You just need to open up the trap and pedal. Cut the black wire on each end. Be sure to leave a generous amount on each side. Strip the wire and soldier one lead to the middle post, and the other to the little washer that has a hole in the end. The wire orientation doesn't matter as the switch just opens and closes the circuit.
drsyn71 liked this
Thanks for sharing this, such a ingenuous and simple mod! The coxial cable you've linked does not come in 10ft sadly. It comes in two 5ft pieces :( Must continue the hunt on Amazon.

Edit: looks like a mishap with Amazon, just tried reordering the same cable and this time they've sent the correct length 🙂
When you posted this yesterday, I quickly checked the link on my phone and the link worked correctly for the 10ft length. I was going to check it again today on the PC to make sure but things went sideways real fast and I didn't have time to check until just now. Looks like it's still shows 10ft. Did they send you something else or did it actually say two 5ft sections?
kahuna900 wrote: May 25th, 2021, 11:34 pm When you posted this yesterday, I quickly checked the link on my phone and the link worked correctly for the 10ft length. I was going to check it again today on the PC to make sure but things went sideways real fast and I didn't have time to check until just now. Looks like it's still shows 10ft. Did they send you something else or did it actually say two 5ft sections?
It read 10ft in the item description but Amazon ended up sending the same brand cable albiet the wrong size, and two in the package. I requested a return and bought the same cable, through the same link, and got the correct length this time 🤷‍♂️
xan_theGBFan wrote: June 17th, 2021, 5:08 pm Hey Kahuna, I'm trying to perform the power switch mod and it's giving me a headache. I believe my Rubies Ghost Trap is set up just little different than yours. Can you advise me how I should go about doing this?

Holy smokes!!!! That's a major change. I've never seen this setup in any of the traps I've opened up. I did purchase another trap when they re-released them at Walmart, but I never opened it up.

Unfortunately, with the board being used to mount both the switch and LED, I think the only way you could make it work is to find another spot to mount the board, and re-wire both the switch and the LED, taping leads into the board where appropriate.
Okay, I'm going to apologize in advance because I am a complete novice and/or idiot when it comes to this stuff. The boards are different in the newer iterations of the Ghost Trap. I had to figure this out on my own at the time with plenty of trial and error.

Sorry, no decent photos I can upload and I didn't want to pop open my ghost trap again for new photos!

You will need to relocate the board. I needed to at least. Mine is located in the lower middle section of the trap, inside between the wheels.
I de soldered the light from the board and soldered wires from the LED leads, to the positions they were in on the board itself.
For the power switch....(reference xan_theGBfan's photo https://imgur.com/a/0kYxqci) I believe I soldered a wire from the ON lead, to (1) of the board switch, and the OFF lead to the (3) of the board switch.
You may have to extend the speaker wires or replace them all together because I don't think they will reach once you relocate the board.

Like I said, this was a trial and error process for me and was also very tedious at times. Please ask me any questions so I can try and be more specific if need be. I wish I would have made a thorough post about this at the time with photo
Nerd Loft Gaming liked this
NexBM wrote: June 25th, 2021, 3:47 pm Okay, I'm going to apologize in advance because I am a complete novice and/or idiot when it comes to this stuff. The boards are different in the newer iterations of the Ghost Trap. I had to figure this out on my own at the time with plenty of trial and error.

Sorry, no decent photos I can upload and I didn't want to pop open my ghost trap again for new photos!

You will need to relocate the board. I needed to at least. Mine is located in the lower middle section of the trap, inside between the wheels.
I de soldered the light from the board and soldered wires from the LED leads, to the positions they were in on the board itself.
For the power switch....(reference xan_theGBfan's photo https://imgur.com/a/0kYxqci) I believe I soldered a wire from the ON lead, to (1) of the board switch, and the OFF lead to the (3) of the board switch.
You may have to extend the speaker wires or replace them all together because I don't think they will reach once you relocate the board.

