Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
This guy posted that Sony is blocking reaction videos for the new trailer. Conceptually, I understand that they might be concerned about 2016 redux, but I watched quite a few reaction videos for the original trailer, which were not blocked, and they were all positive. Seems more likely that blocking them will rub some people the wrong way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9aV3oAt75I
deadderek liked this
Considering there's clearly gonna be a re-manifestation of Gozer, I think it's safe to say the game can't logically fit into continuity now. Which, ultimately, I'm fine with. It fits in with the IDW comics timeline, which in itself can't fit with GBA anyway (and I don't think anyone expected the comics to be given space in the timeline either), so it's just part of another branched path.

Where they're similar though is rather nice. I suppose it's the way Star Wars trained my generation, but I'm used to the third installment of a trilogy circling back to echo the first (2nd Death Star, BTTF3 is a love story like Part I, etc...), and hey, that was the premise of the video game anyway, so the real GB3 is a variation on the same theme.

Based on that walking Terror Dog, I appreciate that we're getting expansions on what we saw in the first film.
droidguy1119 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:55 am This guy posted that Sony is blocking reaction videos for the new trailer. Conceptually, I understand that they might be concerned about 2016 redux, but I watched quite a few reaction videos for the original trailer, which were not blocked, and they were all positive. Seems more likely that blocking them will rub some people the wrong way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9aV3oAt75I
I'm guessing they want people to watch the orginal video, so they can gauge interest.

If you lower the sound a but and put a banner in front of the footage you should be fine.
Michael Scott wrote: July 27th, 2021, 8:54 am Maybe I missed if someone has mentioned this, but it says Thanksgiving. That’s 2 weeks after November 11. Did they push it back slightly, or just an assumption it will still be in theaters during that long holiday weekend?
The official site at least still says November 11th, but yeah, that caught my eye too.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
Potential plot spoilers for the film from 4chan
This Post Contains Spoilers
Last edited by Kingpin on July 27th, 2021, 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Added spoiler tags
Wafflerobot liked this
Loved it. Still totally on board. Some really good stuff.

But to be totally honest…that tease at the end should have been for the FIRST TRAILER..and show us the guys having some face time in this one.

I feel like it went for more of the same “epic suspense” of the first trailer and were already passed that.

But overall..love the janine exposition. It was nice to see her again. Love the ghost effects and the kids

The tease at the end definitely points to the theory that shit goes down and they call up the guys.

I need to watch it again..this based off watching it behind another tab at work lol
deadderek liked this
Ecto24601 wrote:Really curious to find out what's the deal behind the Aztec whistle we can see on Podcast's figure as well as in the Clue game.
And I love that Tobin's Spirit guide! Today is really Ghostbusters day!
It seems the "Ghost Whistle" Toy is a riff on the Aztec Whistle.

As for the 4chan/reddit leak - it sounded like BS to me at first, but it's pretty spot on. The "Giant" Terror Dog thing, could really just be a 9 foot tall Sentinel Terror Dog aka the Custodian.
groschopf wrote:That one that called Paul Rudd's character "Grooberman"? Still sounds like a hot reading based off of materials that have leaked now for literally two years.
Yeah, maybe. But it hits a lot of the plot points we only just saw now in the second trailer - including the giant terror dog, assuming of course giant doesn't mean 200 feet tall.
I feel like Jason Reitman is going to have call backs but not flat out reproduce the plot of the first film. Granted I could be wrong but he has the chance to expand the world and having the same "Gozer/possessed support cast/giant baddie, is lazy. Granted it mostly worked for episode 7 but I think given that Answer the Call more or less rehashed the first film, it would be a huge disservice to the franchise to just stay trapped in the same beats. No matter what though, I'm beyond excited.
tylergfoster, Sav C liked this
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:33 am Yeah, maybe. But it hits a lot of the plot points we only just saw now in the second trailer - including the giant terror dog, assuming of course giant doesn't mean 200 feet tall.
There's always something giant walking around in a Ghostbusters film. Marshmallow men, statues, the no ghost mascot itself...

groschopf wrote:
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:33 am Yeah, maybe. But it hits a lot of the plot points we only just saw now in the second trailer - including the giant terror dog, assuming of course giant doesn't mean 200 feet tall.
There's always something giant walking around in a Ghostbusters film. Marshmallow men, statues, the no ghost mascot itself...

And the cartoon followed suit. Stay Puft, Murray the Mantis, that giant toy monster, the monster from Take Two, the Top Hat Ghost - even Slimer got the giant treatment at one point.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:46 am And the cartoon followed suit. Stay Puft, Murray the Mantis, that giant toy monster, the monster from Take Two, the Top Hat Ghost - even Slimer got the giant treatment at one point.
Oh, for sure. And I hope I'm not coming across like a dick. Once upon I time, I volunteered to assess people claiming to having psychic abilities at a convention in Portland. Learned some tricks about how people make predictions that seem believable.

Is the apparel we're seeing in that shot of a hand holding the PKE one of the lab coats from the commercial in the first film?

groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:44 am Here's a tiny bit more:

https://twitter.com/fwolfhardupdate/sta ... 26560?s=20
Says unavailable. What did it say?

Honestly, I don’t think there is damage from[…]

Greetings

http://i.imgur.com/1kB7fOZ.jpg

I love that people are still making these packs. I[…]

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]