Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
gbraider82 wrote:It could also be that Janine has no relation at all to them and that Egon made her promise to take care of Callie if anything happened to him. Janine may be the first one to explain to the family what Egon was like.
That's probably what I am looking forward to the most - the fleshing out of Janine and Winston. Not just to satisfy my curiosity, but also because Ernie Hudson has been a great ambassador to the brand and he deserves to have a complete character.
Alphagaia wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:21 am
JonXCTrack wrote: June 9th, 2021, 8:08 am

I think Finn will start out working there, but be terrible at the job. Unsteady on the skates, spilling food and drinks left and right, forgetting orders, etc. Next door there will be a mechanic. He'll eventually land a job with the mechanic and that will be how he fixes up Ecto-1.
According to the known info he is already a tinkerer. Why wouldn't he just go to the mechanic first?
A great question. Maybe he does apply for a job there and gets shut down because he's "just a kid." Maybe Finn discovers the car afterward and it convinces the mechanic to hire him because of the novelty of working on the car.
deadderek, Alphagaia liked this
Could be. I'm just a little bit puzzled why the movie would spend time on that story thread as it doesn't seem to add much. Perhaps a theme that he wants to be a provider, but I feel working at the diner already covers that.

I don't think it advances the plot by complicating his jobs. Unlessss perhaps it's done to show he has a hard time enjoying and keeping jobs. Because he only does it for the money, even being a mechanic, a hobby he has, and in the end he becomes a GB because it's something he actually loves doing, instead of using skills he had to develope to get by. They couldn't afford a garage to fix their car, just like Coon cuts the hair herself instead of going to a hairdresser. That might work as an arc.
deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote:Could be. I'm just a little bit puzzled why the movie would spend time on that story thread as it doesn't seem to add much. Perhaps a theme that he wants to be a provider, but I feel working at the diner already covers that.

I don't think it advances the plot by complicating his jobs. Unlessss perhaps it's done to show he has a hard time enjoying and keeping jobs. Because he only does it for the money, even being a mechanic, a hobby he has, and in the end he becomes a GB because it's something he actually loves doing, instead of using skills he had to develope to get by. They couldn't afford a garage to fix their car, just like Coon cuts the hair herself instead of going to a hairdresser. That might work as an arc.
I say all of this because there's a shot of the Ecto coming out of a garage in the trailer. How does it get there?

I think it would explain how he gets the car running again. He will need parts and tools. Anything Egon had laying around is likely rusted out, so he's going to have to turn elsewhere. Also, he likely wants or needs a job to help his mom out. So working as a mechanic not only serves to get the Ecto running again, but it also serves as a means for him to earn money while doing something he is good at and enjoys.

There's also the possibility that he gets a job at Spinners because he has a crush on Lucky and figures this is a way to spend more time with her.
It's likely the application to Spinners is just the mcguffin that gets Trevor introduced to Lucky. Once their friendship/relationship is established we'll hear nothing more of it (just like how you'll apply for a job in real life and never hear back) and then he'll find something more his true calling when the family starts discovering the gear lying around the farm. I don't anticipate there being any montage of him trying and failing at the diner job.
Kingpin wrote:It's likely the application to Spinners is just the mcguffin that gets Trevor introduced to Lucky. Once their friendship/relationship is established we'll hear nothing more of it (just like how you'll apply for a job in real life and never hear back) and then he'll find something more his true calling when the family starts discovering the gear lying around the farm. I don't anticipate there being any montage of him trying and failing at the diner job.
Yeah, that's also quite possible.
I kind of want an hour and a half of nothing but food service now.
Kingpin wrote: June 10th, 2021, 12:00 pm It's likely the application to Spinners is just the mcguffin that gets Trevor introduced to Lucky.
Spinners also seems to be a little bit of their firehouse/secret clubhouse. In the passing the proton pack 'trailer' we see all the kids around a table with the map Grooberson was holding and making plans.
I say all of this because there's a shot of the Ecto coming out of a garage in the trailer. How does it get there?
I thought it was already established a while back that's the garage of the police department? When you check on Google maps it has the same kind of door. It was really long ago, so I completely understand if you missed that or that I'm misremembering right now.
robbritton wrote: June 10th, 2021, 1:03 pm I kind of want an hour and a half of nothing but food service now.
Host Busters? Ghost Bussers? "Okay, who ordered the dog?" "I have seen shifts that'll turn you white." "This job is definitely not worth eleven five an hour" The register would be called "The Gatekeeper" and the ones who open or close are the Keymasters.
JonXCTrack wrote: June 10th, 2021, 2:07 pm I don't think the garage belongs to the Sheriff's department. First, if the Ecto was impounded, it would probably be in a giant lot surrounded by a chain link fence. Second, the garage seems to be housed in an adjacent building that isn't a part of the Sheriff's department (see link below).

https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads ... ed.170897/
But wouldn't a mechanic or something have signs and stuff as well on their business?

