Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I understand it’s not ideal circumstances lining up product schedules etc but I wish they were leaning into the Mini Pufts a little less.

They’re fun, look like they could be good but my reservation is… let people discover that in the movie rather than forcing it. I’m still not totally sold on the idea of turning OG Stay Puft into a gremlins / minion character by removing the neckerchief (or whatever). It maybe because I’m used to seeing the original design but the hasbro figures look off to me. Jury still out I guess.
ghoulishfright, Corey91 liked this
Overall the chat was a fun listen! Definitely bummed about there not being a new trailer as I thought the timing would have just about lined up for trailer #2, but am grateful for the new photos and tidbits of info we were given. It definitely seems like the film will have the perfect tone to coincide with the originals.

I really hope in the next month or so they turn up the heat on the marketing for this film though. The majority of the general public likely didn't know about this event today and the film has still long fallen off everyone's radar. But if IGN and some of the other film sites pump up the new pics and info, it's a start...

I want this film to be as successful as possible...not just for the brand, but also because it sounds like they genuinely made a great film and there could be a bright future ahead for GB.
Last edited by moviemaker29 on June 8th, 2021, 4:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Alphagaia liked this
Hairy Biker wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:04 pm
groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2021, 3:48 pm source: https://twitter.com/IGN/status/14023814 ... 28/photo/1

That is just a f**king awesome shot.
Funny how a night shot suddenly makes everything look properly Ghostbusters! Real shivers off this one.
Wafflerobot, groschopf, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:15 pm
groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:05 pm Lucky working at Spinners!

"Meet Celeste O'Connor, who co-stars in #Ghostbusters Afterlife as Trevor's classmate! Celeste & Finn are live with us now chatting about the film!"

O look. Coca cola is still sponsoring a GB movie.
The composition with those Coke cups reminds me of Dana’s refrigerator.
One aspect of the small town setting that I love about this film, as seen in the diner pic and the vintage Coca-Cola dispenser, is that the town is a bit of time capsule and is a logical way to keep the more dated, 80s feel. I feel like a ton of modern vehicles, architecture, LED signs, etc. as we'd see in a modern city would actually change the aesthetic of a GB film as we know them. This helps maintain the original era in a way.

I imagine the big box store scene will be one of the few that has a more modern look to it.
Alphagaia wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:15 pm
groschopf wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:05 pm Lucky working at Spinners!

"Meet Celeste O'Connor, who co-stars in #Ghostbusters Afterlife as Trevor's classmate! Celeste & Finn are live with us now chatting about the film!"

O look. Coca cola is still sponsoring a GB movie.
Did they sponsor one before?

(heh!)

Last edited by groschopf on June 8th, 2021, 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wafflerobot, Alphagaia liked this
Was just informed by my PR contact that there are also restocks, "We also have good news for collectors as the Plasma Series Ecto-1 and Plasma Series Spengler's Neutrona Wand received new inventory and can be purchased through HasbroPulse.com (Neutrona Wand) and Target.com (Ecto-1) today. " If anyone missed them the first and second time, here's another shot.
robbritton wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:14 pm
Hairy Biker wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:04 pm
That is just a f**king awesome shot.
Funny how a night shot suddenly makes everything look properly Ghostbusters! Real shivers off this one.
I just love the tone that this image exudes. It's perfect. Like a live-action Real Ghostbusters episode. Definitely my favorite still so far.
groschopf, robbritton, Wafflerobot and 2 others liked this
ghoulishfright wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:28 pm I just love the tone that this image exudes. It's perfect. Like a live-action Real Ghostbusters episode. Definitely my favorite still so far.
Absolutely. Real Hole in the Wall Gang vibes, for example.
groschopf, Wafflerobot, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: June 8th, 2021, 4:35 pm The bottles in the trees behind the Ecto-1: decoration, or some kind of science experiment?
Dig this!

"Glass bottles began circulating through Africa, Egypt, and Mesopotamia in 1600 BC. The belief that spirits could live in these bottles quickly followed. The hope was that by hanging the bottles in a tree, evil spirits would find their way into the wine bottles and become stuck."

source
tylergfoster, JWils23, ghoulishfright and 3 others liked this

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]