35 years since the show premiered, The Real Ghostbusters continues to hold a loyal following of fans, and even with the cartoon having received a few different DVD releases over the years, the desire for an online stream remains strong with the fan community.

And it seems that Sony has been keeping an ear to the grapevine, as an upload of the show's intro sequence was posted to the Official Ghostbusters Youtube Account along with the announcement that whole classic episodes will be uploaded to the channel "each week".

The first episode is set to air on Saturday 6th of February.
Lol. This f****g company. I swear.

“Let’s release the one show available to everyone already thru dvds & streaming, but on YouTube”. I mean cool. Everyone can now watch RGB for free. Cool. But then I think...

EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS IS A THING SONY. IT EXISTS. IT HAS FANS. IT’S 2021!! 40 EPISODES! NO DVD RELEASE, NO ITUNES, NO NETFLIX, NO NOTHING! 2021!!

I mean come on, please. You’ve got the episodes digitized. All it’ll take it’s a couple of clicks. A couple. Heck, ask me and I’ll do it for free.

Sony. Come on. If you are going to do RGB, please. Don’t forget about EGB.
deadderek liked this
VenomSymbiote wrote: January 29th, 2021, 1:02 am RGB toys being rereleased, episodes going up on the official YouTube channel. Can we get a new game made? Pleeeease?
They could re-purpose the New York City map from Spider-man to save on some costs.

Could see AAA game development going that way, with multiple games using the same open world assets as a base.
VenomSymbiote liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2021, 2:04 am “Let’s release the one show available to everyone already thru dvds & streaming, but on YouTube”. I mean cool. Everyone can now watch RGB for free. Cool. But then I think...

EXTREME GHOSTBUSTERS IS A THING SONY. IT EXISTS. IT HAS FANS. IT’S 2021!! 40 EPISODES! NO DVD RELEASE, NO ITUNES, NO NETFLIX, NO NOTHING! 2021!!
They're going in order?

Yes, it's been frustrating but let's be a little stoked RGB is being acknowledged on the official Ghostbusters YouTube channel and free.

That's not true. There's been a partial Region 2 DVD release. But for the U.S., they've had EGB on Comcast-On-Demand and on Crackle. It's on Hulu. Even for Canadians, it's on CTV's site.

And heck, 2022 will be the 25th anniversary. Corporations love anniversaries. I'm hopeful again.
Coover5 liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: January 29th, 2021, 3:29 am
VenomSymbiote wrote: January 29th, 2021, 1:02 am RGB toys being rereleased, episodes going up on the official YouTube channel. Can we get a new game made? Pleeeease?
They could re-purpose the New York City map from Spider-man to save on some costs.

Could see AAA game development going that way, with multiple games using the same open world assets as a base.
They could even repurpose the whole Spidey gadget thing for new ghost busting tools Egon is working on. As long as you can go into some spook houses, factories, warehouses, etc and bust some heads. Even if it's unlikely it'd be one of those dream games from my childhood for RGB. You'd have to get the writers from the first few season on and anyone else who helped make it so great.
mrmichaelt wrote: January 29th, 2021, 4:09 am
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2021, 2:04 am “Let’s release the one show available to everyone already thru dvds & streaming, but on YouTube”. I mean cool. Everyone can now watch RGB for free. Cool. But then I think...

They're going in order?

Yes, it's been frustrating but let's be a little stoked RGB is being acknowledged on the official Ghostbusters YouTube channel and free.

That's not true. There's been a partial Region 2 DVD release. But for the U.S., they've had EGB on Comcast-On-Demand and on Crackle. It's on Hulu. Even for Canadians, it's on CTV's site.

And heck, 2022 will be the 25th anniversary. Corporations love anniversaries. I'm hopeful again.
A partial region 2 DVD release? Well let’s just give Sony a round of applause for that lol

Also, the show is straight up unwatchable on the CTV app. The lip sync is off on some episodes, it seems they upscaled an SD show into HD and so the animation looks jankier than normal. It’s weird. I’ve contacted them about it(CTV) and they could care less. It also has commercials. Lots and lots of commercials. It’s an awful app.

Again, let me BUY the series. On iTunes! on YouTube! Somewhere! It’s insulting the shows that have had numerous DVD releases & even blu ray releases & yet Sony just could care less about EGB. To the point where, again, it would cost them NOTHING to release the show on iTunes or YouTube. Not a dime lol.

And as I said before, it’s cool that they are doing this for RGB. Did I read that they are doing one episode per week? So I guess it will take them another, what? 2-3 years to release EGB *if* they keep going.

