Please post up details about your transactions. Please put the name of the seller or buyer in the topic title! Only CIVIL feedback and discussions will be allowed.
Forum rules: Please provide clear and accurate feedback for a seller. Search for forum to make sure there isn't already a topic about a seller, if there is post in that thread. When posting please be careful as you will not be able to edit your post later.
Unfortunately I didn’t come across this thread before ordering a completed pack in August. It was listed for sale on his site, in bold, as a 4-8 week build. After 5 months patiently waiting with terrible communications I gave him a Christmas delivery ultimatum that he agreed to, telling me he’d soon provide shipping info. Of course he didn’t and never shipped anything. Afterward, with buyer protections expiring, I demanded a refund that he denied and I was forced to dispute for non-delivery. Luckily, PayPal got me my money back as he refused.

I don’t know if he had any intention to build or deliver the pack. But he took my money, strung me along for half the year, communicated miserably, made promises he didn’t keep, didn’t deliver anything... and then tried to keep the money.

I implore you - DO NOT do business with this seller.
I'm sorry you went through that. I'm curious to know how bad someone needs to be as a seller before they're placed on the banned list here. The only person who seems to have had a positive transaction with this guy was the person who was going to give him some press via his YouTube channel.
BigDaddy liked this
So, a little info I found about "Gregors", the 9nly person to give him a glowing review. When he posted here he said he was just a fan, new to the hobby. If you follow his review link you'll see his name is Greg Burke. The funny thing is that is you go to KnowonesDesign's Linktree https://linktr.ee/knowones_designs you'll see that their twitter link takes you straight to Greg Burke's twitter account. This loser had his buddy (business partner?) post a shill review for him. Idiot....
Wedgeismyhero liked this
CT1983 wrote: January 11th, 2021, 10:33 am Unfortunately I didn’t come across this thread before ordering a completed pack in August. It was listed for sale on his site, in bold, as a 4-8 week build. After 5 months patiently waiting with terrible communications I gave him a Christmas delivery ultimatum that he agreed to, telling me he’d soon provide shipping info. Of course he didn’t and never shipped anything. Afterward, with buyer protections expiring, I demanded a refund that he denied and I was forced to dispute for non-delivery. Luckily, PayPal got me my money back as he refused.

I don’t know if he had any intention to build or deliver the pack. But he took my money, strung me along for half the year, communicated miserably, made promises he didn’t keep, didn’t deliver anything... and then tried to keep the money.

I implore you - DO NOT do business with this seller.

I was wondering if you have received yours yet? I'm going through the same thing, I placed an order in September 2020 and I have not received a delivery yet. It takes a week or two from him to respond and there's always an excuse. Does anyone know his business address/po box and/or phone number? I'm working on filing a small claims court.
I've no idea how old this listing is, but I found this address on Bizstanding:

KNOWONE'S DESIGNS
1527 E Colter St #4, Phoenix, AZ
(appears to be an apartment from looking at Google Street View).

Another potential address that came up was this:
1912 E Glenrosa Ave Phoenix, AZ 85016

Not sure if this is the right Garrick Backer, but you could create a profile and thus unlock the details to see if this is the correct individual: Link
I got ripped off as well...for an entire proton pack! He kept giving me excuse after excuse (faulty electronics, warped shell, covid, etc etc) and I was patient with him. He kept in contact by email so I figured it was all good, though at times I did have to send several emails before getting a reply. Last I heard from him was that it was 'shipping soon'...that was in early Feb. I have sent 3 emails since then and have heard absolutely nothing back. I have given up and now have to start all over again, Ebay cant do much because too much time has passed since I ordered it in Jan 2020, and not sure if PayPal can do much either. AVOID this person at all costs! Sometimes its stupid to be a trusting, patient Canadian.
Try Pay Pal and EBAY anyway. They might be able to do something. Anything is better then nothing. I told the local member who got ripped off by him as well to try to file a dispute with his CC even if there was so much time already gone. Most times they can do something and with the pandemic causing so many issues it's likely they'll extend those pleasantries. Shaming him on public boards doesn't do anything because he'll create a new profile, Have to hit them in the pocketbook.
@Balakay - No, I never got the pack but I closed that door myself with a PayPal dispute between month 5 and 6. I did get my money back because it was a straightforward non-delivery dispute. But these recent accounts eerily match my experience.

