Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Kingpin wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:18 am I'm not sure it's worth the effort or our attention posting anything that pops up on Reddit, given the dubious nature of pretty much any claim made about the movie there.

They didn't even give us Lucky or Podcast's names.
To be honest, even if they had given us those names, we’d all be like “Lucky!?!” “Podcast!?!” “What the hell sort of names are those? Clearly this Reddit leaker person is making this all up. No one would name a character ‘Podcast’. Sounds fishy to me”
Alphagaia wrote: September 21st, 2021, 4:53 am Anyway, leaks aren't a great way of getting information as the context can be missing. Something that sounds stupid on paper can be awesome on the big screen.
Ole' Stay Puft being a perfect example of that. :)
Alphagaia liked this
Alphagaia wrote: September 19th, 2021, 12:04 pm
mrmichaelt wrote: September 18th, 2021, 11:15 pm Is Eric laughing that we're spending so much time analyzing the hand? :P
Or facepalming that we don't get it even when the trailer (and Jason) talks about Egon when that clip is shown.
Could very well be Oliver Coopers hand playing Egon. Elton as a character name is fairly close, they may change that credit release day?
Alphagaia wrote: September 21st, 2021, 4:53 am Anyway, leaks aren't a great way of getting information as the context can be missing. Something that sounds stupid on paper can be awesome on the big screen.
100%

That exact scenario happened with the last Avengers movie. It’s plot leaked on Reddit weeks before release and people were ripping it to shreds but without the context, the verisimilitude, the music…you just can’t get a handle on it. The movie comes out? Almost everyone loves it.

That also happened with The Sopranos finale. Reading the plot points robbed you of the tension & build up of that final scene. Granted a lot of people were pissed off at that finale at the time, but I loved it & now that time has passed it’s regarded as one of the best finales of all time with that final scene being a pop culture touchstone people still debate over like the great work of art it is.
Kingpin liked this
Dude, the editing, the tension, the use of Journey's Don't Stop Believing as the conjunction piece to glue it altogether.

For me, Sopranos lives up to be probably the best of the Mob genre. There was maybe only two-ish bad-slow scenes/episodes in the whole grand opus, which a great feat considering the amount of vanilla filler they throw into today's "binge watch" era of tv.
Dr.D liked this
Bloodvayne wrote: September 21st, 2021, 7:07 am Could very well be Oliver Coopers hand playing Egon. Elton as a character name is fairly close, they may change that credit release day?
I never knew what to think with that rumor. My first thought was, why hire someone like Cooper just to play a body double? And he's way too young to credibly play an older Egon if it was to be a full-fledged scene or two. But then I remembered his Son of Sam makeup in Mindhunter, so maybe that was the thinking. Or, he's Egon's son and we're all in for a surprise. There is a resemblance of course.

He said he only filmed for four days ("I did a small thing which was really fun") so there's that.
I just keep thinking, watch he's just playing Rudd's friend or another teacher at the school or something, and this ends up being a silly rumor (like when everyone thought Anthony Michael Hall was secretly playing the Riddler in TDK, and he ended up just playing a newscaster).
I just wanted to chime in about spoiler and their creditability.

For those of you who dont know i have my Youtube channel where i have covered spoilers in the past (from over a year ago now) and some stuff vaguely lines up, alot of it doesn't and the stuff that does line up could very well be guess work.

However, i do have to say this...there is a person who changes his name frequently, that is constantly making stuff up and trying to post it where ever (my channel, reddit, etc) for what ever reason.

He/she reminds me of supershadow from back in the star wars prequel era...for those of you who dont know, supershadow was a website where a guy claimed to be a close personal friend of George Lucas, and would post countless so called spoilers on the prequel films.

Now, being the nature of those films, some things would obviously have to line up (based on what we know from the classic trilogy) but alot of was just randomly made BS and the guy did this for years and ultimatly had to stop when he started charging people to access his made up spoilers and lucasfilm shut him down.

Anyhow, point I'm trying to make is, until there is a PUBLIC screening of the movie without people having to sign NDA'S, any rumor or plot leak found anywhere on the internet is at best pure speculation, at worse made up "Nutballs on the street seeking attention" as Doctor Venkman is so fond of saying!
deadderek, Kingpin, zeta otaku and 2 others liked this
BatDan wrote: September 21st, 2021, 7:29 am Dude, the editing, the tension, the use of Journey's Don't Stop Believing as the conjunction piece to glue it altogether.

