By Oxnard Montalvo
Have just started modding a Walmart trap myself (sent by a kind US soul over here to the UK).
I've started to get all the bits together for the smoke mod. I've got my pump, and all the requisite cables, but I'm stuck on the vape pen. I watched a few YouTube videos on the subject and it seems like the best type of vape to use is one that has a hole right on the battery terminal inside the pen. The video also mentioned that there were some that didn't have this hole and would need to be drilled. Obviously I'd like to find an 'open hole ' version, but I have no way of knowing which is which sight unseen. Does anyone know if there is any way of telling the two apart by model or specifications?

Thanks in advance!
By Belli
Mathew_impact1 wrote: June 24th, 2020, 10:27 pm I must admit, the disco lights work pretty well. I'd love to see a video in a darkened room.

Are those the $3 usb type?
Yes, the cheap sound activated USB disco lights. I removed the USB plug and soldered wires to the terminals.

Here it is at night. My dog was refusing to leave me alone. Sorry for the jerky bit at the end.

By Mathew_impact1
Cool. Thanks for the video. I ordered a pair of the disco lights from eBay to play with.

Purchased an air pump and vape tank. But I had shortend the height if my trap to be more like the prototype. So the pump won't fit in the floor area. My choices are to put it in the cargo area or mount it in back, under the red LED. I have extra room there, as I extended the back by .75 inches.
By Dr.D
Evening fellas. Just wondering, what would be the simplest way to extend the wire running to the footpedal? I'm not looking to totally mod my electronics, my gorilla hands can barely use a screwdriver.
By NotSabbat
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Dr.D wrote: August 3rd, 2020, 5:18 pm Evening fellas. Just wondering, what would be the simplest way to extend the wire running to the footpedal? I'm not looking to totally mod my electronics, my gorilla hands can barely use a screwdriver.
I used this wire ribbon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01D9 ... UTF8&psc=1

Its the cheapest way Ive found to get long lengths of wires. Its very easy to remove two of the wires from the ribbon, strip the ends and connect to the peddle wires.
By VenkmanGhostsRUs
Hey Man!
Was working on a mod of my own for the Walmart Trap and making a swap of the power switch. Was going to use a SPST switch as you showed...but was wondering if you could tell me how to wire the 4-wire lead to a DPDT switch?
Last edited by Kingpin on August 25th, 2020, 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.Reason: Removed unnecessarily quoted post content.
By RealGhostbusterJay
Does anyone sell a kit that's able to turn on when the trap is closed but doesn't take a ton of re wiring but something simple that I can just mount inside the trap? I had been looking at a minifogger2 but I don't think it would release the right amount of vapor in the duration I'd like
By Belli
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: August 27th, 2020, 12:05 am Does anyone sell a kit that's able to turn on when the trap is closed but doesn't take a ton of re wiring but something simple that I can just mount inside the trap? I had been looking at a minifogger2 but I don't think it would release the right amount of vapor in the duration I'd like
Yes, I made exactly this. It is a smoke and light kit that plug and play connects to the Walmart or spirit traps. It has been refined since the earlier videos I've posted of my own. I don't promote it anywhere. You can search the usual Facebook groups for people who have it or DM me.
Robert Wallace, LynxKim liked this
By RealGhostbusterJay
Thanks, message sent, but can it smoke when the doors are closed, as in I don't need lights or sounds for it just the smoke kit and I can turn it on and close the doors and let it smoke?
Robert Wallace liked this
By Paco
any of you guys ever have trouble trying to get the doors open? for some reason over time the batteries get drained and even as i step on the pedal the green lights will turn on but the doors open open.
By Kingpin
Paco wrote: September 2nd, 2020, 3:45 am any of you guys ever have trouble trying to get the doors open? for some reason over time the batteries get drained and even as i step on the pedal the green lights will turn on but the doors open open.
Even if not actively in use, batteries will eventually lose their charge if they're left in the battery compartment, and the doors not opening is a sign there's not enough charge in them to work the servos.
By VenkmanGhostsRUs
Was working on a mod of my own for the Walmart Trap (w/pedal) and making a swap of the power switch. Was going to use a SPST switch...but was wondering if someone could tell me how to wire the 4-wire lead to a DPDT switch? An image or diagram would be great.
By Robert Wallace
I would like to do this, but am unsure what components, etc. are required. This plug and play method you suggest sounds brilliant! Can you supply further details?
(I’m not sure how to do DMs!)
Belli wrote: August 27th, 2020, 12:31 pm
RealGhostbusterJay wrote: August 27th, 2020, 12:05 am Does anyone sell a kit that's able to turn on when the trap is closed but doesn't take a ton of re wiring but something simple that I can just mount inside the trap? I had been looking at a minifogger2 but I don't think it would release the right amount of vapor in the duration I'd like
Yes, I made exactly this. It is a smoke and light kit that plug and play connects to the Walmart or spirit traps. It has been refined since the earlier videos I've posted of my own. I don't promote it anywhere. You can search the usual Facebook groups for people who have it or DM me.
LynxKim liked this
By Kenten
Hey Everyone! Anyone else face a switch like this, connected directly to the circuit board? Do I just unsolder that guy? I want to upgrade to a flip-switch that I'll probably have to connect via wires instead of directly to the board like this one was. (I soldered my first ever connection on the pedal, this will be my first attempt to un-solder something, haha.)

