Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Davideverona wrote: August 31st, 2021, 1:35 am I.e. Egon's presence... I like the subtle nods like the moving lights. I hope they'll treat his death in the same manner, sweetly and meaningful.

How do you think they'll face that subject?
I think they just zoom in on a jackhammer pressed on a sweaty temple while we hear an insane cackle.
Face it, indeed.
Great way to start a comedy.

All the ghosts are nightmares from Egon's past. BwahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHhahahahahahaha
Stumbled upon a couple of alternate shots:
Last edited by deadderek on August 31st, 2021, 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jimsy33 liked this
RichRyan1507 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:18 am
deadderek wrote: August 31st, 2021, 6:08 am Stumbled upon a couple of alternate shots:
I see nothing.
Fixed it.
RichRyan1507 liked this
If you're on FB you can watch the snippet here:
https://fb.watch/7K5JgIahVY/

If you're on Twitter you can watch the snippet here:
https://twitter.com/i/status/1432706695575318540
Davideverona liked this
JediChris1138 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 10:27 am Has anybody considered that instead of a giant stay puft, the form of the destructor they choose this time is... Egon? What happens when your destructor form is a man who exists to stop you?

That has a very... Doomslayer feeling to it.
That would be icky.
SpaceBallz wrote: August 31st, 2021, 12:32 pm
JediChris1138 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 10:27 am Has anybody considered that instead of a giant stay puft, the form of the destructor they choose this time is... Egon? What happens when your destructor form is a man who exists to stop you?

That has a very... Doomslayer feeling to it.
That would be icky.
A giant Ed Koch would make more sense, but using Egon as the main villain? I think that wouldn't be very tasteful in honoring his memory.

Davideverona wrote: August 30th, 2021, 10:56 pm
MikeyJ122 wrote: August 30th, 2021, 8:12 pm

By that definition I am millennial as well (born in 81). But I have FAR more in common with someone that was born in77, 78, 79 than I do in most people that were born after 85/86.

I think it has to do more with the "era" you were a kid. I was an 80's kid, for sure. It's the 90's kids that I really feel a disconnect with. I still came from the era where we stayed outside until the street lights came on, etc. Most 90's kids that I've met just view the world slightly different. Obviously, there are exceptions, just some personal observations.
I'm born in 83 and I feel exactly your way. Our infancy was definitely somewhat more magical than the later kids.
I was also born in 83 ! Best era ever for movies, games, music everything was awesome ! And the industry tries so hard to duplicate that magic
MikeyJ122 liked this
Davideverona wrote: August 31st, 2021, 1:35 am I.e. Egon's presence... I like the subtle nods like the moving lights. I hope they'll treat his death in the same manner, sweetly and meaningful.

How do you think they'll face that subject?
This raises an interesting question! The movie would presumably have to delve into this a little, because there's going to be a distinction between something like Muncher and what's going on with Egon. This could be the basis for a really great scene with the guys talking to Phoebe and Trevor, somewhere around the climax.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Ectojeff88 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 3:20 pm Anybody know anything more about this book, The Ghostbusters Saga?
Author: James Greene Jr, set for 05/01/2022

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Sag ... 712&sr=8-1
Hi, James here. Long time lurker, occasional poster. This is my book. I'm guessing someone at the publisher set up this Amazon link a while ago (I think the description is taken directly from the proposal I submitted back when Afterlife was first announced). The book is now called A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever and as far as I know it is being published in the Fall of 2022, not May. Everything else is correct on that link, though the book will cover Afterlife as well.

I considered myself a pretty die-hard GB fan before I started work on this project but I've learned so much it's astounding. I can't wait for everyone to read it and I hope everyone here on this board enjoys it. Thanks so much for your interest!
mrmichaelt, deadderek, Corey91 and 6 others liked this
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:06 pm
Ectojeff88 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 3:20 pm Anybody know anything more about this book, The Ghostbusters Saga?
Author: James Greene Jr, set for 05/01/2022

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Sag ... 712&sr=8-1
Hi, James here. Long time lurker, occasional poster. This is my book. I'm guessing someone at the publisher set up this Amazon link a while ago (I think the description is taken directly from the proposal I submitted back when Afterlife was first announced). The book is now called A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever and as far as I know it is being published in the Fall of 2022, not May. Everything else is correct on that link, though the book will cover Afterlife as well.