Like I said, this was a trial and error process for me and was also very tedious at times. Please ask me any questions so I can try and be more specific if need be. I wish I would have made a thorough post about this at the time with photo
Thank you for this! I will give this a try and report how it goes 🙏
xan_theGBFan wrote: June 17th, 2021, 5:08 pm Hey Kahuna, I'm trying to perform the power switch mod and it's giving me a headache. I believe my Rubies Ghost Trap is set up just little different than yours. Can you advise me how I should go about doing this?

Here is an image of my board.
Hey im currently doing my mod and got to stage of removing this from the board... Goj g to as a noob question. Whats best way to remove this/how to connect new switch to it(do i just use wires?)
Ramsastro wrote: August 9th, 2021, 10:07 am My trap mod video is now live! I apologise in advance about my scottish accent, just turn on the captions haha.

Let me know what you all think!
Fantastic job, bud! I'm finally returning to modding my trap. Just gotta get this switch on and it'll be complete!
xan_theGBFan wrote: August 15th, 2021, 2:20 pm
Ramsastro wrote: August 9th, 2021, 10:07 am My trap mod video is now live! I apologise in advance about my scottish accent, just turn on the captions haha.

Let me know what you all think!
Fantastic job, bud! I'm finally returning to modding my trap. Just gotta get this switch on and it'll be complete!
Thanks very much bud! Did you get my reply about soldering to points 2&3 on the board for the power switch?
Nerd Loft Gaming liked this
E. Bernhard Warg wrote: August 20th, 2021, 10:09 pm Coincidentally, I’ve also been using BNC connectors. I guess great minds think alike! Or something.
Really need to get around to making an instructional video…

Ha, I noticed that after reviewing your videos... it's a great and easy alternative to use indeed. I'm looking forward to your RTV video as I'm thinking about converting a trap to fit on one of my Traxxas chassis. I never even thought about actually making the trap functional via the remote but I might have to give it a try.

drsyn71 liked this
Ramsastro wrote: August 17th, 2021, 10:13 pm
xan_theGBFan wrote: August 15th, 2021, 2:20 pm

Thanks very much bud! Did you get my reply about soldering to points 2&3 on the board for the power switch?
I did get your reply on your YT video, I appreciate it! Alas, I had to throw in the towel on this particular mod. I was getting a little frustrated with the trying to solder in that open pin hole? I ended up sticking with the stock switch, giving the trap a nice paint app, and calling it a day. I may return to it in the future, we'll see. I do have an extra trap laying around for possible future projects :)

In the end, I'm still very happy with how it turned out!Shout-out to kahuna900 for the stellar cable mod!
kahuna900 liked this
kahuna900 wrote: January 29th, 2021, 10:19 am
BlackHatMonty wrote: January 24th, 2021, 4:08 pm How did you wire things to run the trap through the coaxial cable? I would love details and pictures of that.

Is it easier than the Sean Charlesworth foster connector wiring?

Thanks!

You just need to cut the wire that joins the two and wire them to the two BNC Female RF Coaxial Adapters that you mount to the trap and the pedal.

Here's a pic of the inside of the pedal. It was too tight to get the nut on the mount to secure it, so I just used hot glue. :)

But there are two wires running from the trap to the pedal. How do you wire that to the single wire of the coax cable? Sorry I'm completely new at this and know little of electronics

Edit: Ramsastro gave me the info I needed in a comment on his video. In the pictures on Amazon, it's hard to see that there is a metal "ring" around the core of the cable. That is what you solder to.

I just ordered the parts I need and will hopefully post my results in a week or two.
gumbyx84 wrote: September 10th, 2021, 9:04 am But there are two wires running from the trap to the pedal. How do you wire that to the single wire of the coax cable? Sorry I'm completely new at this and know little of electronics

Edit: Ramsastro gave me the info I needed in a comment on his video. In the pictures on Amazon, it's hard to see that there is a metal "ring" around the core of the cable. That is what you solder to.

I just ordered the parts I need and will hopefully post my results in a week or two.

Yup, there are two leads on the coaxial adapter. Just need to connect a wire to each one. :)

drsyn71 liked this
Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]