Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
deadderek wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:53 am
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:44 am Here's a tiny bit more:

https://twitter.com/fwolfhardupdate/sta ... 26560?s=20
Says unavailable. What did it say?
It's a story on Jason' Reitman's Instagram — a quick video of Trevor holding a flashlight, and Grooberson examining a trap. Neither appear to be cinematic.|

Last edited by groschopf on July 27th, 2021, 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
WorldofthePsychic liked this
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:50 am
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 9:46 am And the cartoon followed suit. Stay Puft, Murray the Mantis, that giant toy monster, the monster from Take Two, the Top Hat Ghost - even Slimer got the giant treatment at one point.
Oh, for sure. And I hope I'm not coming across like a dick. Once upon I time, I volunteered to assess people claiming to having psychic abilities at a convention in Portland. Learned some tricks about how people make predictions that seem believable.

Is the apparel we're seeing in that shot of a hand holding the PKE one of the lab coats from the commercial in the first film?

No, we're good. I get what you're saying.

As for the PKE meter shot, I thought "lab coat" as well. Either the one from the commercial or the dancing toaster in GB2. I actually think that this is Ray pulling a PKE meter out of a drawer in the Occult Bookstore.
I’m beyond excited for this movie. God bless my 5 year old son and his innocence though lol... he was upset that they “remade” slimer and he was VERY upset with the Ray tease... because they’re “closed” 😂
Alphagaia wrote: July 27th, 2021, 2:32 am I'm ready.
A lot of people on social media are going to be angry or disappointed because the trailer doesn't exactly show what they wanted, but that can't be helped.
I'm ready to be amazed.
@ *referring to bold*

This is why I've always keep my expectations down to 0 when it comes to things like this.

As for the trailer, looks pretty great. Seems like a bit of a bigger expansion of getting a taste of what's to come in the film than the first teaser trailer:

This Post Contains Spoilers

Can't wait to see more. ^_^
Wafflerobot liked this
Guys, nobody is talking about that sweet skeleton miner practical effect?!

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:02 am As for the PKE meter shot, I thought "lab coat" as well. Either the one from the commercial or the dancing toaster in GB2. I actually think that this is Ray pulling a PKE meter out of a drawer in the Occult Bookstore.
Kinda looks like someone is standing in a room with a... stained glass window?

WorldofthePsychic liked this
groschopf wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:24 am
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:02 am As for the PKE meter shot, I thought "lab coat" as well. Either the one from the commercial or the dancing toaster in GB2. I actually think that this is Ray pulling a PKE meter out of a drawer in the Occult Bookstore.

It might be Egon. Perhaps we get a spooky, mysterious prologue where a man whose face we cannot see tries to find a ghost and after a tense scene where the tension slowly rises and the meter starts to freak, he ultimately gets ambushed in the process.

TITLE CARD.
SpaceBallz wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:20 am Guys, nobody is talking about that sweet skeleton miner practical effect?!

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD.
Right?! And how the spectral trails flooding the town look exactly like the ones in the 84 film! They definitely went the right way with their visual effects in this one! 👏
SpaceBallz, Sav C, Kingpin liked this
WorldofthePsychic wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:28 am
SpaceBallz wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:20 am Guys, nobody is talking about that sweet skeleton miner practical effect?!

SOLD. SOLD. SOLD.
Right?! And how the spectral trails flooding the town look exactly like the ones in the 84 film! They definitely went the right way with their visual effects in this one! 👏
I love how the waiter is just casually giving the miner some coffee.
Better late than never, right?

Originally I thought this was in the bookstore, and the stained glass was actually the salt lamps in front of the window. But now that I've rewatched the trailer for the 12th time, I agree, it's stained glass. Was there stained glass in the firehouse?
Last edited by JonXCTrack on July 27th, 2021, 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf liked this
That was fun! I read through all the pages of this thread, and have my own points to make. It would be impossible to quote every post that I want to, but they were all good. These are my immediate takes on the new trailer, and some follow-up to points that I read.

-Like a lot of other people, I was disappointed by the amount of recycled footage from the first trailer. Maybe this was intentional, under the assumption that a lot of people don't even remember the first trailer now. I certainly hope this makes it to theaters ASAP. Droid Guy also made a good point about a lack of theme in both trailers, but maybe that'll be tied up in the final iteration. I hope, too.

-My immediate favorite part, of course, was the Stantz cameo that abruptly ends. The GBII connections/references are definitely intended for the hardcore fans, and recreating Ray's Occult was a superb choice. Question: who calls the number, and do they find a business card or some other item with the other Firehouse HQ items?

-Someone mentioned the older-looking hand holding the PKE belong to Ray. That would be a really great scene as he prepares for the upcoming mission/regrouping by donning the blue lab coat and pulling the scratched PKE from a drawer. I really do hope the Giga-meter or Slime Blower show up in a shot. I really enjoy the new technology that was in II.

