Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Nice! Do we think this is elsewhere in the store with Paul Rudd or have they made their way to the Hardware store? From the price tags it looks to be filmed in Walmart but they could just be making use of the location and its resources. Hmm, maybe this is what the guy with the shovel is approaching in the trailer.
Coover5 wrote: July 22nd, 2021, 2:24 pm Nice! Do we think this is elsewhere in the store with Paul Rudd or have they made their way to the Hardware store? From the price tags it looks to be filmed in Walmart but they could just be making use of the location and its resources. Hmm, maybe this is what the guy with the shovel is approaching in the trailer.
Those are not Walmart shelf tags.
I was saving this for tomorrow but I'll be on the highway and I might forget so here it is

obiwanjabroni, Davideverona, Kingpin and 4 others liked this
I remember the goodnold days when we find out that a movie was coming out only by seeing the trailers on tv some weeks before the premiere.

That's how I found out that there was a Turtles movie coming out in 1990. I was extremely excited, it was a really cool surprise to see my cartoon heroes coming to life. Now we know when they start writing, who's writing, who's being cast, when they start shooting, when they're finished, when the trailer will debut... It takes all the magic away.

Jason has done something so similar to that Turtles surprise: one day we're wondering if the franchise is dead in the water, the next day BAM!!!! A teaser trailer for a honest to God and totally unexpected GHOSTBUSTERS 3.
Coover5, Kingpin, Corey91 liked this
Those were great times. I remember seeing the ads for Extreme Ghostbusters toys and having my mind blown then going to the store the next day to buy some. I think I knew about the toys before I knew about the cartoon.

I used to love listening to commentary tracks on movies but there is so much press for movies now you know almost all the information before even seeing the film.
Ha, I only knew Ghostbusters 2 was happening because UK children’s TV presenter Tommy Boyd mentioned it in passing after an episode of RGB on Children’s ITV! Man, but it was such a thrilling moment!

I do kind of miss the not-knowingness of those days, I’m not ashamed to admit.
Oh yeah. As soon as we had the Mini Pufts clips there were people 3D printing some off...
Prime 1986 liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

The Hasbro Paranormal Plushies are on the UK Amazon!
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ghostbusters-E ... 498&sr=8-1
deadderek liked this
Davideverona wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:36 am There's a new image on the Ghostbusters official account. It's Phoebe, Trevor and Podcast in the Ecto with flightsuit....... Oh wait, that's not new.
We should have a rule that people at least name what kind of social media they are talking about, post the image and/or post a link to a possible new image.
Kingpin, Corey91 liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 1:21 am
Davideverona wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 12:36 am There's a new image on the Ghostbusters official account. It's Phoebe, Trevor and Podcast in the Ecto with flightsuit....... Oh wait, that's not new.
We should have a rule that people at least name what kind of social media they are talking about, post the image and/or post a link to a possible new image.
My bad, I was talking about the Ghostbusters official accountS. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Davideverona wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 2:39 am
Alphagaia wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 1:21 am

My bad, I was talking about the Ghostbusters official accountS. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
I don't see one on Twitter. Just noticed Stuart Reeves used a Matty trap as reference: https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 2738701312
I believe David is referring to the Ghostbusters official accounts posting a gif of the gunner chair segment of Trailer #1. Like in this tweet from Wednesday for example: https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 2592084992

Yes, it's not new. But the takeaway is the official accounts are posting more actively than usual. Now if they can start getting to new stuff like Jason's instagram from Thursday of the Mini-Pufts in the hardware store...

I am curious to see how far apart Sony is going to space its marketing between upcoming titles like for instance Afterlife and Spider-Man: No Way Home. The former is set for November. The latter is set for December and no trailer at all has come out yet.
Alphagaia liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 3:08 am I believe David is referring to the Ghostbusters official accounts posting a gif of the gunner chair segment of Trailer #1. Like in this tweet from Wednesday for example: https://twitter.com/Ghostbusters/status ... 2592084992

Yes, it's not new. But the takeaway is the official accounts are posting more actively than usual. Now if they can start getting to new stuff like Jason's instagram from Thursday of the Mini-Pufts in the hardware store...

I am curious to see how far apart Sony is going to space its marketing between upcoming titles like for instance Afterlife and Spider-Man: No Way Home. The former is set for November. The latter is set for December and no trailer at all has come out yet.
Nope, it was the pic posted earlier in the year by Empire.
deadderek, mrmichaelt liked this
It's okay guys, the Spiderman fans are upset too. They thought the trailer would be released today too for some reason. WE ARE NOT ALONE!
deadderek liked this
SpaceBallz wrote: July 23rd, 2021, 11:45 am It's okay guys, the Spiderman fans are upset too. They thought the trailer would be released today too for some reason. WE ARE NOT ALONE!
I'm not concerned about Afterlife being over packed with characters and easter eggs to the point it becomes hard to follow.

I am however nervous about No Way Home.

Rumors of the story line sound a lot like the animated series from the nineties.

I would have been fine with Daredevil becoming Peter's lawyer, and having him hide out at the Xavier institute while focusing on one villain. It would have been a good way to introduce mutant's to the MCU. I just have that feeling it's going to turn out to be another Spider-Man 3. Rumors of the sinister six being thrown in with additional spider-men might not work on the big screen unless given the proper amount of time for a good script.
It's awesome to see all the merchandise already in people's hands now. It's go time for merchandise baby.
Prime 1986 liked this

Someone ID'd them on Facebook first, there w[…]

Two specific ideas I have are basically holiday sp[…]

While waiting impatiently for Frozen Empire to rel[…]

Make it that pack, sell it for $599. (While I […]