Let me be frank: Sony doesn’t deserve a shred of respect or kudos from this fanbase on how they’ve mismanaged & screwed up or just haven’t given a shit. Sony is maybe the single worst brand management studio in Hollywood.
Kingpin, deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2021, 1:30 pm Let me be frank: Sony doesn’t deserve a shred of respect or kudos from this fanbase on how they’ve mismanaged & screwed up or just haven’t given a shit. Sony is maybe the single worst brand management studio in Hollywood.
A mule and a spinning wheel come to mind.
kind2311 liked this
RichardLess wrote: January 29th, 2021, 1:30 pm Again, let me BUY the series. On iTunes! on YouTube! Somewhere! It’s insulting the shows that have had numerous DVD releases & even blu ray releases & yet Sony just could care less about EGB. To the point where, again, it would cost them NOTHING to release the show on iTunes or YouTube. Not a dime lol.
I don't disagree with you, it's sad. And it's even sadder the only real thing fans can do is constantly barrage Sony and Ghost Corps on their social media demanding EGB and stream the hell out of it on Hulu. And I guess now, whenever they post an RGB episode - people can comment they want EGB. I would take an MOD Blu-ray at this point from one of Sony's affiliates, like Mill Creek or Warner Archive. EGB was one of the things I did talk to Eric Reich about 2 years ago so he definitely knows about it and he and others have seen the anger online.
So this starts in around 2 hours - I wonder if they will leave them up for a week, I can't imagine it being a one-off live broadcast...

My recollection from the UK is the series was broadcast out of order - it was neither Ghosts'R'Us or Knock, Knock... but the first episode broadcast on UK Children's TV was Slimer, Come Home... I did some internet research and in pinning down specific broadcast dates I found Ghosts R Us was broadcast first on 15 Feb 1988.

Edit: However I've since found evidence the first episode WAS Slimer, Come Home - broadcast on Jan 11th 1988 - the internet is wrong.

Look at archived listings from that year this is the best I can do:

Mon 11th Jan 1988 - Slimer, Come Home
Mon 15th Feb 1988 - Ghost R Us
Mon 22nd Feb 1988 - Mrs Roger's Neighbourhood
Mon 5th Sept 1988 - Bird of Kildarby
Mon 24th Oct 1988 - The Long, Long Goodbye
Mon 7th Nov 1988 - Lights, Camera, Haunting
Mon 19th Dec 1988 - Rollerghoster

It was also picked up and broadcast on Saturday mornings during Motormouth at some point in 1988.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on June 2nd, 2021, 6:16 am, edited 5 times in total.
For those who didn't watch live, there were about 1,000 people viewing the broadcast and active chat throughout.
Just checking back now and the video already has nearly 5,000 views less than an hour after broadcast.
That's gotta be a win, right?

It was fun - will definitely tune in for the EGB episodes and however long this runs. :boogieman:
deadderek, Kingpin, Glenn Frederick and 1 others liked this
The pilot ep has 126k views,
ep2 has 22k views.

Will be interesting to track them over the course of the series.

I've decided to review and grade each RGB episode as they're broadcast against various criteria: tone, lore, animation, dialogue, how it holds up as an adult vs when I was a kid.
I know fans have already written extensive guides, so this will mainly be a personal reference for me to select the best episodes for future re-watch for my tastes, but I may put the reviews online in some form as I don't have the chops for podcasting - possibly a thread here. :whatever:
Kingpin liked this
I'm a little worried they haven't uploaded next week's episode yet and ep4 of EGB is the last vid uploaded. Hopefully a blip and they continue regularly.

I'm not sure if double eps, or curating a selection of the best eps might help. The sci-fi & comic book community at large seem averse to giving the wider GB franchise any goodwill. AV Club tweeted out that the re-runs were for 'sad adults'. I mean... I could say the same thing about Wandavision.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on March 6th, 2021, 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: March 6th, 2021, 7:34 am If they do release a new DVD or Blu ray set, it would be great if they took out the multiple ad-break tags from the Time Life release. These YT broadcast episodes don't feature them and it's a big improvement.

And while I'm daydreaming, throw in the OST too.
Agreed on both counts.

The bumpers should've been a special feature, not part of the main presentation itself. We never had them in the UK, and them being in every episode (especially before the title card) spoils the flow.
Charlesworth Dynamics Trap Build

Hi All, The Trap is coming on, I've nearly finish[…]

I found a cool tube at Ollies discount outlet, and[…]

Finally got my copy today - It's not the worst I'v[…]

I don't remember exactly, But I think I've had pr[…]