Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Alphagaia wrote: February 4th, 2021, 1:56 am I have no doubt they will feature in the movie, but I'd like some confirmation we get some actual scary looking ghosts as well.
There is a Terror Dog and some orange well of trapped souls or something seen in the trailer.

I'm curious if this will be the first GB movie without something gigantic walking around at the end.
i would imagine that there would be more then the three ghosts wev'e seen. If Afterlife is really a one shot thing the well of souls or whatever it is could bring RGB entitities through.Something similar to the containment unit exploding. It's an opportunity to bridge everything. It's also a moment that could give clues to a sequel or something that could lead to spin offs if they don't capture all the escaped ghosts.
An army of ghosts is the only thing I liked in ATC. It amps up the danger and it calls for more than four GBs to take care of it.

Imagine the OGB battling the villain, the kids with Grooberson storming the city in search of something vital to defeat Gozer (?), Sheriff Domingo, Dana and Janine at the Spengler farm to stop Muncher and then everyone reunites for the big battle.
droidguy1119 wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 6:15 pm
pizzarat wrote: February 3rd, 2021, 12:14 pm

This is exactly why I won't be playing that roulette. I'll be using that money to get that cool ghost trap incense burner.
For the record, I don't mind. I think the overall item looks great and the "burnt to hell" look is technically how it looks in all the promo pictures.

My Funko firehouse with Erin and Winston standing in front and Slimer on top is on the other side of Dawn of the Dead 4K. You can also see the top of my OOP 4K Steelbook set I got at Fan Fest (without the slime slipcover, which sadly is drying out).
That's a shame. Mine still seems okay. I really wish I was entrenched on this forum before I went to Fan Fest. I met a few people I knew through the GB sub-Reddit, but there's definitely some users on here I wish I got to meet in-person. I made friends with someone while standing in line for the brunch that I still talk to on Facebook.
timeware wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:17 am i would imagine that there would be more then the three ghosts wev'e seen. If Afterlife is really a one shot thing the well of souls or whatever it is could bring RGB entitities through.Something similar to the containment unit exploding. It's an opportunity to bridge everything. It's also a moment that could give clues to a sequel or something that could lead to spin offs if they don't capture all the escaped ghosts.
This apparition from the Universal Studios experience will supposedly be in the new film.
This Post Contains Spoilers
pizzarat wrote: February 4th, 2021, 11:46 am
timeware wrote: February 4th, 2021, 7:17 am i would imagine that there would be more then the three ghosts wev'e seen. If Afterlife is really a one shot thing the well of souls or whatever it is could bring RGB entitities through.Something similar to the containment unit exploding. It's an opportunity to bridge everything. It's also a moment that could give clues to a sequel or something that could lead to spin offs if they don't capture all the escaped ghosts.
This apparition from the Universal Studios experience will supposedly be in the new film.
This Post Contains Spoilers
You can tell we're all out of things to talk about when we're repeating old news again.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 4th, 2021, 9:32 pm
deadderek wrote: You can tell we're all out of things to talk about when we're repeating old news again.
I thought pizza was adding to the scary ghosts/new ghosts discussion. We neglected to mention that particular one.
The ghost from Universal has been brought up multiple times before.
Davideverona wrote: February 4th, 2021, 10:30 pm Just received my Empire copy.
Nothing really new but I liked the following bits:

- Jason is focusing on both the horror and the comedy aspects of the movie.

- Ivan gave his seal of approval to the slime consistency
Awesome to hear!
Last edited by Kingpin on February 5th, 2021, 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Combined posts
deadderek wrote: February 4th, 2021, 10:43 pm The ghost from Universal has been brought up multiple times before.
No, I know that. I mean in the current talk, where Alpha said he hopes there are straight up scary ghosts because Muncher and the Mini Pufts are scary cute. I said there's the Terror Dog and the well of souls. Then Alpha relied to clarify new designs. And pizzarat brought up this donkey ghost from the Universal set because no one did yet as an example of a new scary ghost in the movie AND was not saying this is new news.
mrmichaelt wrote: February 4th, 2021, 11:21 pm
deadderek wrote: February 4th, 2021, 10:43 pm The ghost from Universal has been brought up multiple times before.
No, I know that. I mean in the current talk, where Alpha said he hopes there are straight up scary ghosts because Muncher and the Mini Pufts are scary cute. I said there's the Terror Dog and the well of souls. Then Alpha relied to clarify new designs. And pizzarat brought up this donkey ghost from the Universal set because no one did yet as an example of a new scary ghost in the movie AND was not saying this is new news.
Ah okay fair enough.

Last edited by Kingpin on February 5th, 2021, 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Combined posts
mrmichaelt wrote: February 4th, 2021, 5:06 am True, it is a good question. Did Jason go for the plethora of new entities like in GB2 and ATC or did he decide to pull back and do only a few? Like will there be a montage of Summerville being overwhelmed with scary ghosts? Hmm.
As already said, at least one Terror Dog is making a appearance, so I think there will be some more ghosts. Muncher must have pals after all. I'm sure like Paul Feig, Jason had a ton of ghost ideas and some probably will be littered in a montage like every movie so far. It's a tradition.
Mini puffs are probably going to be like that scene in army of darkness with all the mini ashes running around causing chaos... lots of slapstick and stuff like that.
It would be great if it starts out like the TMNT 2007 scene and Black Betty start's playing from a juke box, or the roof is on fire as the little pufts start playing with matches. Is anyone expecting any special promotions from the cereal? Like the holograms they had on the old boxes or limited edition offers? Balloons for the kids?
timeware wrote: February 5th, 2021, 9:24 am It would be great if it starts out like the TMNT 2007 scene and Black Betty start's playing from a juke box, or the roof is on fire as the little pufts start playing with matches. Is anyone expecting any special promotions from the cereal? Like the holograms they had on the old boxes or limited edition offers? Balloons for the kids?
Personally I'm hoping for Ballroom Blitz if a scene like that plays out. :)

Ghostbusters 5: chiropractors for hire. Walk in's […]

Goggle LED positions.

Hi @busybuildr do you have blueprints (or simila[…]

I built my Lifegard 2

thanks for your compliments BRD

New version of the Spirit PKE

So, is the fact that the lights and sounds cut out[…]