There are 6 pins on the switch, 3 pins on each side. On one side, all three pins are soldered to the board, let's call this A side. On the other side only 2 pins are soldered (the two closes to the edge of the board), we'll call this B side. To activate the trap, the middle pin and the inside pin (furthest from the edge/closest to the center of the board) of the A side need to be closed. I removed the switch and soldered a jumper between these pins and added my replacement toggle switch on one of the wires from the battery. To remove the switch soldered on the board, I pried off the metal casting, and used pliers to break apart the bottom of the switch leaving just the soldered pins in place. If you add the switch to one of the battery wires, it won't drain battery while the trap is off.
Ectotainment wrote: May 31st, 2021, 10:45 am There are 6 pins on the switch, 3 pins on each side. On one side, all three pins are soldered to the board, let's call this A side. On the other side only 2 pins are soldered (the two closes to the edge of the board), we'll call this B side. To activate the trap, the middle pin and the inside pin (furthest from the edge/closest to the center of the board) of the A side need to be closed. I removed the switch and soldered a jumper between these pins and added my replacement toggle switch on one of the wires from the battery. To remove the switch soldered on the board, I pried off the metal casting, and used pliers to break apart the bottom of the switch leaving just the soldered pins in place. If you add the switch to one of the battery wires, it won't drain battery while the trap is off.

Hi, thanks for the info, just checking with a pic, is it the 2 pins circles that are the ones to connect to have an on/off?
The one I got had new, thicker gears than the original traps, both on the doors and the gear box. I could only remove them and reinstall them in the open position. The doors also have an extra tab on the rear outside edge that keeps them from coming out when the doors are closed.
Iv finally been able to gwt my toggle switch to work (im a noob at soldering. My first attempt) iv just reconnected the red LEDand when i do a test run. The front trap lights come on but not the red led. And i made sure they wer reconnected to the same points each point came from. Any suggestions?
Ramsastro wrote: July 25th, 2021, 11:49 am Iv finally been able to gwt my toggle switch to work (im a noob at soldering. My first attempt) iv just reconnected the red LEDand when i do a test run. The front trap lights come on but not the red led. And i made sure they wer reconnected to the same points each point came from. Any suggestions?
Double check the polarity of the LED - it's easy to get the legs/wires mixed up. Have a feel for the flat side on the LED itself if you can, that's the negative leg:

You can also use a test meter to confirm you've got positive to the positive etc, and could try a continuity test to make sure it's not a dry joint.
    Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]