Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
JonXCTrack wrote: May 14th, 2021, 9:46 am
deadderek wrote:Absolutely not, no. No spoilers on it at all. Some new artwork and interactive content. Still waiting to see what Ghost Corps says.
I remember seeing a fan website with something like that. But it sounds like you found something official. Hopefully we get to see it!
Nope, not a fan site. Still waiting to hear back.
RedSpecial wrote: May 14th, 2021, 6:40 pm Recently posted by Jason.
More than likely bares no relation to afterlife directly but cool none the less.

Direct image share since the OP posted it kinda wonky
Looking forward to making the pilgrimage one day. Honestly not a fan of their new doors though.

I was listening to my Ghostbusters soundtracks playlist and thought how nice it’ll be to add to it soon. Hopefully we get some fun new tracks with Afterlife.

How does the timing for soundtracks vs movies work nowadays? Which comes first?
deadderek, RedSpecial liked this
deadderek wrote: May 13th, 2021, 2:05 pm
JonXCTrack wrote: May 13th, 2021, 12:03 pm The Michigan Ghostbusters are saying that they have stumbled upon "interactive digital content."

https://twitter.com/MI_Ghostbusters/sta ... 3777257472
Hello there! Glad you like my teams tweets. Yeah we found something pretty neat, but we're waiting to hear back from Eric to see what he says. There's something that looks like it was half finished and then abandoned. It's an official site we found by complete accident. So we're waiting to hear back before we talk more about it.
You’re waiting to see if Eric says it’s ok? Oh come on.
If you found it on a website that’s public just say what you found. Why are you asking permission from someone you don’t know?

[moderator note: rest of post removed due to concerns of inflammatory comments]

[Richardless note: Yes my comment was totally inflammatory. But not maliciously so. I was merely trying to provoke Deadderek into changing his mind by appealing to his inner fan. If that’s inflammatory? Then inflame I did]
Last edited by RichardLess on May 14th, 2021, 9:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Michael Scott wrote: How does the timing for soundtracks vs movies work nowadays? Which comes first?
I think that's a 'it depends' answer. If the soundtrack plays a crucial role in the story like Guardians of the Galaxy movies, Gunn comes up with the playlist as he writes the script. In some cases, it is done simultaneously with the movie during filming depending on how soon the composer is hired. In other cases, not until post.

It is curious though, did Reitman and Kenan have a soundtrack in mind first or did they work on it with Rob Simonsen after he was brought in? The score for sure before Simonsen it seems because they used stems from Bernstein's for that Ecto-1 in the barn teaser. I don't recall when Simonsen was first linked to working on Afterlife but it might have been after filming ended.
RichardLess wrote: May 14th, 2021, 7:35 pm
If you found it on a website that’s public just say what you found. Why are you asking permission from someone you don’t know?
We're at a point that after the numerous Afterlife delays, that some PR firms and developers don't get the update and some things like the recent Reebok shoe are revealed too early subsequent to the current November release date for the movie. So we are at a point, where Ghost Corps/Eric Reich does contact sites with take down notices as well as social media accounts of fan groups. This app game might fall under this category and deadderek and the MI Ghostbusters group are just playing it safe.
Alphagaia, deadderek, pizzarat and 1 others liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: May 12th, 2021, 9:44 pm
RichardLess wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:59 pmI’m trying to think when Sony last made a good-great film that they grew & developed in house. The Spider-Man movies are creatively handled by Disney.
We went back and forth over this before, and I maintain it isn't really true. Marvel and Sony equally approved the director and the lead. They both discuss the story, both as a movie and as part of the larger MCU. Sony hires the writers, and the writers work under Sony to create the script, which is then approved by Marvel. Then Sony does all the hard work of actually making the movie, and by all accounts Marvel is not an active participant -- Feige has movies at Marvel to oversee. Sony then sets its own release dates (sometimes against Marvel's own wishes, like when they dropped Far From Home only a couple of months after Endgame) and markets the movie themselves. At best, Marvel participates in about 25% of the process.

