Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Coover5 wrote: April 14th, 2021, 8:48 am Oh I love "Not Unweird Al" Yankovic!

Do you guys think he might release a parody song when the movie comes out?

It wouldn't be inaccurate to assume that I couldn't exactly not say that it is or isn't almost partially incorrect to say that he will or won't.
Last edited by Alphagaia on April 14th, 2021, 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
You guys love going off topic like crazy.

Jason confirmed to a fan Afterlife is still on for November theatrical release.

Alphagaia, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote:On Crossrip's 300th, Eric Reich confirmed the Mini-Puft's reveal is a film clip. Around 18 min. in.
At 18 mins?! That is shockingly fast. At the same time this worrying and comforting since that means they won't be rehashing the plot of the original film with KIDS! Its also a curveball. Makes you wonder when will the terror dog shows up since Rudd wears the same outfit in that shot from the trailer.
mrmichaelt wrote: April 14th, 2021, 10:32 pm On Crossrip's 300th episode, around 18 min. in, Eric Reich confirmed the Mini-Puft's reveal is a film clip.
It's beyond obvious it's a film clip, not sure why anyone thought different.
Sav C, Kingpin liked this
Well, the image ratio was weird, and the way it was shot did look very much like product placement: the movie, so I can understand some people finding it odd.

But eh, they are at a mall. There supposed to be products there. It's what helps pay for the movie. And what they chose was meta in regards to Paul Rudd. It's still product placement, but at least it makes sense and they managed to get a few jokes out of it.
Blue velvet, indeed.

On top of this, this clip had to come out. It helps market the movie, show it's more then just drama, promote the icecream and help launch the mini Puft merch that comes out right after. All that stuff has been set in motion. In the original plan I have no doubt we would have already seen a second trailer before this would air, so people have a better sense of what the movie is. For a lot of people this really came out of left field without any buildup and understanding what they were watching.
Last edited by Alphagaia on April 15th, 2021, 12:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wafflerobot liked this
I never doubted it was a film clip but I understood some of the confusion. It reminds me of this classic coke commercial. I could see taking movie footage and sandwiching it between the Baskin Robins selection and an end with Paul Rudd (and maybe a mini puft) settling in on the couch with a big bowl of ice cream ready to watch GB84 or GBA.

Wafflerobot liked this
So the aspect ratio? That's what made a couple people out there think it was a commercial?

No way could a reasonable person conclude that after watching it.

Must be the same people who refer to it as a trailer.

The hell.

I guess November really will stick, so the push-up predictions are already false. It was worth a shot for May, August, and September being push-up months. But it does at least reinforce that it will be theatrical (since global conditions are likely to get better by November 11th), which does give me SOME amount of hope since it seems likely that Mitchells could fail (I've personally been worried it'll turn out like Square Enix' Balan Wonderworld) since it's a Netflix movie and big bucks NEVER come from streaming as demonstrated with past posts. Especially the one mocking those demanding a streaming release for Afterlife as apposed to theatrical. No idea if it feels ranty but hey, I've seen worse rant subjects :P
RedSpecial liked this
deadderek wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:34 am So the aspect ratio? That's what made a couple people out there think it was a commercial?

It's not unreasonable to wonder when there's not a lot of context or information.

Americans are used to seeing full blown product tie-in ads that are shot extremely well. Parts of the clip felt like it could have been an elaborate crossover commercial run during the Super Bowl.

By the time the whole clip is done, it's clear that smash cuts were used to bridge other moments, so it is something from the film. But it wouldn't be the first time footage shot for a film was wasn't in the theatrical release. The tire from the Twister trailer comes to mind .
Wafflerobot, Alphagaia liked this
deadderek wrote: April 15th, 2021, 5:34 am So the aspect ratio? That's what made a couple people out there think it was a commercial?

Must be the same people who refer to it as a trailer.

The hell.
Maybe this aspect ratio is better?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjQ_bRKf0XM
Sav C, deadderek liked this

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]

Yeah, we've been building this thing for ten[…]

Someone on FB found it. NARDA ELECTROMAGNETIC RADI[…]

It appears that some time today someone who […]