By RedSpecial
I figured I'd be best starting a new thread instead of clogging up the Magnoli thread.

I have most of what I need for this with very little that I want to change but I will be looking in to getting a new Gizmo at some point in the near future.

To start off, here are some pics that I've posted on another thread showing the Magnoli suit as it arrived.

As much as i like the Magnoli Noghost patch, and I do think it's a fantastic version.
It's not quite as accurate as I'd like.

Given how accurate the suit is, I really want to do it justice by having the best Noghost patch on there that there is in terms accuracy so I decided to remove the Magnoli patch which I'll put to good use elsewhere and I've opted to replace it with the Uber accurate Todd Cook Designs Stantz patch.

I also have one of Heavy Props beautiful recreations of the GB leghose connector on the way which will be attached as soon as it arrives.

Once it's all together I'll take some pics of the full setup.
Nighty80, mike_waclo, l3w1sb159 and 5 others liked this
By RedSpecial
The leg hose connector arrived today from Heavy Props.
Just need to drill out the mounting holes, sew it onto the suit and I should be good to go once events open up again.

The casting is perfect and ticks all the boxes that I'm looking for.
I can't recommend these enough.

JWils23, legend642 liked this
By RedSpecial
The hose connector I had bought wasn't quite as accurate as i was lead to believe so I've ordered a replacement from the GBfans store.

In other news though, I managed to get a hold of a black thermal waffle weave crewneck shirt which is a nice bump up in accuracy to the costume over the usual generic black tee I'd normally wear under the flight suit.

tobycj, Glenn Frederick liked this
By JWils23
Glad to see you back at it! I love Doug’s gizmo kit, it comes out splendidly when complete!
RedSpecial liked this
By RedSpecial
For some reason I wasn't notified about your comments so I'm sorry for the late reply, guys.
I haven't had a lot of time to dedicate to this lately but Doug's kit has been an absolute dream to assemble so far.
Even for someone like me who's never soldered anything onto a board before.

Here's where I'm up to.
I'm hoping to get going with the components at the upper section of the board and the Nixies tomorrow :)

tobycj, Nighty80, JWils23 liked this
By RedSpecial
I added the components to the top of the board today and removed the nixies from my old Gizmo, which I'll probably attach tomorrow.
Lots still to do and some tweaks to make but it's getting there.

I'm a bit of a purist when it comes to these things so I won't be making use of the lighting function , as cool as it is.
It's the same reason why I don't add smoke venting to my movie style packs.
I can appreciate why someone would want to but my ever present accuracy gremlin won't allow me to :lol:

JWils23 liked this

To the surprise of no one, they're flaunting that […]

Sticking to the subject of Archer , there are two[…]

https://i.imgur.com/69ivodr.jpg It's been 381 v[…]

GBII score release info?

"A Few Friends Save Manhattan" has that […]