Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Holy shit, yes. Everything I predicted except the mention of Oscar, and we still don't know if the girls are going to suit up. Hasbro, get off your butt's and give us the remote control trap already!

Also, the ghost coming out of the trap I first thought Sloar from the video game. But then those pointy ears squashed that thought. Also the ghost coming out of the well did anyone notice the Gozar vibes, or just me?
Hairy Biker wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:19 am What is the tattoo on Rays arm?
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?s ... ersion=KJV

Revelation 6:12
King James Version
12 And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Alphagaia wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:48 am
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:39 am

Yes, although the horns indicated a new kind of terror dog. Maybe like the statues of the standing ones in the pit.
Jason call this the spectrall form of the Terror Dog. Perhaps that's the form used to possess people?
One thing that never crossed my mind until the reveal of that is if the slime blower could free someone of the Terror dog's possession.
Alphagaia, Corey91, seekandannoy and 1 others liked this
Now we know (as all sensible folk did, but anyway) for sure that GB2 is canon, and is made explicit in the trailer, it’s interesting that Jason talks about differences happening to Ecto-1 between “1984 and now” in the featurette. When he talks about things specific to GB2, like Ray’s Occult, he’s careful to say 1989. Which is a long-winded way to say that I’m starting to suspect I’ve been wrong forever, and that Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A might well actually be two separate cars in canon.

Or, y’know, Jason has a lot on his mind and just said 1984 like a normal person would and shouldn’t have his every word combed over by lunatics like me!
I had a theory right after the mini puft teaser drop that this trailer confirmed. I figured the mini pufts would be a cute distraction right before the terror dog paw on Mr. Grooberson's hood... The cute before the scare. And the terror dog bursting through the front of the Walmart made me cheer in rejoice! My excitement just got turned up to 11(11)!
groschopf, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
droidguy1119 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:39 am I dunno if you're screencapping the trailer or the breakdown, but yes, Jason explicitly identifies it as a spectral terror dog in his IGN video commentary.

UK trailer is up, no difference to the US one that I can see.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 7:38 amBut I must have missed something - was there a callback to GB2 that I missed?
You yourself mentioned it. Which movie is Ray's Occult Books from?
Yup. Sorry, I haven't had my morning cup of coffee. I totally spaced on that. LOL
groschopf liked this
I threw the Gozer Temple through some basic Photoshop filters to brighten it up a little:

Yeah that's definitely a statue of her in the back.
Seems like she is made out of all these smaller statues, indicating sacrifices are what sustains her.

One thing I'm wondering: I though Gozer could be any shape. How did Shandor know this was the original shape?
Last edited by Alphagaia on July 27th, 2021, 8:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
deadderek, robbritton, twmedford23 and 1 others liked this
Here are my thoughts overall:

I feel mostly the same about this new trailer as I did about the last one. I think if you're going to make a movie that has all of this corporate franchise machinery behind it, then having some sort of thematic thrust behind it is a good idea, and I think "exploring parental legacy" makes enough sense given who made it. I'm excited by the new setting and the new characters, and I think the cast looks like fun.

On the other hand, not to be the first naysayer, but from a marketing standpoint, they made another trailer that non-fans are going to complain doesn't really have any jokes in it (although I laughed at Mckenna Grace's delivery of "Maybe it's the apocalypse"), and it still makes me antsy that they're bringing back the same apocalyptic stuff from the first movie in the form of the Shandor mines, the terror dogs, and Gozer. I'll grant them leeway on the mini-Pufts, because there's no escaping one or two major callbacks, but it feels like they could've forged more of their own path on everything else, like an expansion and alteration of the existing mythos -- and this is definitely a complaint I'd level at the 2016 movie too (although that one does it more with references than mythos).

Also, another trailer without the theme. Personally, I'm indifferent to this as a complaint, but I expect it to come up. People were uploading edits of the last one to get the theme in there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cTv40aQYdM

Jason Reitman Director's commentary -
Gotta say, this guy 100% gets it. He's preserved the flavor, tone, and look, there are no shiny 'ipod' equipment moments, and the story carries emotion and weight. Can't WAIT to see this. I just hope it leaves some space for new adult Ghostbusters and missions and what not.

If he wanted to end it like an absolute BOSS he'd pull an Empire Strikes Back and someone gets taken. I'd watch three movies to see them try to rescue someone from hell or something.

I mean, or whatever else they want to do. I'm just excited because I can absolutely SMELL the potential here.
groschopf, Sav C liked this
Alphagaia wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:10 am I threw the Gozer Temple through some basic Photoshop filters to brighten it up a little:

Seems like she is made out of all these smaller statues, indicating sacrifices are what sustains her.

One thing I'm wondering: I though Gozer could be any shape. How did Shandor know this was the original shape?
What if it was built after the events of GB1 by Shandorians/Gozer Worshippers?
robbritton, Alphagaia, groschopf and 1 others liked this

Here's the group plus Phoebe, since I didn't see her in the other article for some reason. I like how the flight suit is rolled up to fit.

As for the Sentinel Terror Dog, I'm kind of relieved to see it look somewhat different. One of my few worries has been that everything in the movie will just be recycled from the original, without giving us new things.
Last edited by Nuclearjungle on July 27th, 2021, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:19 amImage
Hello All!

First time poster! Long time lurker.

I am excited (terrified) beyond the belief for rational thought right now!

I am loving this so far. This is what I imagined a third film would be in this day and age.
It's almost as if waiting this long was the correct way to do it. A 1990's half-assed 3rd film may have killed the franchise completely.

I do want to say, in relation to comments about "Kidbusters" -- I just think we're all jealous (especially us that were born in the 80's).. that these kids get to actually strap on the packs and bust ghosts. That's the way I feel. But this is strangely satisfying the kid in me in that, it's telling me that my fantasies about being a Ghostbuster as a kid, were valid.

Happy Trailer day!
Wafflerobot, Kingpin liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:29 am
Alphagaia wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:10 am I threw the Gozer Temple through some basic Photoshop filters to brighten it up a little:

What if it was built after the events of GB1 by Shandorians/Gozer Worshippers?
I would like that a whole lot better!
Last edited by Alphagaia on July 27th, 2021, 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sav C liked this
Lots of reposts of the same links. Calm down people. :P

SENIOR CITIZEN FIGURES HELL YEAH! Seriously...excited.
The only thing that bugs me, and it really is just me over thinking it, but the photo of the OGBs, they're wearing the same outfits they were wearing when the ECU exploded. I doubt they'd stop and take a photo together during that event. Maybe they went back to the HQ after they defeated Gozer and changed into what they were wearing before the battle? I dunno. It just seems like they should have used a different photo.
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:38 am Lots of reposts of the same links. Calm down people. :P
Not sure what you're talking about.

Anyway, interesting to note that proton stream effects included with OG figures are the classic color, but the new characters have purple. I thought it was just the way proton streams look in this movie, but maybe the revised packs just produce a purple stream.
Last edited by Nuclearjungle on July 27th, 2021, 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

You can see our Paranormal Boots in action here: […]

I was one of those kids who was scared of his own […]

Ghostheads

Ghostheads is SO bad. So cringe. Not even in a g[…]

The opening post contain a lot information. Quick […]