As someone who always hopes that good work is recognized and appreciated, it really bugs me that Sony, a studio that made two extremely popular and successful Spider-Man movies in the 2000s (and one unfairly-maligned third entry), two admittedly misguided reboot movies in the 2000s, and three extremely popular and successful Spider-Man movies in the 2010s (at least one of which we can agree they did completely by themselves), and a critically maligned but very popular spin-off (an 81% audience score on RT) is somehow the studio that needed Marvel to save their Spider-Man track record. Even if you want to argue about how much Marvel contributed to the two Holland movies, that's three home runs in the all-Sony territory (and for my money, two solid doubles).
RichardLess wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:59 pmThe Tom Hanks Robert Langdon book series? Failed.
These may not have been critically acclaimed or particularly memorable movies, but all did 3x their budget before home video, even Inferno, so I wouldn't really call that a failure.
RichardLess wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:59 pmThey couldn’t even hang onto the James Bond movies. It’s a joke.
It doesn't sound like Sony was making very much money on the James Bond movies. It could be argued that Sony didn't even want them. EON drives a hard bargain. https://deadline.com/2015/10/daniel-cra ... 201528241/
RichardLess wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:59 pmFor some reason Sony makes these idiotic creative choices. Look at the Uncharted movie. They could’ve hired a director with proven track record. But no. They hired the guy whose best movie is the first Zombieland and every movie since has been dogshit.
To be fair, they hired a guy who just delivered them two hits, one that scored $856m versus a $100m budget (Venom) and the other which essentially achieved the 3x multiplier (Zombieland: Double Tap), which itself was a sequel to another one of his movies that was a huge hit for Sony. You don't have to like the guy to understand the business decision. I don't know if anyone expected Venom to be as big as it was; I know I didn't. I can't say I'd bet money on it, because it sounds like a fatally troubled production, but maybe they felt he could do the same for Uncharted.
RichardLess wrote: May 12th, 2021, 12:04 amYeah it’s honestly odd at how inept they are. Then again, Tom Rothman is the man who hired Tim Story to make not 1 but *2* Fantastic Four movies. Took the Alien & Predator franchises & made them a joke. Made a PG-13 Die Hard movie (and a PG-13 Alien/Predator movie). It amazes me why any company would chose him to run it.
Again, you may not think these were creatively sound decisions, but all of the movies in this comment, with the exception of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, were undeniable hits. The guy gets hired because his movies make the studios millions of dollars. Not that complicated.
Yes. We’ve had this conversation before. What’s funny is when I wrote that I thought “I wonder if Droidguy will respond with his usual ‘BUT THEY MADE SOME MONEY’ reply”. You didn’t disappoint. As for the Marvel/Kevin Feige thing...I’m fairly certain we settled this months ago with a link showing you how vital Feige was. Regardless, you can maintain it isn’t true if you want. Kevin Feige does the same thing he does on the Spider-Man movies that he does on all the other MCU movies. It’s well known at this point how involved he was. Sony does have approval, that is true. But they dance to Kevin’s tune.

Yes. If you want to make shitty movies that get terrible reviews, don’t age well and make a little bit of profit, Tom Rothman is your man! Why did the second Fantastic Four movie fail? Because the first one had poor word of mouth. That’s what happens when you make a movie people don’t like. That’s why Amazing Spider-Man 2 wasn’t the hit it was suppose to be. People didn’t really care about the first one.

Then what happens when someone like Kevin Feige takes control? You get Spider-Man Homecoming & Spider-Man Far From Home. You get franchise sustainability.

Sony is bad at managing franchises on their own. If you make good movies, people want to see the next one. Look at John Wick.

Yes Sony made 2 good Spider-Man movies almost 20 years ago. No one is taking that away from them. They also made Into the Spiderverse. A great animated film. And who did they do it with? Miller/Lord. Two guys with a proven track record. That’s who you trust your IP with! Not guys like Ruben Fleischer. I still say that movie was handled poorly from a release and marketing standpoint. I thought it should’ve been bigger. But maybe the design & style kept people away.

You have to stop looking at this at a bottom line way. Unless you are an investor in Sony? In which case...ok. That makes sense. Maybe you are. You seem to stick up for them a lot? I don’t know. All I know is quality counts. It does. There’s a direct link between positive reviews & box office. Why do you think Rottentomatoes is so important? Yes there are outliers like Transformers or Venom. But they are the exception that proves the rule. Look what happened to the Transformers franchise after people got tired of the same old thing. Then they release an actual good one with Bumblebee but people miss out because they think it’s the same old thing.

Let me put it this way. Sony is piss poor at making franchise movies people enjoy. Tom Rothman is inept when it comes to making franchise films people enjoy(the first 2 X-Men films succeeded in spite of him).
The first X-Men movie made when Tom Rothman left Fox? It just happened to be the highest grossing & best reviewed entry...by a lot.(Rothman had a rule. He didn’t want Sentinels in any of the X-Men movies, which is why the body isn’t shown in X3). Remember what happened to Deadpool under Rothman’s watch? In X-Men Origin Wolverine?Technically that movie made money too! But not as much as the Deadpool movie he refused to greenlight.

