Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
By troy_225
So I've seen online that the GB cereal is starting to show up in stores. Anyone know what stores? Also interested in GB twinkies if there out too. Also is Ecto Cooler making a comeback this year again?
By groschopf
The Hy-Vee in Oakdale, Minnesota had some as of Sunday.
Can't speak to their current inventory. One of their PDQ displays was pretty picked over.
By groschopf
Alphagaia wrote: April 15th, 2021, 12:54 am Regarding all these food related poisons, I'm scared the American Ghostbusters are a dying breed.
/s
Honestly, these are so much less sugary than the original cereal. I think these are just dyed Kix with some marshmallows here and there.
SpaceBallz liked this
By timeware
Havent even found it on my side of the country yet. Iv'e seen shelf space with the Ghostbusters tag on it, but nothing. Hope this isnt a one time shipment. i'm not paying 40 a box on amazon. :sigh:
By deadderek
timeware wrote: May 5th, 2021, 5:53 pm Havent even found it on my side of the country yet. Iv'e seen shelf space with the Ghostbusters tag on it, but nothing. Hope this isnt a one time shipment. i'm not paying 40 a box on amazon. :sigh:
You find any yet?
By Ectojeff88
Really seems like it came and went like a puff of smoke. The spot at my local store that had it in the first week has now had the tag removed and no boxes anywhere.

Walmart still has the listing for the family size up but no availability and no shipping.

Did Sony put a halt on sending more shipments to stores to hold it back just a little longer?
By timeware
deadderek wrote: May 10th, 2021, 2:37 am
timeware wrote: May 5th, 2021, 5:53 pm Havent even found it on my side of the country yet. Iv'e seen shelf space with the Ghostbusters tag on it, but nothing. Hope this isnt a one time shipment. i'm not paying 40 a box on amazon. :sigh:
You find any yet?
Not at all. It's like Ecto Cooler all over again. I really hope we get more shipped out.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
By Glenn Frederick
A General Mills Representative replied to a few people that "In relation to your Inquiry, the open ship date of the Ghostbusters Cereal is on May 31, 2021 and will be available nationally." So I'm not panicking about getting a box just yet.

I've been checking out all my supermarkets and nothing so far but the last place I checked had the "Space Lucky Charms" so they could've been a floor display and sold out. I have noticed that the other tie in General Mills Cereals are off of the Walmart shelves near me, One being the Madalorian and the over being Pokemon. They seem to do at least two Franchise Tie ins at the same time using the flavored corn puffs and Marshmallows so Walmart clearing their previous stock is a good indicator they are getting ready for the Ghostbusters Cereal as the Mandalorian and Pokemon Cereal has been sitting on the shelves for months.

I'm going to be patient with this cereal and not give in to the scalpers because I truly believe this cereal is going to be sitting on shelves for months and any stock that doesn't sell that still has a good expiration date will make it to stores like Big Lots.

As for the situation with Ecto Cooler, well I knew someone that operated a Business and had a Coca-Cola account and they told him "they sold no such thing" and even the Coke Representative claimed they didn't make it until I showed him a can of it. After seeing a can he admitted that Ecto Cooler wasn't something that was suppose to go Nationwide, hence the short expiration date.
deadderek liked this
By devilmanozzy
There was (as of Thursday May 6th) a whole pallet of them (10.2 oz) planted in the main walk through of the grocery side of Meijers.

The cereal boxes are very easy to damage due to being made of 100% recycled paperboard, so best advice is to go ahead and take the cereal out and with a letter opener or butter knife slit the bottom and tops glue and softly flatten for safe keeping.

The cereal itself, while not all that flavorful, is okay and not bad. The marshmallows are pretty much like the old cereal from the 80's while the pellets are a nice simple sweat, with a quiet fruity flavor (more so in the aftertaste than when eating). The only complaint is they could have went to the trouble of shaping the pellets into no-signs or at least circles. But that being said the cereal also is less hard than the 80's cereal.

Overall, it is a nice one time buy for us fans. The boxart is the main reasons, but the cereal is serviceable.
mrmichaelt liked this
By deadderek
Something people need to keep in mind is the national big rollout isn't for a couple weeks.

This isn't like the poor distribution like Ecto Cooler had.

Also as far as I can tell NONE of the Family size boxes have even come out yet. We all have to just be patient.
By Glenn Frederick
I got word yesterday that Winn-Dixie supermarkets were starting to get in the Ghostbusters Cereal, so today I stopped by the closest one from me and sure enough they had it. I was trying to find the Cereal Isle and to my shock they were sitting in the main isle displayed by the Pharmacy, at $2.49 a box I'm glad I waited and got two boxes for a little over $5.

What I didn't realize until after I made it home, was that my Last Box of Ghostbusters themed cereal (Ralston) in the early 90's was from a Winn-Dixie in my old neighborhood. I know it sounds silly but i'm actually very happy I bought this new cereal at the same Grocery Store (As in company, not location) that I had gotten my last box from when I was a little kid instead of a random grocer or Walmart.

Now I'm debating on when to try a box, I thought about eating some today since I actually only ate cereal on Saturday Mornings when I was a kid but I think I'll wait Monday when I'm off work to wake up early and put on RGB while I try a bowl.
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
By troy_225
devilmanozzy wrote: May 14th, 2021, 3:29 am There was (as of Thursday May 6th) a whole pallet of them (10.2 oz) planted in the main walk through of the grocery side of Meijers.

The cereal boxes are very easy to damage due to being made of 100% recycled paperboard, so best advice is to go ahead and take the cereal out and with a letter opener or butter knife slit the bottom and tops glue and softly flatten for safe keeping.

The cereal itself, while not all that flavorful, is okay and not bad. The marshmallows are pretty much like the old cereal from the 80's while the pellets are a nice simple sweat, with a quiet fruity flavor (more so in the aftertaste than when eating). The only complaint is they could have went to the trouble of shaping the pellets into no-signs or at least circles. But that being said the cereal also is less hard than the 80's cereal.

Overall, it is a nice one time buy for us fans. The boxart is the main reasons, but the cereal is serviceable.
I went to my local Meijer after reading this and found the mother load
By Michael Scott
This might be helpful:

https://www.generalmills.com/en/product-locator

Scroll down to General Mills Cereal, then go to the bottom of page 4 and select Ghostbusters cereal, and put in your zip code.

I check this frequently so I don’t waste time striking out at stores. I get no results for my area, but I’ll be in Memphis on vacation next week and it says it’s available in 11 stores there.
below_radar_00 liked this
By timeware
I have a feeling that with Walmart stocking Space Jam cereal my local stores may not be carrying Ghostbusters cereal. The marshmallow's look strangely familiar.

Proton Props UK

I've seen that too...... Maybe, I don't know? Fu[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]