Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Tell you what, though - it's a nice Gil Kenan callback in terms of composition, intentional or not! Image
Kingpin, Alphagaia liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:57 pm
Can we just ban the word “triggered” from fan discourse from now on? Here’s an idea. Everytime someone has the urge to use to word “triggered” swap the word “opinion”, “upset” or “care” in instead. Cool? Cool.

“Triggered” It’s a bit condescending and holier than thou, no? Maybe it’s just me.

“Oh look! Something provoked you enough to have an opinion! How can I make that person feel like an idiot for caring about something? Oh. Oh I know! I’ll use the name for the thing on a gun a person squeezes to make the bullet come out! A trigger! Yes. This will catch on and be used in pop culture debates exclusively!”- Some asshole
Alrighty then. There's a lot to unpack here. First of all, thanks for proving my point. Secondly, just curious if you noticed that you said the use of that word is condescending in between two examples of you being condescending yourself.

In regards to opinions, my opinion was that folks were being unnecessarily critical and negative over a simple promotional tool, so I voiced it. It was not my intention to be condescending to anyone, thus why I didn't quote any specific opinion. Everyone's opinion is just as valid as mine, and at the end of the day mine is irrelevant. It's just conversation among fans, right?

But if that word is the only focus of my opinion, I'll switch to "provoked" from hence forth. Sound good?
pizzarat liked this

The screening will play at the historic Empress Theatre, which is the same theatre fans have seen in the Ghostbusters: Afterlife trailer, in which the new Ghostbusters team is seen chasing down Muncher.

The premiere will take place on November 13th, 6 days before Ghostbusters: Afterlife receives its world premiere.

The main street of Fort Macleod will be blocked off, with costume contests, Ghostbusters merchandise, and possibly a few surprises being planned.

Tickets will be priced at $100 and will go on sale on October 4th at Fort Macleod’s Empress Theatre, with proceeds going towards needed renovations.
The main street of Fort Macleod will be blocked off, with costume contests, Ghostbusters merchandise, and possibly a few surprises being planned.

Tickets will be priced at $100 and will go on sale on October 4th at Fort Macleod’s Empress Theatre, with proceeds going towards needed renovations.
Anyone planning on making a mass migration just to see this event? Ghostbusters doesn't seem like an appropriate film to be playing at Fort Macleod. There can be only one film playing at Fort Macleod. A film about a man named Duncan.
WorldofthePsychic liked this
timeware wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 11:09 am

Anyone planning on making a mass migration just to see this event? Ghostbusters doesn't seem like an appropriate film to be playing at Fort Macleod. There can be only one film playing at Fort Macleod. A film about a man named Duncan.
If I could afford the trip to purchase the ticket, and the trip to see the movie, I totally would. But Alberta is a pretty long haul from here to do twice.

I'm impatient, but not that impatient!
Last edited by Bison256 on September 23rd, 2021, 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bison256 wrote:

I'm impatient, but no that impatient!

Same. A flight out that way and back will cost around $900 for me. I'd still have to rent a car and a hotel room. As much as I love Ghostbusters, I'm not willing to shell out $1,500 US to see the movie a week earlier.
deadderek liked this
Yeah uh, Empress is really far from me and it would take over a day on the road to get there just for this event. Unsure if that's worth it.
EDIT: Imgur was being stupid with the attempt to blot out the first address, should be fixed now
Last edited by Ghostytheghost on September 23rd, 2021, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, deadderek liked this
Alphagaia wrote:You might not want to put your home address here.
Weird part is that I did try with applying a photoshop brush over it, but when I uploaded it to Imgur, it just didn’t take it into effect. It was saved over the pic even, smh big time for photoshop
Ghostytheghost wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 12:30 pm
Alphagaia wrote:You might not want to put your home address here.
Weird part is that I did try with applying a photoshop brush over it, but when I uploaded it to Imgur, it just didn’t take it into effect. It was saved over the pic even, smh big time for photoshop
Weird? Sounds like you goofed and saved the image elsewhere and uploaded the original print screen. At least that happened to me more times than I'd like to admit.

All good now!
Ghostytheghost wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 12:22 pm Yeah uh, Empress is really far from me and it would take over a day on the road to get there just for this event. Unsure if that's worth it.
EDIT: Imgur was being stupid with the attempt to blot out the first address, should be fixed now

Holy shit you live next to me.
WorldofthePsychic wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 8:18 am
RichardLess wrote: September 22nd, 2021, 10:57 pm
Can we just ban the word “triggered” from fan discourse from now on? Here’s an idea. Everytime someone has the urge to use to word “triggered” swap the word “opinion”, “upset” or “care” in instead. Cool? Cool.

“Triggered” It’s a bit condescending and holier than thou, no? Maybe it’s just me.

“Oh look! Something provoked you enough to have an opinion! How can I make that person feel like an idiot for caring about something? Oh. Oh I know! I’ll use the name for the thing on a gun a person squeezes to make the bullet come out! A trigger! Yes. This will catch on and be used in pop culture debates exclusively!”- Some asshole
Alrighty then. There's a lot to unpack here. First of all, thanks for proving my point. Secondly, just curious if you noticed that you said the use of that word is condescending in between two examples of you being condescending yourself.

In regards to opinions, my opinion was that folks were being unnecessarily critical and negative over a simple promotional tool, so I voiced it. It was not my intention to be condescending to anyone, thus why I didn't quote any specific opinion. Everyone's opinion is just as valid as mine, and at the end of the day mine is irrelevant. It's just conversation among fans, right?