Honest to god I don’t know why he isn’t banned already. On these forums, we’ve got multi-buyer fraud complaints for thousands taken on undelivered packs, a user claiming they’re tracking him down in AZ for claims court, another claiming intent to sue him in a dueling thread, and prior accusals of recasting. And that’s just the recent stuff. This has grown way beyond shoddy workmanship and missed deadlines. Ban him.
After doing a bit more digging, including on Facebook, I was able to confirm his current address as 1912 E Glenrosa Ave Phoenix, AZ 85016.

It appears he's taken down his shop listing from his website, so at the very least it doesn't seem he can take in any more orders that he has no plans to reimburse, though that doesn't help those who are currently out of pocket.
So I was waiting on some resin parts from him forever. I managed to get a hold of him using FB messenger. I sent him a message to his KnowOnesDesign FB page, after a generic auto-reply, I mentioned the order number and he finally replied. This was back in October, so some time has passed, but I too had been waiting forever.

Hopefully this can lead to some resolve.

Good Luck, Regards, And all that Jazz
BigDaddy wrote: January 14th, 2021, 11:40 pm So, a little info I found about "Gregors", the 9nly person to give him a glowing review. When he posted here he said he was just a fan, new to the hobby. If you follow his review link you'll see his name is Greg Burke. The funny thing is that is you go to KnowonesDesign's Linktree https://linktr.ee/knowones_designs you'll see that their twitter link takes you straight to Greg Burke's twitter account. This loser had his buddy (business partner?) post a shill review for him. Idiot....
I'm sorry you feel that way. I don't know Garrick personally. Me ordering the pack, and the interview were the only times I've actually spoke with him. Like many custom creative commissions, user experience may vary.
Christof liked this
I received a response 3 weeks ago stating that my pack would be shipped out in 1-2 weeks...again I received this response 3 weeks ago with still nothing. So I've reached out again as to an update on my estimated completion date. I'm sure it'll be another "1-2 weeks". I placed this order on June 23rd, 2020.
NotSabbat liked this
I also am waiting on some resin parts I ordered back in February of this year. And yea communication is the worst. Last thing he told me was "parts have been shipped and I will give you tracking number after I get home from work." That was on April 5, 2021. Haven't gotten it yet , message him again after a couple of days nothing. Now its April 13 no package or reply yet, keep you guys postes
Another month has come and gone with no shipment. He stated last month it would be a couple weeks due to some construction mishap.. It'll be a year next month. I highly suggest not doing any business with this individual. He took the money up front and I've heard nothing unless I reach out. He really should be on the no go list.
I got this vemo from him on april 16

So I can’t find your tracking info, but I could swear I mailed your order out. I’m refunding $50 and redoing your order. If the original arrives in the meantime let me know.

Its already may 21 and still nothing
BigDaddy wrote: June 4th, 2021, 7:09 pm I hadn't looked at this thread lately but I was advised to check it. I was told lots of new crap had gone down. Jesus Christ! This loser is still ripping people off? How can we put an end to this? He needs to be banned and blacklisted. He needs legal action taken against him. I'm sick of this fool.
I agree, why is he not banned? I've been waiting over a year now. In march I was told it'd be out in a week, April there were resin problems. I've sent to communications since then with no reply. I'm pretty much trying to cope with the fact that I was robbed and will never see a finished product.
He's buddies with Punished Props and, I believe, Adam Savage. Being friend with bigger names in the hobby seems to give him a pedigree and legitimacy that he hasn't earned or deserves. He's also been on some cosplay TV show so he fancies himself a celebrity. He just doesn't seem to give a damn since he thinks he's untouchable.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]