Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
BatDan wrote: June 15th, 2021, 11:25 amFor the last 20 years he never shut up about Gb3 and now that we kinda have one coming out..he’s become like an old Jedi hermit.
Dan's probably the Tom Holland of the Ghostbusters franchise. :P
Kingpin wrote: June 15th, 2021, 11:59 am
BatDan wrote: June 15th, 2021, 11:25 amFor the last 20 years he never shut up about Gb3 and now that we kinda have one coming out..he’s become like an old Jedi hermit.
Dan's probably the Tom Holland of the Ghostbusters franchise. :P
I remember an interview in the fall of 2019 where he almost let slip the title of the movie. He caught himself at the last moment 😁
Bison256 wrote:I wonder Dan consulted with Jason and Gill on the technobable?
Very, very likely.
BatDan wrote:That would be awesome if Ray used his elemental knowledge to break down the physics of the Mine.
And one of the children asks how he said that all in one breath. :D
BatDan wrote:Speaking of which…I’m sure this has been pointed out before…but why the eff has Dan been so silent?
Hopefully it's just a matter of them sitting down and explaining to Aykroyd they want to keep things under the lid. Or busy with Crystal Head. And hopefully it's not regarding a health issue.
deadderek liked this
deadderek wrote: June 11th, 2021, 1:30 pm
Davideverona wrote: June 11th, 2021, 11:01 am

Are you guessing or are you 😉 guessing 😉
Of all the "secrets" I know about Afterlife, that's sadly not one of them. Not yet anyways. Working on it.

My guess is based on:

The August 1st listings on Amazon. There's a lot of them for that day, which to me says something will happen to put GB:Afterlife in people's minds. What else could be happening right before that?

If not GB Day, what the hell hype would these August 1st dates be waiting for?

From what I've seen Sony appears to like to drop trailers on Mondays.

So "August 1st for merch" plus "Sony likes Mondays" as well as my thought of "well a bit later in summer makes sense" = July 26th to me.

Then again with all the spread out and delayed dates for merchandise and everything else...who knows?
You mentioned it before when I brought it up, but I know that in addition to this we both agree that that would be conveniently timed with Sony's Hotel Transylvania: Transformania.
deadderek liked this
BatDan wrote: June 16th, 2021, 8:34 am
Bison256 wrote: June 15th, 2021, 3:28 pm I wonder did Dan consult with Jason and Gill on the technobable?
I do remember a small snippet saying he did an uncredited “doctoring up” of all the lore and tech aspects of the script.
I remember that too. Thank Goodness, because Ghostbusters wouldn't be the same without that Fortean, Aykroydian technobabble.
deadderek liked this
ghoulishfright wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm

I do remember a small snippet saying he did an uncredited “doctoring up” of all the lore and tech aspects of the script.
I remember that too. Thank Goodness, because Ghostbusters wouldn't be the same without that Fortean, Aykroydian technobabble.
"Phoebe, you ignorant slut".
deadderek liked this
Don't NDA me bro! I guess I see that going on a t-shirt? As for Dan's technobabble if he's using pseudo​-scientific terminology , let's hope the use of the word Flux isn't repetitive.

I never really paid attention to how often it was used while watching the older Star Trek series . They certainly like to use it on Star trek Online.
timeware wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:43 pm Don't NDA me bro! I guess I see that going on a t-shirt? As for Dan's technobabble if he's using pseudo​-scientific terminology , let's hope the use of the word Flux isn't repetitive.

I never really paid attention to how often it was used while watching the older Star Trek series . They certainly like to use it on Star trek Online.
And Doctor Who uses "reverse the polarity" too. Its the Flux of DW.
ghoulishfright wrote: June 16th, 2021, 12:08 pm

Not even JMS could write it as well.
groschopf wrote:We saw the first teaser trailer 883 days.
GIFs may not be terrible filling at this point.
And the last time we saw ANY piece of footage was back in April with the Mini-Pufts clip (two-ish months?), I hope July 23rd or sometime in August/September has that Trailer 2 so there can be more footage to obsess over.

Also in other news, Google Maps accidentally has a part of the movie's filming crew in Crossfield, Alberta. Kinda like a repeat of the Ecto-1 suddenly appearing in a similar circumstance.
https://www.google.com/maps/@51.427434, ... 312!8i6656
groschopf liked this
Yep, they certainly filmed a movie in a small town.

Their NDAs must say You're only allowed to say 'it's got the feel of the first one'
BatDan liked this
Can I just say that I'm impressed how after two years and several months, we still have no major plot spoilers? Anything that was spoiled were mostly minor and I gotta give credit to Sony for being more careful with this movie spoiler-wise than ATC. Think about it, we don't know when and where the OG's come into play, the big bad, why the Mini Pufts are alive, the exact involvement Grooberson had with the OG's in the 80's, couple other things I haven't mentioned... dang, we still don't know the canon specifics for plenty of other characters and equipment! I might be missing something but I'm still impressed with how we still have no major spoilers now. Big props to Ghost Corps and Sony! Although I don't know if it'll age well when Trailer 2 and the TV spots arrive. But hey, I'm still impressed. :cool:
Kingpin, BatDan, groschopf and 2 others liked this
I'm at fifty, fifty. I'm impressed, but i'm also a little annoyed. I don't want the whole movie spoiled but I would still like to see more merch and a trailer sooner then later. I'd be more of a happy camper if the food tie in products were made to be available to order online at reasonable prices.

My Little Pony/Ghostbusters crossover done by my d[…]

Great work identifying the RS Temperature Control […]

I read Back in Town #1. Spoilers : Hate to b[…]

I'd really like to see the new t-shirt unlocks tra[…]