Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I had written up a whole reply to Richard but luckily I read the subsequent comments before actually hitting "post."

If it helps, I don't take offense to anything Richard says, even though I obviously disagree with him. But I definitely get it and don't take offense at all if other people find the conversation annoying.
pizzarat liked this
Good news, my friends!

They shifted the national curfew from 10 pm to 11 pm from tomorrow and if all goes well they'll lift it in June.

My region (Veneto) is going extremely well both in the contagion ratio and in the vaccination field. If everything goes this way, they'll lift every restriction by June 7th, only social distancing and mask obligation will remain.
deadderek, Sav C, Kingpin and 2 others liked this
This is why I thought November was riskier than Summer - we've seen transmission increases in colder weather, plus it doesn't take long for a variant to take hold.

We will just have to pin our hopes on the continued vaccine rollout because this UK government is totally incompetent at border control, test & trace and everything else.
Last edited by Chicken, He Clucked on May 18th, 2021, 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
I think if we get any new content from Afterlife on Ghostbusters Day it's reasonable to expect either a new poster or a new short clip like the Mini-Pufts one.

I doubt we'll get the 2nd trailer.
Davideverona liked this
deadderek wrote: May 18th, 2021, 4:49 am I think if we get any new content from Afterlife on Ghostbusters Day it's reasonable to expect either a new poster or a new short clip like the Mini-Pufts one.

I doubt we'll get the 2nd trailer.

Well..im not sure what other time theyre gonna drop the 2nd trailer then. GB day is the perfect time. ..one its in the name and secondly, june is 6 months out from november...and the last 6 months is usually when the promo hype period starts for movies so..but i wont be surprised if we dont get it either.
deadderek liked this
BatDan wrote: May 18th, 2021, 7:02 pm Well..im not sure what other time theyre gonna drop the 2nd trailer then. GB day is the perfect time. ..one its in the name and secondly, june is 6 months out from november...and the last 6 months is usually when the promo hype period starts for movies so..but i wont be surprised if we dont get it either.
Good point, it is Ghostbusters Day. Centering it around something big as the new trailer makes sense. And in addition, as you said with the time frame. One recent example is Marvel Studio's Shang-Chi. The first trailer just released on April 19 and the movie is scheduled for September 9. About 5 months. Which would be about the same time frame if Trailer #2 for Afterlife drops on Ghostbusters Day.

But to deadderek's prediction, I could see that as a possibility as well if Ghost Corps wants to play if safe with a poster, a new character clip, and perhaps more merch announcements. They could be planning to pair Trailer #2 with an upcoming release in theaters like Hotel Transylvania: Transformania on July 23.
RedSpecial, deadderek liked this
Does anyone else think the "pass the proton pack" trailer will give most of the movie away? Right now we can predict the broad strokes. The kids have to move to new town queue montage from countless movies like Karate Kid or Casper. They make new friends, Trevor discovers ecto 1, Phoebe the equipment. Exposition about the earth quakes, town history and the Ghostbusters. A ghost will get free the kids will go after it will the equipment they have found as we see in the trailer. They will get in trouble with the law. Meanwhile something will trigger the minipufts and terror dogs. Something will happen to their proton pack. I think this is when the surviving Ghostbusters will show up to save the main characters and temporarily stabilize the situation. A calm before the storm. All hell will break lose and the final act will take place in the mine.
deadderek liked this
Bison256 wrote:Does anyone else think the "pass the proton pack" trailer will give most of the movie away? Right now we can predict the broad strokes. The kids have to move to new town queue montage from countless movies like Karate Kid or Casper. They make new friends, Trevor discovers ecto 1, Phoebe the equipment. Exposition about the earth quakes, town history and the Ghostbusters. A ghost will get free the kids will go after it will the equipment they have found as we see in the trailer. They will get in trouble with the law. Meanwhile something will trigger the minipufts and terror dogs. Something will happen to their proton pack. I think this is when the surviving Ghostbusters will show up to save the main characters and temporarily stabilize the situation. A calm before the storm. All hell will break lose and the final act will take place in the mine.
Pretty much. I don't think it's a coincidence that Muncher eats metal and that the mine is full of special metals used to erect a Gozerian temple. Either Muncher is powered by those metals, or he is used to eat the temple so the ghostbusters don't have to cross the streams underground and die in the explosion/collapse of the mine.
Rewatched the trailer again for the first time in a long time. Anyone else wonder if the barn's roof collapsed from age... or was stepped on by something rather large? Reminds me of a certain someone stepping on a church.

Wouldn't it be clever if that certain someone could break apart into a bunch of tiny versions of itself or reform into one large version to trash farm buildings?

All things being equal, that roof is likely meant to signal the disrepair the estate is in. But it's fun to speculate.
Alphagaia, Davideverona liked this
groschopf wrote: May 19th, 2021, 11:42 am Rewatched the trailer again for the first time in a long time. Anyone else wonder if the barn's roof collapsed from age... or was stepped on by something rather large? Reminds me of a certain someone stepping on a church.

