Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I dunno why they went through all that trouble to crop the patch off her sleeve, you can see the edge of one on Logan's arm and a little blurred on Finn.

This got me pumped again, I think I'll work on my pack today and finally finish it up.
groschopf liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: January 18th, 2021, 10:22 am I dunno why they went through all that trouble to crop the patch off her sleeve, you can see the edge of one on Logan's arm and a little blurred on Finn.
I agree. I imagine the calculus was that only fans like us will know to look for that, but it still seems like they could have just 'shopped those out too.

Hey, Ghost Corps -- hire me, and I'll use content-aware to erase what you don't want fans analyzing to death :D
I know I won't be the only one running out to buy that Empire issue on the 21st. I love the picture of the kids in the adult uniforms. It's humorous in a way of respect/admiration/utility... oversized! Now the question is... are all of those Spengler flight-suits, or perhaps the other OG crew members?
philmorgan81 liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote:
Davideverona wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:21 am Also, why should Sony/Ghost Corps go trough all the ordeal of cropping out a simple no ghost logo on a shoulder? We already know how a no ghost logo is.
Maybe a new patch? I doubt it though.
They photoshopped the Ghostbusters Jr. text underneath the patch. When the OG's come in they'll be wearing the Real Ghostbusters logo.

On a side thought if the uniforms all belonged to Egon would it be considered in bad taste for Peter to ask" Dr. Spengler, I presume?"
Davideverona wrote: January 18th, 2021, 11:21 am Also, why should Sony/Ghost Corps go trough all the ordeal of cropping out a simple no ghost logo on a shoulder? We already know how a no ghost logo is.
To avoid viral content proclaiming "new crew suits up." This photo is still ambiguous since you can't really see them in full regalia. Keeping that from going wide on the internet preserves the surprise and gets butts in seats once the theaters reopen.

Or, to Alphagaia's point -- might be they're hiding the namepatch on Phoebe's uniform.

We won't know the answers until the film comes out.
Davideverona liked this
groschopf wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:14 pm
To avoid viral content proclaiming "new crew suits up." This photo is still ambiguous since you can't really see them in full regalia. Keeping that from going wide on the internet preserves the surprise and gets butts in seats once the theaters reopen.

Or, to Alphagaia's point -- might be they're hiding the namepatch on Phoebe's uniform.

We won't know the answers until the film comes out.
Both theories makes sense. Kudos to you and Alpha.
1. Anyone have a link to a high rez version of the new pic?

2. Jason on Twitter:

3. Where (🇺🇸) do you go to buy a copy of Empire in a store?
pizzarat wrote: January 18th, 2021, 12:42 pm I know I won't be the only one running out to buy that Empire issue on the 21st. I love the picture of the kids in the adult uniforms. It's humorous in a way of respect/admiration/utility... oversized! Now the question is... are all of those Spengler flight-suits, or perhaps the other OG crew members?

Yeah this is another thing produced from this movie that has given me the chills. It was a nice surprise. I can only imagine how the whole movie is going to make me feel. Oh I am thinking the trailer shows all four OG Ghostbuster uniforms and I believe that is what they are wearing in this seen. I think it would be fitting if Kim is wearing Ray’s uniform, Trevor in Peter’s uniform and Phoebe in Spengler’s uniform. It would be a great callback to the OGs Sedgwick bust.

I also believe there are more spare uniforms in that lab somewhere. Ghostbusters 2 showed that Egon alone had quite a few uniforms in his locker. Makes sense for the others to have just as many. Which would explain why so many characters will be seen in uniform. Unless at some point in the movie the kids get more form fitting coveralls at an army surplus in their town and make there own uniforms, leaving the larger uniforms for the adults when they show up. Either way my money is on that there are plenty of uniforms and equipment to go around hidden in that lab. I am now 100% sure that after the OGs disbanded Egon took everything that was in the firehouse and somehow set it up in this new lab. :):):)
pizzarat liked this
Wait, wait, wait...

... is the door open?

Did they Photoshop this image because that's someone else's arm resting on the front seat as they're opening the passenger side door? Maybe Celeste O'Connor?

And if it is, what -- or who -- are they all looking at? Because I had previously presumed it would have been her if she wasn't already in the car.

(I placed the red lines just to compare the window lines to see if they're parallel)
Last edited by groschopf on January 18th, 2021, 2:52 pm, edited 4 times in total.
groschopf wrote: January 18th, 2021, 2:28 pm Wait, wait, wait...

... is the door open?

Did they Photoshop this image because that's someone else's arm opening the passenger side door? Maybe Celeste O'Connor?

(I placed the red lines just to compare the window lines)
I think you're on something.