Look. Making movies is hard. You aren’t going to get it right everytime and nor should anyone be held to that high of yardstick. But Sony has consistently failed their franchises by making bad creative choices that don’t pay off in the long term health of the franchise. Yes you can say “oh but they technically made a profit after taxes on the cable & airline deals divided by Pi multiplied by the circumference of the earth”(a little *cough* BIG *cough* exaggeration. The kids love it).
So again, of the franchises they’ve managed themselves, Men in Black: failed. Charlie’s Angels: Failed. Ghostbusters: failed, Robert Langdon: Failed. Dragon Tatoo Series: Failed. That’s a lot of failure for a studio that doesn’t have the major IP of a WB or Disney. If I’m launching my next franchise, when I don’t have major IP, getting the director of the critically reviled “Venom” shouldn’t be my choice. I don’t want a director who is a journeyman. I want someone with a vision. At least get someone like Gore Verbinski who, even if it’s a bad movie, at least it’ll be a big swing. Again, look at what Marvel has been able to do with picking filmmakers.

Sony just doesn’t have that creative sex appeal. They are the ugly duckling at the dance. Instead they should be the swan that turns into a princess after getting true loves kiss by a frog(or am I getting my fairytales mixed up?)
mrmichaelt wrote: May 14th, 2021, 7:36 pm We're at a point that after the numerous Afterlife delays, that some PR firms and developers don't get the update and some things like the recent Reebok shoe are revealed too early subsequent to the current November release date for the movie. So we are at a point, where Ghost Corps/Eric Reich does contact sites with take down notices as well as social media accounts of fan groups. This app game might fall under this category and deadderek and the MI Ghostbusters group are just playing it safe.
No one is asking anyone to post the actual thing. Just to SAY what the actual thing is. You cant get a take down notice for that. Again, this isn’t something that they stole. Don’t post the actual content. For that I would 100% agree with asking permission. That’s the proper course. But just saying what it is? That’s not breaking any rules.

Again, I say, Fan Up!(trademark!) let loose! Give us the goods! All that jazz.

Ask yourself “What would a Star Wars fan do?”

Just don’t ask yourself “What would a Zack Snyder fan do?”

I’m trade marking Fan Up. I want a $1.25 everytime someone else says it.

Edit: Damn it. My Fan Up joke was considered inflammatory(seriously?) so now this post doesn’t make sense.
RichardLess wrote: May 14th, 2021, 7:35 pm
deadderek wrote: May 13th, 2021, 2:05 pm

Hello there! Glad you like my teams tweets. Yeah we found something pretty neat, but we're waiting to hear back from Eric to see what he says. There's something that looks like it was half finished and then abandoned. It's an official site we found by complete accident. So we're waiting to hear back before we talk more about it.

[moderator note: rest of post removed due to concerns of inflammatory comments]
"from someone you don't know?"

I'm sorry Richardless but before I respond further please tell me what you know about my franchise related dealings with Eric.

Make sure to cite specific posts and examples.
Last edited by deadderek on May 14th, 2021, 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf liked this
Hold that thought, deadderek.

There's not much to go on other than what deadderek and others have posted. A company was/is working on yet another app/game.

As for the current replies, Richardless, please take them to PM with droidguy and deadderek. Those topics have run their course in this discussion thread. Further posts will be deleted. And in the future, please ease a little off the gas pedal. You are coming off too intense.
The only thing I feel okay saying is what was said already. Interactive digital content. Please PM for any further questions.
mrmichaelt liked this
so let's talk more about GHOSTBUSTERS AFTERLIFE!

The trailer alone offers many new cosplay options that include "street clothes" and ghostbusting equipment. Grooberson with a trap, Trevor driving the Ecto, Logan Kim with goggles, and Phoebe with lots of options. So...

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE

How do you feel about potential for more cosplays in "street clothes?" Are you hoping this won't mean a decline in flightsuit wearings? Those who don't cosplay, are you now considering it? Personally, I always overheated in the jumpsuit so I love these options. And it reminds me of going out playing as a kid in my overalls and wearing my kenner pack. Those who cosplay but don't have friends who also cosplay do you think these more subdued outfits might win them over at least for Halloween or a Con?
Kingpin, Alphagaia liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: May 14th, 2021, 10:06 pm Hold that thought, deadderek.

There's not much to go on other than what deadderek and others have posted. A company was/is working on yet another app/game.