But if that word is the only focus of my opinion, I'll switch to "provoked" from hence forth. Sound good?
There really wasn’t all that much to unpack was there? I mean, you used the word triggered. I was all “that word sucks”. Not much more to it than that.

But let’s unpack your unpacking of my packing.

Thanks for proving your point? …if what I typed proved your point, by George you did a really not awesome job of stating what your point was. Your point was people being “triggered” over a poster. I was “triggered” over the use of the word triggered. So…groovy? And honestly. If you thought I was completely serious about banning a word…oh boy. My tongue was so far into my cheek that I looked a squirrel with nuts in my mouth. Don’t get me wrong…I dislike the word and think it’s overused like other silly terms like “woke” & “snowflake”.
But I don’t seriously want to ban the word. Or think it should be banned. I guess I just see a lot of trolls use it ya know? Like “ why you so triggered Bro?” That sort of thing. Your use wasn’t that bad or egregious but the word itself has become a “go to” word for people trying to start shit.

The only remotely serious part of that is me saying “triggered” is a bit condescending. Which…it is. Or can be.

And yes. I was aware of my post containing just a pinch of condescendingness(which isn’t a word but should be). But I can get away with that because I’m a hypocrite. A self aware hypocrite but a hypocrite none the less.

But in all seriousness by all means, continue using the word.

I should have just responded with “No one was triggered by the poster. Just people giving opinions is all” but damn it. I just can’t help myself.

So how bout them Ghostbusters eh folks? What with their Ghostbusting & such.

I do agree with the sentiment that the cornfield motif is a bit played out. It made for an interesting first poster. But let’s move on from that. I think a poster with the Jumpsuits hanging up, a bit battered from time, with the name tags visible, would’ve been cool. Tag line “Suit Up. We Got One. 2021” or something like that.
deadderek liked this
RichardLess wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 2:21 pm Thanks for proving your point?
The point being that even a poster *provokes* contrarians. Turns out, don't need a poster at all, just that one word will do the trick. (Ironic.)

But anyway, I usually ignore and move on from these types of things, but I found this particularly amusing this morning. As long as you're aware of your own hypocrisy, good, own it. Self awareness is a beautiful thing to share with dolphins.

No hard feelings I hope... Just a little back and forth. And I learned a word that people really don't seem to like, so a feather in my cap.
Last edited by WorldofthePsychic on September 23rd, 2021, 3:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I do wonder why they've departed from the traditional typeface font and letter glow... Given Jason went to the effort to find it in the archives for the teaser, it's strange it was set aside for a somewhat similar, but distinctly different typeface. Same too with the logo glow... I mean, for us Ghostheads, after seeing Ecto-1 and proton stream in the trailer, this was the other big visual element that screamed "ghostbusters":

WorldofthePsychic, Corey91, deadderek and 3 others liked this
So heres a neat tidbit.

Tonight all the local franchises were on hand for the premier of the new Ray Parker Jr. documentary.

We had an absolute blast of course, and the man was more than happy to sign autographs and take pictures.

Here's the interesting part.

We were shown a brand new (and fully finished) Ray Parker Jr Ghostbusters music video that was made about 3-ish years ago right before Afterlife was given the green light.*

We asked "How come this was never released? This is amazing."

The answer we got was that Sony was good to go until the new movie was greenlit and that they didn't want to "confuse" the public.

Before we could ask for more details a PR person interrupted us sadly. :(

But neat to think about, and hopefully one day the new music video sees the light of day.

*to clarify the music video was not part of the documentary.

Love his signature on my Steelbook:

deadderek wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 11:21 pm We were shown a brand new (and fully finished) Ray Parker Jr Ghostbusters music video that was made about 3-ish years ago right before Afterlife was given the green light.*

We asked "How come this was never released? This is amazing."

The answer we got was that Sony was good to go until the new movie was greenlit and that they didn't want to "confuse" the public.
Hmm. Perhaps this was done for Fan Fest and going to be played there, the 35th anniversary in 2019, or if was going to be released in conjunction with the single being re-released in April 2020 (Wal-Mart had a vinyl exclusive).

"Confuse the public," groan, I've heard that before. <cough>IDW<cough>

Curious how Menahan Street Band's cover for Afterlife will sound like.
deadderek, Kingpin liked this
deadderek wrote: September 23rd, 2021, 11:21 pm The answer we got was that Sony was good to go until the new movie was greenlit and that they didn't want to "confuse" the public.
*coughthat'snonsensicalbullshitcough*
mrmichaelt, deadderek, robbritton and 2 others liked this
Kalonthar wrote: September 24th, 2021, 2:36 am I've been wondering about those since they were posted. Nice to finally know what they were for.
Oh, yeah. Good memory. Some thought it had to do with his documentary. He posted them back in May 2019 on his facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3089209952

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php? ... 3089209952
deadderek liked this
Yes, if I could I would move the posts to the RPJ thread I started in the general discussion thread I would. This is starting to get OT after the sliver of info that Afterlife torpedoed the music video there's not much more relation to the new movie. If the convo could please continue in the following thread I've linked, and this thread stick to Afterlife.
viewtopic.php?f=37&p=4956018#p4956018

Actually, bringing it back to the cover song. There was supposedly a record album of it played in the movie if I remember the article correctly. I didn't spot it in the Tested video tour of the Farmhouse. I guess it was either off screen when they were in the dining room or studio.
Kingpin liked this
On newsstands from Thursday 30 September! New articles and new pics on Afterlife!
mod note: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... -revealed/

Last edited by deadderek on September 24th, 2021, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Alphagaia, Kingpin, robbritton and 4 others liked this

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]

Proton Props???

Ugly Little Spud, Did you actually get the pack?[…]