For me, Sopranos lives up to be probably the best of the Mob genre. There was maybe only two-ish bad-slow scenes/episodes in the whole grand opus, which a great feat considering the amount of vanilla filler they throw into today's "binge watch" era of tv.
There is so much happening there in that final scene, the symbolism, allusions to other films(2001 a Space Odyssey). There’s a blog that is infamous for digging into the nitty gritty of what exactly is going on & what it all means. If your interested DM me and I’ll send you a link(I gotta be careful or next thing I know I’ll turn this topic into a Sopranos thesis. It’s easily my favourite show of all time and like Ghostbusters I could go on & on). I can’t wait for the movie The Many Saints of Newark. Reviews starting coming out today.
Dr.D liked this
Davideverona wrote: September 21st, 2021, 3:13 pm So, today's Bill Murray birthday. And the first anniversary of Bruce Brownstein showing the world Bill in Venkman jumpsuit on the Ghostbusters Afterlife set 😁
I suddenly remember I had the ability to watch this, which was a nice gesture from the one who has this footage, but declined.

I'll see it after the movie, when and if it's still available.
deadderek liked this
I saw it on the Brownstein Instagram page.

At first I believed it was a normal Murray's birthday post. When the video started I thought it was a GB2 behind the scenes video (it was a little blurry and Bill had his hair dyed).

Then I noticed that the suit was a little worn out, Bill's voice a little cranky and he had somw wrinles on his neck. In the time that took me to say: "Holy shit, this is the Afterlife set!!!", the video was already taken down and Eric wrote me not to divulge it.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 8:15 am What a thing of beauty.

Look at Carry Coon holding that PKE meter.

Also:
Yes. Look at Carrie Coon holding the PKE meter. Because that’s what I want to see from a final poster. Carrie Coon facing the other direction so that when someone points out she’s in this poster I have to really examine to find out which one is her.

You know what a great idea is? Put Paul Rudd in your movie and have him on your poster but don’t show his face. The back of Paul Rudd’s head! That’s what makes a good poster.

The European ones are so much better. Ya know, because they are actually facing us.

Someone somewhere approved that first poster. Someone somewhere thought “Ok. We are in the final push for the movie. A couple more months and it’s go time. We gotta get the word out. You know those actors we have in our movie? Ok. Let’s put them in the poster…but have their backs facing us so Joe & Jane 6 Pack have no idea whose in our movie!”

My god what are they thinking?
deadderek liked this
The only thing that bothers me in that back-to-the-viewer poster is the name on the water tower. Looks to me like someone used Photoshop in a semi-convincing manner. Otherwise, I like the poster.

Also... hey... that looks like a proton stream shooting up to the meet the green lightning coming down.

The major implication of that poster is what we don't see—who's firing that neutrona wand.

mrmichaelt, Corey91 liked this
I don't really like either poster. The whole "middle of a field" thing just seems weird to me. Like they're just going to bail out of the Ecto in the middle of the field and look around instead of driving to the mine (or away from it). Standing in the middle of a small street in Summerville is similarly weird to me.

Instead, I might have the characters standing in Egon's lab looking at various things. Just my .02.
I like that there appears to be a Smash alien at the centre of the vortex on the US poster.
BatDan wrote:While im happy theres something new to look at…

They still feel “teasery” to me.

Essential the same as the lone-wrecto one weve had just with people in it now. Was expecting something a little “different”

The Clue box is way cooler as a poster.
I agree 100%.
groschopf liked this
Wow... The contrarians even get triggered by posters. What a world we live in...

On a different note, I love them! I wish my niece still worked at the movie theater so they could get me one as they did for the original teaser trailer that says "Summer 2020" on the bottom. The two together would look great on my walls and pose as a sort of testimonial of the time we've been through to finally see this film.
Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]

Just seen this thread add me JudgeGerry to London

Proton Props UK

I would like to apologise to everyone for the dela[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

How feasible would it be for Hasbro to release &[…]