-That Gozer temple looks SO cool. As far as tying into the first film, yet creating/expanding on it, that's the winner right there. Also, I'm glad there's some expansion on the Terror Dogs, instead of just recycling them. I mostly avoid GB figures because so many are redundant/uninteresting, but that Sentinel is legit cool.

-The plot of Hellbent was mentioned. If I remember, that involved Egon trying to create a giant portal for the captured ghosts to permanently cross-over through. It seems possible that basic idea is being used again, except Egon is in Summerville to prevent the Gozer portal from being swung in the direction of our dimension. It also appears that Slimer has returned, if the Clue! game is accurate. I can't wait to know how he ended up in Summerville.

-Jason's commentary for the trailer was really great and the clips from the films were great visual aids. It was mentioned that he mentioned the modifications for Ecto-1 from 1984 to present. Based on his choice of the original orange plates from 1984, it may very well end up being two cars, especially since he was on both sets in the 80s. If he's going as far to recreate a one set from one scene in Ghostbusters II I feel like the "where's 1-A?" question will be answered.
-
So either the server 1) doesn't realize who she is serving or 2) doesn't care. If they don't care then that may lend credence to the fact that the whole town are Gozer worshipers and they are glad to see everything coming to fruition. My .02. Loved the trailer and everything with it. Predicted right that Janine would be the one to let Callie know about Egon...whether they are related or not remains to be seen.

Hopefully the theory of J.K. Simmons playing Shandor is true and that does happen. This is definitely a blockbuster popcorn, edge of your seat type of movie.

I don't think the kids do anything to make the portal open, its just is ready to on its own with all the earthquakes and such. Could be wrong. Or that theory that Egon was trying to keep everything closed via trap/ECU via electricity and then it just blows up.

Very cool to think that all the Gozerian temple could have been done since 1984 by the miners and townspeople rather than the 1920's.
deadderek, Sav C, groschopf and 1 others liked this
I felt at the same time a misty-eyed adult and an over-excited five-year-old.

Holy shit guys...
Davideverona wrote: July 27th, 2021, 6:22 am I say, let's Kingpin have the honor of putting the trailer on the forum.
I appreciate the gesture and the sentiment... Sadly I started work an hour before the trailer was set to go live so I never would've had the chance to post it.

But still, man... I love you guys. :blush:
groschopf, SpaceBallz, Alphagaia and 6 others liked this
No iPhone?

You can still play the minigame here:
https://ecto1game.ghostbusters.com/index.php

Last edited by deadderek on July 27th, 2021, 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
gbraider82 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:47 am So either the server 1) doesn't realize who she is serving or 2) doesn't care. If they don't care then that may lend credence to the fact that the whole town are Gozer worshipers and they are glad to see everything coming to fruition.
Honestly zombie mutton chops miner likely isn't a threat. I kind of feel bad for the guy, died in a mine accident back in 1947. When his spirit gets free he just wants some coffee.

Also I wonder why some ghosts subconsciously choose to look like a rotten corpse?
Last edited by Bison256 on July 27th, 2021, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
groschopf liked this
Bison256 wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:56 am
Honestly zombie mutton chops miner likely isn't a threat. I kind of feel bad for the guy, dead in a mine accident back in 1947. When his spirit gets free he just wants some coffee.

Also I wonder why some ghosts subconsciously choose to look like a rotten corpse?
Hell, in a small town? Maybe she knew the guy or his family.
JonXCTrack wrote: July 27th, 2021, 10:45 am

Originally I thought this was in the bookstore, and the stained glass was actually the salt lamps in front of the window. But now that I've rewatched the trailer for the 12th time, I agree, it's stained glass. Was there stained glass in the firehouse?
wait

Not 100%, but same color scheme and rectangular configuration.
If anyone's crazy enough to do a super-cut of both (or rather all) trailers let me know!

I love the presumed finished SFX of the proton streams. Really look like the originals, like a mix of GB1 and 2.
The RTV looks fun in action!
We may safely assume that Ecto-1 and Ecto-1A are separate cars, as per movie canon. No GB2 redlines, thankfully!
Lovely nod to "Who you gonna call" at the end.
So we got...four minutes of footage now? Imagine what the other 110+ hold...I can only pray movie theaters will still be open again in November. I'd be devastated.
deadderek, groschopf, Sav C and 1 others liked this
Positron Props GB1 Pack Build

Awesome!! Good luck on your build! Tom's shell i[…]

Trailer posted for release for the Frozen Empire u[…]

Trivia, callbacks etc I noticed so far *Cover A *[…]

Matty Trap - Replace Pedal?

Has anyone successfully transferred the pedal elec[…]