I still think that's where they would at least park the police cars. But guess we'll find out in a few months!
Alphagaia wrote: June 10th, 2021, 2:47 pm But wouldn't a mechanic or something have signs and stuff as well on their business?
There's a good chance the prop signage may've already have been taken down, or not yet put up. I'll see if the reference library on Facebook has anything.

Edit:

Hmm, it doesn't seem to have anything... But the dressing, and the visible car does suggest a mechanic's shop:

Corey91 liked this
Alphagaia wrote: June 10th, 2021, 3:03 pm The pictures don't work yet, but the sign could also be added digital ofcourse!

I'm slowly turning around on this!
I've fixed them now. Serves me right for direct hosting.
pizzarat wrote: June 10th, 2021, 3:07 pm Michigan Ghostbusters turned me on to this link. And it's on-sale! Now just gotta get a necklace with my name customized on it. 8)

Spinner's Roller Hop shirt:
https://www.teepublic.com/baseball-tee/ ... roller-hop
That was fast!
pizzarat liked this
Kingpin wrote: June 10th, 2021, 2:57 pm
Alphagaia wrote: June 10th, 2021, 2:47 pm But wouldn't a mechanic or something have signs and stuff as well on their business?
There's a good chance the prop signage may've already have been taken down, or not yet put up. I'll see if the reference library on Facebook has anything.

Edit:

Hmm, it doesn't seem to have anything... But the dressing, and the visible car does suggest a mechanic's shop:

The inside of the garage does have a Summerville Sheriff's Association sign inside as well as a shelf of light bars. So I'm guessing it is part of the police station.
Michael Scott wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:03 pm I’m not seeing the sign or the light bars. Can you point them out?
I see the car on the left is a cop car. Perhaps it's both a garage and mechanic shop? Small town sometimes have mixed jobs. I'm thinking Dante's Peak where the mayor also owned a coffee shop. A bit of a reach, perhaps.
Alphagaia wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:34 pm
Michael Scott wrote: June 10th, 2021, 8:03 pm I’m not seeing the sign or the light bars. Can you point them out?
I see the car on the left is a cop car. Perhaps it's both a garage and mechanic shop? Small town sometimes have mixed jobs. I'm thinking Dante's Peak where the mayor also owned a coffee shop. A bit of a reach, perhaps.
Ha! This makes me think of Bob's garage in $chitt's Creek.
Not sure how it works in the states but here sometimes local business, like a mechanics will be contracted to do work on fleet vehicles like police vehicles instead of an in house mechanic.
Summerville is probably small enough that the local mechanic has the contract for the emergency services as well as the publics business.
Ha, when I floated that theory I'd totally forgotten about the period back in 2019 or early 2020 when people were using math as a factor in considering Callie's parentage. If I'd remembered that I wouldn't have suggested it. On the other hand, I do really like the idea that Janine is someone who might have had a different sort of personal relationship with Egon (perhaps after the two movies) and ends up being the person who talks to Callie and them.

Does the original Ghostbusters actually have the date in it anywhere? Were it not for Ghostbusters II, which very definitively places itself in 1989, they could've maybe gotten away with fudging a little bit.
Michael Scott wrote: June 10th, 2021, 10:11 pm The montage newspapers have dates.
This is true! I believe almost all the magazines have "October 1984" for the issue dates? The only thing missing from the motley crew of on-lookers outside the apartment building are some goof-balls in those hilarious and ubiquitious Ben Cooper plastic smock Halloween costumes.
This week has been great for GBA news, but definitely feels like the trailer needs to come before September to keep the momentum going.

Jason Reitman is a master film maker as far as I’m concerned, but I am cautious how his style will translate into a GB movie. With Aykroyd and Ramis’ input obviously minimised and the OG’s showing up for a victory lap, the comedy is likely to be stylistically very different. There is so much talent here, it’s in a safe pair of hands, but a part of me is still concerned about how the rural setting and kid gang is going to play out, Phoebe seems great and well-defined with the Egon link, but Trevor, Lucky, Podcast are unknowns at this stage and I’m a bit more nervous about them… because the whole movie will hinge on those characters. Same with the Mini Pufts - it all depends on the execution.

I guess no point concern posting, just where I’m at following all the promo reveals this week - we gotta wait and see!
deadderek liked this
July 26th is my guess for the next trailer.

So for those in the United States, a bit of exciting news:

The Stay Puft Marshmallows by Campfire are NOT a Walmart exclusive. They're going to be making their way to other retailers soon. :D
Prime 1986, pizzarat liked this

Are they just newspaper clippings or something? […]

Patch 1.8.0/DLC 5 added two more -Bitter Cold: […]

If you check the post below from reddit, one of […]

got a link? It appears that some time today[…]