Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
groschopf wrote: June 23rd, 2021, 6:39 pm [frantically searches Twitter and Instagram for a spoiler with which to change the subject]

So.... do you suppose Egon is buried somewhere in Summerville?
Would he use a ghost trap for his own urn?
Maybe he was disintegrated in some kind of lab/bust mishap?
Well, we're assuming that the trap found by Pheobe and opened by Grooberson contained Muncher. But what if Muncher has always been chilling in Summerville just chewing on some old metals of the factories and mine.
What if the trapped contained Egon? Or an entity that was Egon and when the trap is opened its Egon rushing to check on the mine/ farm house/ fill in the blank.

But who trapped him? I'd say Ray...maybe Venkman, maybe thats what caused the rift. 2 of the remaining felt Egons spirit should be free but the third felt he should be protected.

I dunno, just a thought. It all remains to be seen I guess.
groschopf liked this
Sorry for the double post. But how effected do you folks think you'll be by Egon's death with in the story? Harold Ramis along with Leonard Nimoy the year later were the only celebrity deaths that really made me sad. But we've had a long time to adjust to Harold's loss, it'd take a damn good script to make me feel that sadness again.
Never knew either men personally but i'll miss their work. I suppose how they'll handle things is going to determine how much of a tear jerker After Life will be.

As long as Star Trek Online is going Nimoy will never truly be gone.

I met Stan Lee at a con a couple years before he passed and really felt bad for the guy with all that rumored elder abuse going on. Nicest guy you'll ever meet and it was just a shame people were starting rumors and taking advantage of him.
Bison256 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 4:54 am If Egon is in the trap, he rigged up some mechanism while still alive and caught himself after he passed. If only to see what it's like.
It's quite interesting for that to be the case, although I am unsure if this would require a CG Egon ghost.

Also as a sidenote, this random Reddit post claims Trailer 2 for Afterlife drops on July 26. Unsure if this means it's attached with Snake Eyes after its release, but I doubt this date's for realsies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... iler_date/
Ghostytheghost wrote: June 24th, 2021, 11:26 am
Bison256 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 4:54 am If Egon is in the trap, he rigged up some mechanism while still alive and caught himself after he passed. If only to see what it's like.
It's quite interesting for that to be the case, although I am unsure if this would require a CG Egon ghost.

Also as a sidenote, this random Reddit post claims Trailer 2 for Afterlife drops on July 26. Unsure if this means it's attached with Snake Eyes after its release, but I doubt this date's for realsies.
https://www.reddit.com/r/ghostbusters/c ... iler_date/
From their posting history, they do seem to have an contact inside sony. Time will tell.
Bison256 wrote: June 24th, 2021, 10:15 am Sorry for the double post. But how effected do you folks think you'll be by Egon's death with in the story? Harold Ramis along with Leonard Nimoy the year later were the only celebrity deaths that really made me sad. But we've had a long time to adjust to Harold's loss, it'd take a damn good script to make me feel that sadness again.

Well I think the whole purpose of the story they're trying to tell is for Egon's absence to have a big impact. It is going to be interesting to have Harold Ramis not be involved in the film but have his presence be felt in the film. It really feels like there is a lot of heart behind this movie. Addressing the absence and loss of not only a beloved character but the beloved friend and human being that portrayed him. Not to mention Jason Reitman taking up directing. I think Elmer Bernstein's son is also involved in composing the score for Afterlife. It is by all accounts a true legacy film.

I think it's safe to say that any loss addressed in this film is meant to hit right in the feels. :):):)
seekandannoy liked this
I heavily doubt Egon is in a trap.

I think they'd keep his involvement more mysterious for a couple of reasons. The franchise has always framed ghosts as either gross or antagonistic and the equipment has rules which could write them into a corner. I see his involvement as more of a benevolent spirit who will guide Phoebe from time to time, and maybe they'll work him into some flashbacks and a final appearance at the climax. They might also take The Good Place / Patrick Swayze's Ghost approach and have his spirit move on at the end of the film once he has helped the remaining OG's and family.

This is how I imagine they'll handle it anyway.
SpaceBallz wrote: June 25th, 2021, 3:38 am Oh those kids will be adults by the time they decide to make another one I'm sure.
I actually think this could be a blessing if we get a sequel. It would age them up so they could move to a city campus and that would build hype for the film in of itself eg. a move back to NYC (but could be another city). Plus having the characters in their late teens opens up a lot of personal growth and relationship story threads which would shift the tone away from "Ghostbusters Jr".
Davideverona liked this
I seem to recall the majority here was dead set against franchising out, and as for Egon being in the trap...Yeah I can see him messing with it before crossing over for one last experiment. We really know who's in that trap. It's got to be Admiral Ackbar.
Bison256 wrote: June 25th, 2021, 1:32 pm
deadderek wrote: June 25th, 2021, 12:52 pm

Podcast.
I listened to it, they only give the love interest's name.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not. His characters name is literally "Podcast."
Kingpin wrote: June 25th, 2021, 11:05 am I'd make a joke about D. B. Cooper being in it, but the question of his whereabouts has now been answered.
This Post Contains Spoilers
[by the way, if anyone wants to learn more about D.B. Cooper — because the historical figure and story are fascinating — here's a podcast on the subject]
Last edited by Kingpin on June 25th, 2021, 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
Kingpin, mrmichaelt liked this
Davideverona wrote: June 25th, 2021, 3:01 pmhttps://fb.watch/6l-4puLE0V/

I think that this is a piece of the soundtrack we're hearing
I've brought that up a couple times and no one said anything. *shrug*

Sounds like the Sabrina Netflix series music to me. I dig it though.

Hey folks...some of you should check ur GBFans inboxes. Just saying. ;)
Davideverona liked this
deadderek wrote: June 25th, 2021, 4:30 pm

Empty!
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Davideverona wrote: June 25th, 2021, 4:34 pm

Empty!
Now check.
Davideverona liked this

Also empty
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he […]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]