I was itching to see a new cinematic version of Superman. During that time I think the only thing we were enjoying was the second or third season of Smallville and all that was doing was teasing us that we wanted to see Superman. ;). I have to admit the story may be weak, but when Superman zooms in to save the space shuttle and all the scenes where Superman shows up saving people from from the disasters in the city with that triumphant John Williams score playing. It is hard for me not to get pumped.

LOL! Okay I am done derailing the Ghostbusters topic, I just wanted to give young you some credit that even if Superman Returns wasn't the best it could have been, the movie does do some things right. It's very understandable how it can hit the right cordes. :):):)
Dr.D wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:00 am Probably pretty safe to assume the effects in the trailer are not final. It's fairly common for trailers to have unfinished or unpolished visual effects.
Indeed. In the first trailer for ATC, there's a shot showing a street full of people moments set moments after the leylines are activated and ghosts start to flood the city. In that first trailer, no ghosts are present... But in a subsequent release, the scene features them, and even shows some awnings were recoloured from blue to red, so they stood out when the greenish ghosts floated past them.
JonXCTrack wrote: November 17th, 2020, 10:40 am Where can I find the "Lego spot"?
Seconded! Enquiring minds want to know. :)

Edit:Found it

As far as I can see, it's the same footage in the standard trailer. No change in the stream colours.
Dr.D, deadderek, mrmichaelt and 1 others liked this
They're supposed to be rolling out the Pfizer vaccine in December (90% effective) and the Moderna vaccine right behind it (97% effective). They're hoping most people will be vaccinated by spring 2021. If that happens I'd love for theaters to open back up.
Sav C liked this
Everything with vaccines will take longer than they are saying. December you MIGHT see frontline workers and higher risks people being inoculated. Gonna be a few months before they can send out to the general population.

But...that Summer date might still hold IF, and this is one hell of a big if, a combination of mitigating factors are combined with the potential rollout of a vaccine.
Sav C, deadderek, groschopf and 3 others liked this
Dr.D wrote: November 17th, 2020, 7:45 pm Everything with vaccines will take longer than they are saying. December you MIGHT see frontline workers and higher risks people being inoculated. Gonna be a few months before they can send out to the general population.

But...that Summer date might still hold IF, and this is one hell of a big if, a combination of mitigating factors are combined with the potential rollout of a vaccine.
That's the deal here in Italy. The government acquired the first batch of vaccine for about 13 million people, with them being field workers and higher risks people. Then, in the spring, they'll make a second round of vaccination for all the others.

I hope that in a year we'll be back to a semi normal life.
Sav C, Kingpin, devilmanozzy liked this
Bison256 wrote: November 17th, 2020, 8:45 pm When I was younger, I always went to 10am and 11am showing when barely anyone else was there and the ticket was half price. But the AMCs where I live now don't have matinee showing for popular movies.
That's pretty what I started doing into my late 20s/early 30s. I think the last movie I saw in a theater was Rise of Skywalker last December. Usually, it's me and up to 9 other people all spaced out.
Wafflerobot liked this
My last movie was Tenet. With 3 jerks actually sitting in front of me, until they got removed by the clerk as they weren't in the reserved seats they should be, and they got angry.
Bye jerks!

I'm gonna refresh my Unlimited Card when Afterlife hits theatres. Which begs the question, how does BO handle people watching a movie with an Unlimited Card?

You basically pay 21 euro per month to be able to watch any movie you want as much as you want. Do the studios still get a certain amount? Is it diminished?

I really want this movie to be a success.
Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: November 18th, 2020, 1:14 am My last movie was Tenet. With 3 jerks actually sitting in front of me, until they got removed by the clerk as they weren't in the reserved seats they should be, and they got angry.
Bye jerks!
Is this you? lol (Just kidding, you're too nice to act like George! :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iZXRCAL6s
Alphagaia, Kingpin liked this
Well, it's now official. Wonder Woman will be releasing internationally in theaters on the 16th, and then going straight to HBO Max on the 25th at no additional charge, in addition to any theaters that happen to be open.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wond ... 234804411/

We'll see what other studios do in response, if anything.
deadderek liked this
I could see GB:AFL being moved to late 2021 or 2022 before Jason and Sony release it to streaming.

