Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
By l3w1sb159
This thought popped into my head the other day and I thought it could be interesting to go into...

We've seen in the films the streams causing damage to everything they hit; walls, chandeliers, etc.
Almost everytime we've seen the streams fired its been in a closed space with walls and other scenery to be on the receiving end of a stream, but my question is this...

What happens to a stream when its fired outside into the sky like in the "aim for the flat top" scene?

We dont get to see what happens to the beams as they pass through gozer....
Do they dissipate after a certain distance?
Do they carry on at that trajectory indefinitely until they hit something? If so I hope there weren't any aircraft unfortunate enough to cross paths with those stray beams :D

What do you guys think?
Any other ideas or theories about how proton streams could or would behave in various scenarios?
:cool:
Do you know, that's a very good question. The original concept of the proton streams was that they pulled in and ionized particles (the red ion stream) and blasted out electrical energy (the blue crackles). I've always thought that the blue crackles stabilized the ion stream to keep it going in one direction instead of, well, all directions.

I can only conjecture that 1) the streams would keep going on and on without losing efficacy and 2) our boys were just dumb lucky that there wasn't a plane going overhead. Then again, the state might have locked off all airspace as an emergency measure. Suppose Gozer rained down fire and brimstone, which could easily bring a plane down?
    Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]