Wouldn't it be clever if that certain someone could break apart into a bunch of tiny versions of itself or reform into one large version to trash farm buildings?

All things being equal, that roof is likely meant to signal the disrepair the estate is in. But it's fun to speculate.
Age, that's common in real life. No one seems to take care of old barns. Take a look:https://www.google.com/search?q=collaps ... 6&bih=1295
Last edited by Bison256 on May 19th, 2021, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf liked this
Bison256 wrote: May 19th, 2021, 12:29 pm
groschopf wrote: May 19th, 2021, 11:42 am Rewatched the trailer again for the first time in a long time. Anyone else wonder if the barn's roof collapsed from age... or was stepped on by something rather large? Reminds me of a certain someone stepping on a church.

Age, that's common in real life. No one seems to take care of old barns. Take a look. No one seems to take care of old barns. https://www.google.com/search?q=collaps ... 6&bih=1295
^ This. If anything stepped on that roof, it would've gone THROUGH it... Actual safety tip: if you see a structure with a sagging roof like that, don't go in there unless you ABSOLUTELY have to... and if you do, don't touch anything remotely structural.
Sav C liked this
groschopf wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:53 pm Well, someone needs to tell Trevor.
Well, but he ABSOLUTELY have to restore the Ecto.

I was thinking, Ghostbusters Afterlife seems to continue the tradition of unusual names: Trevor and Phoebe are not common, just like Ray, Egon and Winston are not weird names but not the usual name you give to a human being.
Sav C liked this
groschopf wrote: May 19th, 2021, 11:42 amAnyone else wonder if the barn's roof collapsed from age... or was stepped on by something rather large? Reminds me of a certain someone stepping on a church.
I feel it's from age, based on how run-down the exterior of the house looks.
Coover5 liked this
What is everyone thinking about the warning signs outside the house/barn with the Revelations' quotes from Ray in the first movie?

Are they already there when the family arrives for the first time? I feel there's a potential for some classic subtle GB humor there. And if they were already there, is this some initial proof that Stantz was still working with Spengler at the new HQ/lab since his quote (actual misquote) was between him and Zeddemore when they were alone.
Iv'e been thinking about Egon's reputation in the town. If they'll treat the farm house like Whipstaff Manor from Casper where the utter mention send's the town folk running away. I can just picture Egon sitting in rocking chair armed with a proton pack as sales people drive up. then theres the possbility of Slimer just hanging around scaring people away after Egon passes.
groschopf wrote: May 19th, 2021, 1:53 pm Well, someone needs to tell Trevor.
I think most of the users of this forum would do the same if there was a 59 Cadillac M&M combination car inside.
pizzarat wrote: May 19th, 2021, 4:34 pm What is everyone thinking about the warning signs outside the house/barn with the Revelations' quotes from Ray in the first movie?

Are they already there when the family arrives for the first time? I feel there's a potential for some classic subtle GB humor there. And if they were already there, is this some initial proof that Stantz was still working with Spengler at the new HQ/lab since his quote (actual misquote) was between him and Zeddemore when they were alone.
We don't know if they'll be shown on camera, they might have been to miss lead snooping fans.
deadderek, robbritton liked this
timeware wrote: May 19th, 2021, 4:46 pm Iv'e been thinking about Egon's reputation in the town. If they'll treat the farm house like Whipstaff Manor from Casper where the utter mention send's the town folk running away. I can just picture Egon sitting in rocking chair armed with a proton pack as sales people drive up. then theres the possbility of Slimer just hanging around scaring people away after Egon passes.
I kind of see him having a similar reputation to Doc Brown in the pre-time travel 1985 in Back to the Future... a crazy old loner on the outskirts of town... I mean, the signs don't help promote a warm and welcoming residence.
Kingpin wrote: May 19th, 2021, 3:58 pm
groschopf wrote: May 19th, 2021, 11:42 amAnyone else wonder if the barn's roof collapsed from age... or was stepped on by something rather large? Reminds me of a certain someone stepping on a church.
I feel it's from age, based on how run-down the exterior of the house looks.
Agreed. Shared this link over a year ago: https://inspectapedia.com/structure/Roo ... Forces.php when there was speculation the roof collapsed because of an incident with a containment unit.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

1st official Mini Pufts shirt:

Nice but I'm not paying full price, I'll be waiting for it to go on sale.

Moderator Edit: The link is:
https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Aft ... B0934SXNGD
Kingpin, mrmichaelt, Davideverona and 1 others liked this
deadderek wrote: May 20th, 2021, 12:47 am 1st official Mini Pufts shirt:

Nice but I'm not paying full price, I'll be waiting for it to go on sale.
Where's that shirt retailing at?

I definitely want one, depending on if it ever makes it way over here.
deadderek liked this
Kingpin wrote: May 20th, 2021, 3:08 am Where's that shirt retailing at?

I definitely want one, depending on if it ever makes it way over here.
Amazon 🇺🇸, unsure on 🇬🇧.
Kingpin, Sav C liked this

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]

I love that. I actually think a better version of […]

Afterlife Ecto Goggles Build

Thank you for posting this information. This is a[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks t[…]