Discuss all things Ghostbusters here, unless they would be better suited in one of the few forums below.
Alex you had me going up until you showed the "old donuts". since I do make donuts for a living, I knew those donut holes were only a day old by the texture of the donut from
absorbing the glaze.
Day 3 and those donut Holes would've been dryer looking.
4-5 years later they would've been either petrified or dissolved smelling like old beer.
deadderek liked this
Hahaha! One of my favorite comments about the video, over on Facebook, was a guy saying that he doesn't think people should celebrate someone who does something like this to themselves, and that I got what I deserved.

I swear, I thought it all looked pretty fake when I was editing it, so I'm tickled that ANY of it fools anyone. But then, of course I know the tricks; I was the one who thought of how to do them all.

The donut holes in particular were a last-minute idea. I bought them on a Sunday and filmed with them the next day. I had no idea how to convincingly duplicate the Stay-Puft decorated donut, but then I spotted the plastic jug things (I have four of them) and came up with the 'justification' line about why I had only saved the holes and not the full donuts. That then led me on a search for the one box that had sugar/chocolate stains in it. I have some pristine ones that have never been assembled or held a donut, but for this video, I was glad I also saved the used one.

And the line about "they taste like I bought them yesterday" was my tongue-in-cheek hint that the video might not be what it seemed.

I think I ate about five of them total. Three on camera, plus some in another take. I put the rest into a takeout container to shoot the scene where I eat the last one. Debbie and Zak then polished them off while I was still shooting and editing the video, LOL.

Wait, should I be concerned that your donut expertise includes what they look/smell like after five years?

Alex
I just realized, you did miss a golden opportunity to eat an old candy bar and say, "It tastes just like chicken," like Egon-as-Slimer in the RGB episode, Slimer, Is That You?:sigh:
I have no memory of that line! I'd never have thought of that one.

Alas, I don't have any old candy bars extant.

I did once upon a time have a Nestle Crunch bar from the 80s, but as shown in still photos early in this video, it basically disintegrated over time, leaked out of its wrapper, and damaged some other paper items stored in the same lunchbox.

Alex
Alex Newborn wrote: March 5th, 2021, 10:25 pm Hahaha! One of my favorite comments about the video, over on Facebook, was a guy saying that he doesn't think people should celebrate someone who does something like this to themselves, and that I got what I deserved.

I swear, I thought it all looked pretty fake when I was editing it, so I'm tickled that ANY of it fools anyone. But then, of course I know the tricks; I was the one who thought of how to do them all.

The donut holes in particular were a last-minute idea. I bought them on a Sunday and filmed with them the next day. I had no idea how to convincingly duplicate the Stay-Puft decorated donut, but then I spotted the plastic jug things (I have four of them) and came up with the 'justification' line about why I had only saved the holes and not the full donuts. That then led me on a search for the one box that had sugar/chocolate stains in it. I have some pristine ones that have never been assembled or held a donut, but for this video, I was glad I also saved the used one.

And the line about "they taste like I bought them yesterday" was my tongue-in-cheek hint that the video might not be what it seemed.

I think I ate about five of them total. Three on camera, plus some in another take. I put the rest into a takeout container to shoot the scene where I eat the last one. Debbie and Zak then polished them off while I was still shooting and editing the video, LOL.

Wait, should I be concerned that your donut expertise includes what they look/smell like after five years?

Alex
Working at a donut shop has its advantages and disadvantages. Being able to bring home as many donuts as you want during closing time for yourself and friends leaves for some bags to be found in some interesting places at home. One bag I found was accidentally put in a cupboard with canned supplies that I know wasn't touched for years. It seems that air will completely dry them out while being airtight will ferment them (Dough has the same ingredients as Beer).

The sad thing Is I could replicate the Ghostbusters Donuts from Krispy Kreme but after 10 years I don't enjoy eating donuts as much. When a friend brought me some of the Ghostbusters donuts I noticed that Stay Puft's head looked to be in the shape of a Pumpkin, utilizing the stem as a placement for his hat and the curvature of the bottom for his mouth and cheeks.
Glenn Frederick wrote: March 9th, 2021, 6:10 am The sad thing Is I could replicate the Ghostbusters Donuts from Krispy Kreme but after 10 years I don't enjoy eating donuts as much. When a friend brought me some of the Ghostbusters donuts I noticed that Stay Puft's head looked to be in the shape of a Pumpkin, utilizing the stem as a placement for his hat and the curvature of the bottom for his mouth and cheeks.
So you're saying they pulled a Carvel Fudgie the Whale/Santa cake mold recycle on us?

In other news...

Alex
Kingpin liked this

As far as I'm aware no one has done anything to in[…]

“Don’t use no double negatives” […]

Actually wondering the same thing. The yellow hose[…]

I would just watch them in airing order. The orde[…]