As for the current replies, Richardless, please take them to PM with droidguy and deadderek. Those topics have run their course in this discussion thread. Further posts will be deleted. And in the future, please ease a little off the gas pedal. You are coming off too intense.
I knew it. You’re just jealous you didn’t think of my awesome “Fan Up” trademark idea. Well you can’t have it.

In all seriousness though I think based on the response(and the “intense” thing) you & others are thinking my response to Deadderek was in anyway serious. I was merely joshing. Or “breaking balls” as they call it in the Sopranos. Deadderek if you thought I was questioning your intergirty of fandom or anything, not the case. You asking Eric permission is the honourable thing to do. My apologies if I took that too far(not the first time). I’ve got nothing but love for ya. Sorry if you were offended in anyway. I mean that.

As for my discussion with Droidguy...I don’t see the problem there. That’s just what we do. We go back & forth with one another. I didn’t think what I wrote was anything to worry about but if our long winded debates are no longer welcome here, then I guess maybe that’s my cue to pack my bags & go elsewhere. I’ve enjoyed my time here. Intense conversations are nothing new and so long as they don’t devolve into petty nonsense I don’t see the harm. If you want to point to something I said in my response to droidguy that you felt crossed the line, I’d be happy to clarify. But I have nothing but respect for Droidguy.
Rex Features liked this
RichardLess wrote: May 15th, 2021, 12:32 am Intense conversations are nothing new and so long as they don’t devolve into petty nonsense I don’t see the harm. If you want to point to something I said in my response to droidguy that you felt crossed the line, I’d be happy to clarify.
Not everyone has the same kind sense of humor as you nor can assess your intent right away. Don't assume everyone here gets it and please be more thoughtful about your posts. To some, your posts can be misinterpreted, come off as abrasive instead of humorous and get reported by other members. Use best practices and include something like a lol or a j/k, emoticons or gifs at the end of your post to convey what you are saying is just you joking around.

Both conversations were straying off topic from the intent of the thread. For instance, it is not the intent of the thread to critique the overall Rothman era of Sony.

That is the extent of it. If you disagree with my actions as moderator or if you feel you should confer with Kingpin, too, I understand and would not be offended.
Alphagaia, deadderek, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
I'm going to ill-advisedly stick my oar in a little here.

I appreciate that recently there has been some infighting about non-GBA related matters in this thread, but we're in a fallow period for news so I don't see why topics such as Sony's handling of other IP's need to be put to bed because it is tangentially relevant, so long as it doesn't get too personal or heated - which compared to a lot forums and social media, it really isn't, this place is positively polite.

I'm also going to kinda side with Richardless on the issue of public domain promotional material being shared here. I don't think it's necessary to share the content itself and totally understand checking with contacts in case it's a repeat of the Reebok mistake, but as this is marked as a SPOILERS thread, unless it is a major new detail, I don't understand how a description of what was seen hurts anybody and this is exactly the thread for it. How is it any different to the Mini Puft and RC Trap leaks? I kinda feel if the person didn't want to discuss it, why not reach out to their Sony contact privately and not mention it here? (no offence deadderek!)

GB is in a precarious situation as a franchise, obviously the studio wants tight controls over relaunching it, but it feels a little like we're veering into over-moderation or management of what fans can and can't know, or can and can't discuss - which feels a tiny bit like gatekeeping, especially when people cite their contacts.

I'm a little surprised by the moderating over the last week or two, unless there are posts that have been deleted I haven't seen. I wish everyone could just enjoy themselves now, we have a ton of new merch coming out and we're just over 6 months out from what looks to be a stellar new Ghostbusters movie - this would've been inconceivable to me 4 years ago, let alone 10yrs, 20 yrs etc. :love:

edit: removed the segway into GBNews talk as diluted the central point of the post
This thread was created BY ME for the purpose of announcing the 3rd movie.

It was NOT made as a spoiler thread. In fact the name of the thread was changed by the admins/mods....twice in fact I believe. Not by me.

Also I don't care at all whether you think I should post about something I found or not. I found something abandoned, and brought it up as a "hey I found some cool interactive content out there but lemme doublecheck before saying more."
zeta otaku liked this
Hey deadderek, not here to beef with a fellow fan... Irrespective of who started this thread and your opinion on spoilers, the title clearly states [SPOILERS] and there has been talk about leaked spoilers in the thread prior to this, so it's reasonable to expect if other spoilers are found out there in public domain, they would be discussed either in this thread or in a separate thread (depending on how major they were).

