Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
ecto88mph wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 10:47 am Maybe... but then again they can do amazing stuff with virtual backgrounds these days too.
It was a real set, not virtual.
Kingpin liked this
ecto88mph wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 10:47 am Maybe... but then again they can do amazing stuff with virtual backgrounds these days too.
We know giant "green" screens are being used, it'll be cool if some well done virtual backgrounds are used as well.
I doubt we're seeing New York City. The only way I can see that happening is if the ghostbusters are still in business in nyc. But that doesn't seem possible since there hasn't been a ghost sighting for 30 years, Egon went into exile and Bill Murray in the leaked back stage video was wearing a old worn jumpsuit from the bunker/lab, not a cleaner new one.
Even with some other movies being pushed up I have my doubts Afterlife will be pushed up.

They want as many people to see it as possible, and November is a much safer bet for that.

In the U.S. we finally have leadership that's been very active in trying to get vaccines rolling out, and things are slowly looking better day by day.

In my homestate of MI we've been easing our restrictions as well.

This all makes it more likely November will hold.
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
If anyone wants to catch some serious Ghostbusters afterlife vibes...
There's a new show called Superman and Lois.

*spoilers for that show*
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on March 4th, 2021, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
Just a side note on the November release:

Sony technically made an announcement with the change, but there's been zero marketing informing the general audience of it's November release date. Biden administration informed the public that with the Johnson & Johnson vaccine they expect everyone in the United States to be vaccinated by the end of May (for those who want it of course). Anything could happen at this point, if they really wanted to they could make it a summer release again and start pumping out marketing by spring.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Outside of the original trailer release for the most part Ghostbusters: Afterlife has completely fallen out of the minds of the general public.

Us GB fans and movie lovers keep up to date but not the average Joe.

Most people getting vaccimes by the end of May does sound nice, but that's if everything goes well. There's all kinds of potential snags and problems that can happen.

It's a safer bet for a bigger box office to hold off just a little longer.

I highly doubt it'll get pushed up.

Also what marketing push do you expect about a release date change? Outside of trade announcements,social media, and entertainment outlets there's not much else to do.

The revised trailer didn't even specify an exact date.

If the marketing starts to ramp up we'll know Sony has faith in the release date sticking.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote:Most people getting vaccimes by the end of May does sound nice, but that's if everything goes well. There's all kinds of potential snags and problems that can happen.

It's a safer bet for a bigger box office to hold off just a little longer.

I highly doubt it'll get pushed up.

Also what marketing push do you expect about a release date change? Outside of trade announcements,social media, and entertainment outlets there's not much else to do.

The revised trailer didn't even specify an exact date.

If the marketing starts to ramp up we'll know Sony has faith in the release date sticking.
Yes, Biden's May declaration is a best case scenario situation. The kicker would likely be an official declaration of herd immunity, I think it was at least 70% of the population is vaccinated or something like that. If that happens and restrictions get eased and certain businesses being reopened, I could see movie studios rebooting marketing in July. But that's still a big if, because if people get careless again and cause another triple digit surge over the summer, everything will be set back another year. Or worse case scenario, an even worse mutation appears.

I read 2 weeks ago, the president of marketing at Disney mentioned a fresh approach to advertising Black Widow. And this May projection cuts it close with Black Widow which is set for May 7. So I can still see the movies in May to July pushing their dates back and how that works for the fall slate of movies, we'll see. Some might studios that already have a couple movies in the fall may push their movies to early 2022. Some that don't, may stick with their fall dates. If Marvel doesn't budge with Eternals on November 5 or Paramount with Mission Impossible 7 on November 19 and a bunch of movies get shifted over from the summer, there's the likelihood Afterlife gets pushed to Spring 2022. Right now April 2022 is empty aside from the Sonic the Hedgehog sequel while March is pretty much locked down with The Batman and Doctor Strange: Multiverse of Madness. But it's a tough call, stick with the date or keep it on the shelf and hope 2022 is better.
https://comicbook.com/marvel/news/black ... materials/
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
I just hope they don't close down Florida. It would be such an unnecessary dick move. I'm So close to getting to Galaxy's Edge I can taste the Ronto Wrap's. Granted I won't be able to mess with the Storm Troopers...But damn so close to finally going! If you ever see a grown man cry as the Millennium Falcon comes into view, that's going to be me.
Last edited by timeware on March 4th, 2021, 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hopefully there will be another B I G red carpet premier similar to the one that was done for Answer the Call 5 years ago.

A man can dream.

On another note, tomorrow was the 2nd release date that will have come and gone. *sigh*

Come on November...
Merchandise wise my fingers are crossed we get cool Slurpee containers/etc from 7-Eleven like Canada did in 2019 for the anniversary.

They did a Slimer green apple flavor...no reason not to see a Muncher blueberry one!
deadderek wrote: March 3rd, 2021, 12:36 am I know it's my conspiracy theory but I feel that the Firehouse set recreation done for QuickBooks was just a little too well done for a small commercial shoot.

As expected for a commercial there's next to zero behind the scenes info on it.

*adjusts tinfoil hat*
Counterpoint: commercials are actually notorious for spending absurd amounts of money, simply because they drive so much revenue. "Flo" from Progressive makes a reported $10m a year just from the ads.

It would be less routine for the makers of a commercial to be thinking about cost-cutting measures like reusing a set than for them to have out that much time and money just into an ad.
deadderek wrote: March 4th, 2021, 8:45 am Hopefully there will be another B I G red carpet premier similar to the one that was done for Answer the Call 5 years ago.
At the very least, I could see something like what the Golden Globes did this past weekend but I don't know how much of the public would be allowed access at this point.
droidguy1119 wrote: March 4th, 2021, 3:12 pm Scott Mendelson of Forbes floats Ghostbusters: Afterlife as a June 11th hypothetical in the wake of F9 moving to June 25th, although it's worth stressing that it'd be pure speculation on his part.
Maybe as a back up to the back up date if there's a severe surge after the holidays.
deadderek wrote: March 4th, 2021, 10:44 amImage
Neat, same board art/design as the Stay Puft kid's toy. Must be in the same merch line.

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]