I considered myself a pretty die-hard GB fan before I started work on this project but I've learned so much it's astounding. I can't wait for everyone to read it and I hope everyone here on this board enjoys it. Thanks so much for your interest!
I'll definitely buy it. A question: how much of the GB3 story will it cover? And how?
Davideverona wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:09 pm
jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:06 pm

I'll definitely buy it. A question: how much of the GB3 story will it cover? And how?
Thanks! I will be covering the entire GB3 story and I will move through it in a linear fashion. I'm not sure what else I can say in response to "how will I cover it" without spending an hour getting into my technique or describing all the research I've done. I'll try to make it as engaging as the rest of the book!
mrmichaelt, robbritton, Kingpin and 1 others liked this
jg2 wrote:I will be covering the entire GB3 story and I will move through it in a linear fashion. I'm not sure what else I can say in response to "how will I cover it" without spending an hour getting into my technique or describing all the research I've done. I'll try to make it as engaging as the rest of the book!
Hellbent to Afterlife? That's going to be a lot of pages. Probably could have been it's own book.

Thanks for registering and clarifying the details on the book.
deadderek liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:43 pm
jg2 wrote:I will be covering the entire GB3 story and I will move through it in a linear fashion. I'm not sure what else I can say in response to "how will I cover it" without spending an hour getting into my technique or describing all the research I've done. I'll try to make it as engaging as the rest of the book!
Hellbent to Afterlife? That's going to be a lot of pages. Probably could have been it's own book.

Thanks for registering and clarifying the details on the book.
Again, thanks for your interest! Many parts of this book could be their own book. It's a little daunting. But I'm loving the work.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:26 pm
Davideverona wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:09 pm
Thanks! I will be covering the entire GB3 story and I will move through it in a linear fashion. I'm not sure what else I can say in response to "how will I cover it" without spending an hour getting into my technique or describing all the research I've done. I'll try to make it as engaging as the rest of the book!
Thanks for your answer ☺ have you been able to include parts of the scripts of all the Gb3 versions?
As much as we are all looking forward to new revelations and character closure with Afterlife, the potential new info from this book will surely give us closure and relief on the GB3 timeline.
So many unanswered questions and mystery to uncover. Can’t wait!
Looking forward to seeing all you have uncovered James. I do hope you get to stuff this volume as full as the binding will allow!
Ectojeff88 wrote:As much as we are all looking forward to new revelations and character closure with Afterlife, the potential new info from this book will surely give us closure and relief on the GB3 timeline.
Looking forward to seeing all you have uncovered James. I do hope you get to stuff this volume as full as the binding will allow!
I really appreciate your enthusiasm! I'm trying to get as much in there as I can.
Davideverona wrote: August 31st, 2021, 10:48 pm
jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:26 pm

Thanks for your answer ☺ have you been able to include parts of the scripts of all the Gb3 versions?
If you mean will GB3 scripts be quoted directly, yes, a few, but not all. I haven't seen every single iteration with my own eyes and some of the drafts have come to me with the proviso they only be summarized.
Davideverona, Sav C liked this
jg2 wrote: September 1st, 2021, 1:14 am
Ectojeff88 wrote:As much as we are all looking forward to new revelations and character closure with Afterlife, the potential new info from this book will surely give us closure and relief on the GB3 timeline.
I really appreciate your enthusiasm! I'm trying to get as much in there as I can.
Davideverona wrote: August 31st, 2021, 10:48 pm

If you mean will GB3 scripts be quoted directly, yes, a few, but not all. I haven't seen every single iteration with my own eyes and some of the drafts have come to me with the proviso they only be summarized.
I've been helping with the Ghostbusters 3 Blog by Dan Milano, so I can imagine all the research you've done.

The amount of people participating in the milest[…]

No issue with Spongeface keepalive and TalentCel[…]

After 2 years of this failed Walmart trap conversi[…]

Wanna play Unleashed with me?

I'm ready big man whenever you want let's goooooo.[…]