Simple fact is the money just isn't there for a streaming release.
The movie will be out next year. At some point.
2022? I don't think so, not unless we have a very long lock down.
Sony wants this movie out because they know they have something special. If they wait to long to film a sequel they'll have to do a time jump, or start with a whole new team. I could see them starting on another if they know it's going to bring in the cash.
They just started filming Spider Man 3 not to long ago. Well get it next year. Maybe even sooner if there's a third vaccine coming on the way.
Sav C wrote: November 18th, 2020, 1:19 am
Alphagaia wrote: November 18th, 2020, 1:14 am My last movie was Tenet. With 3 jerks actually sitting in front of me, until they got removed by the clerk as they weren't in the reserved seats they should be, and they got angry.
Bye jerks!
Is this you? lol (Just kidding, you're too nice to act like George! :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61iZXRCAL6s
Lol. Such a funny show.

I had nothing to do with them getting removed, though. They did that by themselves by being loud and the clerk immediately springing into action.

Only had to be 'brave' / 'annoyed' exactly once in a theatre. Some douche had laid down his wet coat on our seats and when I pointed it out he just shrugged to impress his girlfriend. I just called him some names to his face, said something along the lines the likes of him aren't worth my time and decided to sit behind him, and that was the end of it.
Never sit in front of the guy you are having beef with.
Sav C liked this
Kalonthar wrote:Well, it's now official. Wonder Woman will be releasing internationally in theaters on the 16th, and then going straight to HBO Max on the 25th at no additional charge, in addition to any theaters that happen to be open.

https://variety.com/2020/film/news/wond ... 234804411/

We'll see what other studios do in response, if anything.
The difference between WW84 and GB:A is that Warner Bros. has a better track record than Sony does, and thus can afford to take a financial hit.
robbritton liked this
Not to mention it's a comic movie, and will have the success of the previous Wonder Woman to help draw fans in either to cinemas that are showing it, or people to HBO.

Without a previous (recent) success to build on, Jason has a more uphill battle.
robbritton, groschopf liked this
Kingpin wrote:Not to mention it's a comic movie, and will have the success of the previous Wonder Woman to help draw fans in either to cinemas that are showing it, or people to HBO.

Without a previous (recent) success to build on, Jason has a more uphill battle.
100% agreed.
Heh. The date on the pictures from the new Lego Set still show 2020 as when Afterlife will be released.

It's also kinda hints the Ecto-1 is an a real disarray when the kids first find it. Kinda wonder how it will take before they have it up and running, because I thought the Muncher bust was an Act 1 deal, not Act 2.
JonXCTrack wrote: November 19th, 2020, 10:27 am The difference between WW84 and GB:A is that Warner Bros. has a better track record than Sony does, and thus can afford to take a financial hit.
And WW84 has an 'in house' streaming service to go to that its company keeps 'all' the profits to itself whereas Sony does not. And they'd have to go to a 'middle man' like Netflix and lose some of the profit they would make. So Afterlife can't successfully use the same model as WW84 and make the same amount of money.
devilmanozzy, Sav C, robbritton and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: November 19th, 2020, 2:32 pm Heh. The date on the pictures from the new Lego Set still show 2020 as when Afterlife will be released.

It's also kinda hints the Ecto-1 is an a real disarray when the kids first find it. Kinda wonder how it will take before they have it up and running, because I thought the Muncher bust was an Act 1 deal, not Act 2.
What if Muncher is the reason the Ecto was parked in the first place? Like he damaged it before he was originally busted, then Egon parked it in the garage and never fixed it.
pizzarat liked this
Alphagaia wrote: November 19th, 2020, 2:32 pm Heh. The date on the pictures from the new Lego Set still show 2020 as when Afterlife will be released.

Isn't the trailer made up of the first 15-20 minutes of the film?
Honestly, I’m getting a bit tired of these extremely vague and generic posts from Jason; a shot of a mixing board, a shot of a screen with the logo, etc. I get that they’re wanting to be overly secretive with this production, and that the community is starved for even the slightest scrap of info, but this just comes off as a bit silly.
Davideverona wrote:https://www.instagram.com/p/CH1sQGtppBW ... kk5njmhk2c
Ooh, they're done mixing? Nice! Love that they continued to give us bits here and there about post-production to give an idea of the end of production overall on the movie. Hmm, so I wonder if that's it or if they still have to do any color grading or do a 3D version?
Alphagaia, robbritton liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]