Maybe Phoebe bad Photoshopped arm was originally on Trevor shoulder and someone was opening the door. They had to hide that.
groschopf liked this
I assumed she was twisting in the jump seat with her right arm tucked down behind the front seat and her left coming in over the top of the front seat so her right shoulder would be close to the camera.
Her left arm looks to blend with Logan Kim which creates an awkward look.
And the bad photoshop was an attempt to cover the logo patch.
deadderek, SpaceBallz liked this
I don't know... that's a left hand on the seat. Mckenna would be contorted -- it appears that left arm would go to the right side of her body.

And it's just as conceivable that they were trying to obscure O'Connor since we didn't since the first trailer doesn't include her as part of the crew going on that first chase.
deadderek wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:02 pm Wouldn't be our first encounter with a bad photoshop:

What am I missing?
groschopf wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:11 pm I don't know... that's a left hand on the seat. Mckenna would be contorted -- it appears that left arm would go to the right side of her body.

And it's just as conceivable that they were trying to obscure O'Connor since we didn't since the first trailer doesn't include her as part of the crew going on that first chase.
Nah its McKenna Graces left arm with her twisting around from the back.
If I knew how to post photos from my phone I could show.
Last edited by Kingpin on January 19th, 2021, 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Combined posts
After this has been revealed by the article and Jason himself, I guess I am no longer bound by the confidentiality agreement, at least when it comes to the flightsuits. They have the original patches on it and yeah, this pic is missing Celeste. There's another picture of the group, standing next to each other. It looks like it's one of a whole series of shots, taken for maybe the movie poster. It's so awesome. I dunno why they decided to go with this bad photoshop pic instead of using a good one but I can see it on the poster together with a new trailer. It's too soon maybe.
groschopf, Davideverona, Hairy Biker and 3 others liked this
Timo wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:21 pm After this has been revealed by the article and Jason himself, I guess I am no longer bound by the confidentiality agreement, at least when it comes to the flightsuits. They have the original patches on it and yeah, this pic is missing Celeste. There's another picture of the group, standing next to each other. It looks like it's one of a whole series of shots, taken for maybe the movie poster. It's so awesome. I dunno why they decided to go with this bad photoshop pic instead of using a good one but I can see it on the poster together with a new trailer. It's too soon maybe.
Thanks Timo!!!

So, you can help us with Phoebe arm. Is it bad photoshopped or is Phoebe twisted around?
Davideverona wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:26 pm
Timo wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:21 pm After this has been revealed by the article and Jason himself, I guess I am no longer bound by the confidentiality agreement, at least when it comes to the flightsuits. They have the original patches on it and yeah, this pic is missing Celeste. There's another picture of the group, standing next to each other. It looks like it's one of a whole series of shots, taken for maybe the movie poster. It's so awesome. I dunno why they decided to go with this bad photoshop pic instead of using a good one but I can see it on the poster together with a new trailer. It's too soon maybe.
Thanks Timo!!!

So, you can help us with Phoebe arm. Is it bad photoshopped or is Phoebe twisted around?
I'm prepared to admit fault n eat humble pie.
Alphagaia wrote: January 18th, 2021, 8:24 am On the flipside, does this mean the Marketing is finally starting up in earnest again?
Hope springs eternal.
Alphagaia wrote: January 18th, 2021, 9:47 am Isn't it possible to obtain a digital copy?
Yes, it's in the FAQ section of the link I posted. It comes with the print pre-order (or order) but you need their app.
The first thing you'll need to do is wait for your order acknowledgement email that contains the details of the app you need to download and your customer number. Once you have received this email, you can use the links provided to download your app and then create an account. If you have any problems with the app links provided in the email, please follow the instructions below.

If you have any questions or need assistance with the above, please e-mail bauerdigital@subscription.co.uk.
deadderek wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:56 pm 3. Where (🇺🇸) do you go to buy a copy of Empire in a store?
Probably a Barnes & Noble if one is still open in your area. Personally, EMPIRE issues take a while to get to mine so I just opted to fork over the 13.99 and ordered it online.
Alphagaia liked this
Davideverona wrote: January 18th, 2021, 3:26 pm
Thanks Timo!!!

Sorry guys, that was a misunderstanding :-) By saying "the pic is missing Celeste" I just meant she's not on it. She was seen on the other pic I was talking about but I have no idea what went wrong with this one.
I can only guess they're trying to make it less obvious they're wearing the uniforms from the underground lab. They requested that the packaging showing the jumpsuit-clad kids be taken down after it was posted... I guess they're hoping that people just think they're wearing general coveralls, rather than the Ghostbusters' uniforms. :whatever:
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 18th, 2021, 12:19 pm Maybe a new patch? I doubt it though.
Same. From what little we can see, it looks like the standard logo.
deadderek wrote: January 18th, 2021, 1:56 pm 1. Anyone have a link to a high rez version of the new pic?
The pics on the Empire website are pretty high-res.
robbritton liked this

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack? I[…]