By Mathew_impact1
Well that's new. What brand of trap is this? I only have a pair of walmart traps.

Are you replacing the switch style, or changing function as well?

After the switch is removed, the circuit board may have to be moved down to make room for toggle switch.
By Kenten
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Yes, this is the Walmart one., but still "Imagine by Rubies", date of 2020 on the box. (I also bought a Rubie's trap from Amazon.ca, that photo showed the handle-button for activation (no pedal), and when it arrived, it was a pedal version (no complaints about that), so maybe Rubie's has upgraded their traps to only have pedals?

Yes, I'm adding a flip-switch, it's an on-off-on switch, so maybe I can wire it to preserve the "test" mode, though I don't mind losing that. And you're right, the circuit board is going to have to be moved, which also means the light near the switch will have to be cut and have the wires lengthened to reach.
By kahuna900

Kenten wrote: August 4th, 2021, 5:00 pm Yes, this is the Walmart one., but still "Imagine by Rubies", date of 2020 on the box. (I also bought a Rubie's trap from Amazon.ca, that photo showed the handle-button for activation (no pedal), and when it arrived, it was a pedal version (no complaints about that), so maybe Rubie's has upgraded their traps to only have pedals?

Yes, I'm adding a flip-switch, it's an on-off-on switch, so maybe I can wire it to preserve the "test" mode, though I don't mind losing that. And you're right, the circuit board is going to have to be moved, which also means the light near the switch will have to be cut and have the wires lengthened to reach.

Check out the latter posts in this thread: MY RUBIE'S WALMART EXCLUSIVE GHOSTBUSTERS GHOST TRAP MOD, we discuss how to mod the newer traps with the switch located on the board.
By Mareearia
Has anyone pulled apart the ‘motor,’ part? The part with the wheels? Any instructions available for reassembly? When I popped it open, parts fell out and now I’m trying to get them back to how they should be. 🙇🏼‍♀️
Hello everyone!
New member and first time poster. I’m also not very knowledgable about electronics.
I’ve got a Walmart trap in the post and the first thing I want to do is replace the pedal and wire because it seems a little flimsy.

Could I remove the existing wire and install a 1/4 inch audio jack (the kind you get on a guitar) in the trap? Would that work?
Also, do you think I could use a keyboard sustain pedal to replace the foot switch? Those are momentary switches, I believe.

Any tips or feedback would be very much appreciated!

Thanks!
By Mathew_impact1
This has been covered before. Do a Google search "gbfans walmart trap".

The quick response, yes. But you would better off using a 10' BNC cable and a pair of female connectors. The 1/4" phono jacks very long.
By AdamKenobi
Old fan, new member here. I’ve been sitting on my Walmart ghost trap for years, and have finally decided to mod it. I saw TacoBelli’s usb disco light build, and want to do something similar, or maybe a led strobe light. I have very little electrical experience, could I replace the existing green leds, and attach the new lights to those connections? I’m hoping I can do this without adding additional power or circuit boards. Any help would be appreciated.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]