Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:06 pm The book is now called A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever and as far as I know it is being published in the Fall of 2022, not May.
That's fine, around here we're used to being given a release date and then having to wait longer :wink:
Looking forward to it!
jg2 wrote:If you mean will GB3 scripts be quoted directly, yes, a few, but not all. I haven't seen every single iteration with my own eyes and some of the drafts have come to me with the proviso they only be summarized.
That's exciting news! I'm eager to learn about what could have been, which surely your summaries will provide. But boy would I like to read these scripts from front to back. I suppose the powers that be want to keep it on the shelf so that they have the option of dusting it off in 50 years.
Jimsy33 wrote: September 1st, 2021, 8:02 am New video on Adam Savage's Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VswBDMmMgsU
I love Adam Savage... but I kinda wanna murder him out of pure, unfiltered jealousy XD

Then again, I was allowed to crawl around the inside of the refurbished original Ecto-1 and a local-ish car show in 2008 or 9 when they were promoting the video game...
Jimsy33, deadderek liked this
I mean, I would probably lose my presence of mind too, but to not run the siren and lights even once?! That's the noise that would break me!
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:06 pm
Ectojeff88 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 3:20 pm Anybody know anything more about this book, The Ghostbusters Saga?
Author: James Greene Jr, set for 05/01/2022

https://www.amazon.com/Ghostbusters-Sag ... 712&sr=8-1
Hi, James here. Long time lurker, occasional poster. This is my book. I'm guessing someone at the publisher set up this Amazon link a while ago (I think the description is taken directly from the proposal I submitted back when Afterlife was first announced). The book is now called A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever and as far as I know it is being published in the Fall of 2022, not May. Everything else is correct on that link, though the book will cover Afterlife as well.

I considered myself a pretty die-hard GB fan before I started work on this project but I've learned so much it's astounding. I can't wait for everyone to read it and I hope everyone here on this board enjoys it. Thanks so much for your interest!
This is very exciting James! I hope you were afforded the leeway to go a little deeper on the Video Game than previous books have - it always seems to get quite cursory treatment considering it's one of only four times the original cast have played those roles.
Sav C liked this
robbritton wrote: September 1st, 2021, 9:32 am
jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:06 pm

Hi, James here. Long time lurker, occasional poster. This is my book. I'm guessing someone at the publisher set up this Amazon link a while ago (I think the description is taken directly from the proposal I submitted back when Afterlife was first announced). The book is now called A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever and as far as I know it is being published in the Fall of 2022, not May. Everything else is correct on that link, though the book will cover Afterlife as well.

I considered myself a pretty die-hard GB fan before I started work on this project but I've learned so much it's astounding. I can't wait for everyone to read it and I hope everyone here on this board enjoys it. Thanks so much for your interest!
This is very exciting James! I hope you were afforded the leeway to go a little deeper on the Video Game than previous books have - it always seems to get quite cursory treatment considering it's one of only four times the original cast have played those roles.
Yes, the book is going deeper on the video game. I interviewed a few of the core creative people and learned tons of fascinating stuff. You're right, it's an important juncture in the franchise history. Can't gloss over it!
robbritton wrote: September 1st, 2021, 9:02 am I mean, I would probably lose my presence of mind too, but to not run the siren and lights even once?! That's the noise that would break me!
Exactly. I'd be like, "Let's run some red lights!"

jg2 wrote: September 1st, 2021, 10:17 am
robbritton wrote: September 1st, 2021, 9:32 am

Yes, the book is going deeper on the video game. I interviewed a few of the core creative people and learned tons of fascinating stuff. You're right, it's an important juncture in the franchise history. Can't gloss over it!
Wonderful! I very much look forward to reading!
Per Variety the movie is pushed back again to November 19th.

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/ghos ... 235054013/
mrmichaelt, Sav C liked this
deadderek wrote: September 1st, 2021, 12:58 pm Per Variety the movie is pushed back again to November 19th.

Gets it clear of the Eternals second week, I guess. Personally it means I can actually go to the rescheduled Suede gig that had wound up clashing with Afterlife.

Looking for positives. What's another week in the grand scheme?
JonXCTrack, Kingpin, mrmichaelt and 2 others liked this
robbritton wrote:
deadderek wrote: September 1st, 2021, 12:58 pm Per Variety the movie is pushed back again to November 19th.

Gets it clear of the Eternals second week, I guess. Personally it means I can actually go to the rescheduled Suede gig that had wound up clashing with Afterlife.

That makes sense. Similar age brackets for both films, so why compete when you can just bump it a week?
robbritton wrote: September 1st, 2021, 1:07 pm

*grumbles and puts in YET AGAIN a day off request*
Sav C liked this
ugh...taking bets if this is gonna be a Christmas movie.

Christmas 2022, that is.
Last edited by SpaceBallz on September 1st, 2021, 1:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ghoulishfright liked this
Also, to clarify, it moved becauseTop Gun moved, not because of COVID (although the bonus for Sony is they get another week to examine how COVID is affecting box office). They wanted the Thanksgiving weekend holiday for the families, and now they get Top Gun's IMAX screens.

https://deadline.com/2021/09/ghostbuste ... 234825680/
deadderek, RichRyan1507 liked this
Top Gun in February? They just pushed TONS of stuff WAAAY back.

That's out in MAY.
This is still a bad choice. It's between Eternals and HALO.

At this point, honest to God, I don't know if there's a great time to release this anymore. The virus is going to interfere for a long while yet.

I still WANT it out, but it's so crowded with films and theater attendance is (and will continue to be) so low, we're not going to be in a fantastic spot.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movie ... 235006871/
Last edited by JediChris1138 on September 1st, 2021, 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bison256 wrote: September 1st, 2021, 2:22 pm
featofstrength wrote: September 1st, 2021, 2:18 pm Ugh...the Eternals...how does one take elements from such a bold visual artist like Jack Kirby and make something so bland looking?
Design by committee.
Actually, it's the opposite of that. The other Marvel movies don't look like that. It's the choice of the filmmaker (and, as some have pointed out, a small amount of bad YouTube compression).
starang11 wrote: September 1st, 2021, 7:25 am
jg2 wrote: August 31st, 2021, 9:06 pm The book is now called A Convenient Parallel Dimension: How Ghostbusters Slimed Us Forever and as far as I know it is being published in the Fall of 2022, not May.
That's fine, around here we're used to being given a release date and then having to wait longer :wink:
Looking forward to it!
You just had to go and say that, didn’t you!? LOL
starang11 liked this

For the legacy shell, what aspects are damage that[…]

Greetings

Welcome aboard, Samson! :)

At the moment my interest would be what sorts fo[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

I know very little about Five Nights at Freddy's […]