Anyway, I understand you wanting to check and not step on any toes or ruin the marketing lead-in to the movie. None of us would want that. But under the circumstances probably would've been better for you guys to keep it to yourself until you had an answer one way or another. I don't think you or michael can blame other fans for wanting to tease something out of you when you're like "Let me just hook up with my guy at the studio", but whatever, sticking my oar in was ill-advised.
Alphagaia, pizzarat, SpaceBallz and 1 others liked this
The leaks that have come out including the Murray pics, the shoes, etc have been described. I described what it is. That's enough for now.
Chicken, He Clucked, Davideverona and -1 others liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 15th, 2021, 5:23 ambut as this is marked as a SPOILERS thread, unless it is a major new detail, I don't understand how a description of what was seen hurts anybody and this is exactly the thread for it.
I doubt it's a spoiler for the film, though it may contain some. I feel it's more a case of it being a project that hasn't been officially revealed yet.

In the past we may not've given a second thought to posting it, but as noted by your reference to the Reebok project, Sony is getting a bit more tight on things being revealed when they don't think they should. I personally don't understand why they've responded in the way they did with the shoes, but I'll likely never know the reasoning behind their response.

I understand Derek's hesitation however, and double-checking with Ghost Corps is probably the best step forward of the options available now.
Especially with the possibility the project he discovered might've been scrapped in the time between it first going live and him stumbling across it.

I appreciate we're starved for anything new to digest, and that removing some of the content from the discussion is frustrating... But we're on Sony's tennis court and they have the ball, it's at their leisure as to when they serve.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 15th, 2021, 5:23 amGB is in a precarious situation as a franchise, obviously the studio wants tight controls over relaunching it, but it feels a little like we're veering into over-moderation or management of what fans can and can't know, or can and can't discuss - which feels a tiny bit like gatekeeping, especially when people cite their contacts.
I understand where you're coming from, but I am wary about causing friction for/with Eric by saying "no" to their requests. We enjoy a delicate relationship between Sony and GBFans, so I'm hesitant to poke the bear when it isn't necessary to do so.
The site could've gotten into a lot of hot water when people were posting portions of confidential Columbia/Sony emails and documentation following the hack, but fortunately we didn't.

If the project Derek discovered is still on-track to be released, then we'll eventually see it.

If not? Then it's no skin off our noses.
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: May 15th, 2021, 5:23 amHow is it any different to the Mini Puft and RC Trap leaks?
The Mini-Pufts were leaked by a magazine that, if not for the pandemic, would've come out during the film's original promotion window. The R/C Trap was leaked from the on-location filming, however neither instance prompted a take-down notice from Ghost Corps.

It may be that those individual leaks on their own may not've been important enough for Ghost Corps/Sony to whisper a gentle word in someone's ear... But that with the number of leaks that have happened, they're maybe a bit more keen to try keep the lid on things, and reduce any future leakage from spreading too far.
Remember that there was the indication Sony wasn't happy that the Stay Puft mural from the location filming was leaked so early into the production, and I think they weren't keen on the Gunner Seat being seen before the trailer came out either. They most definitely weren't happy about the Murray leak, and those few who did see it were requested by Ghost Corps not to post that content.
deadderek wrote: May 15th, 2021, 5:57 am This thread was created BY ME for the purpose of announcing the 3rd movie.

It was NOT made as a spoiler thread. In fact the name of the thread was changed by the admins/mods....twice in fact I believe. Not by me.
Derek, please take a breather to calm down.
It's true that the thread wasn't originally intended as a spoiler thread, but it was decided to make it on so to avoid spoilers being posted all over the Afterlife section.
Chicken, He Clucked, deadderek and 2 others liked this
Oh Kingpin we're good I was just pointing out that while it is now a spoiler thread, that absolutely wasn't the original intention.

As Kingpin has noted, Sony/Ghost Corps/etc. have been very good to the fandom & franchises, and definitely have turned a blind eye to some things, so it's absolutely best we don't "poke the bear".

All it takes is pissing off the wrong person over there for the hammer to drop.
deadderek wrote: May 15th, 2021, 8:57 am Oh Kingpin we're good I was just pointing out that while it is now a spoiler thread, that absolutely wasn't the original intention.

As Kingpin has noted, Sony/Ghost Corps/etc. have been very good to the fandom & franchises, and definitely have turned a blind eye to some things, so it's absolutely best we don't "poke the bear".

All it takes is pissing off the wrong person over there for the hammer to drop.
Yeah I apologise for the gatekeeping comment - I appreciate it's more about not risking your relationship (and by extension the franchise, forum and wider fan community relationship) with Ghost Corp due to eager fans undermining their marketing roll-out and causing them further headaches. Hope we're good. :walterpeck:
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]