Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
Thanks for bearing with us as we got a final answer regarding spoilers.

If I've interpretted AJ's response correctly, it's his view that spoilers can be discussed freely if they're in the Afterlife discussion forum.

~

If we do get any take-down requests from Ghost Corps or Sony, we will honour them... But until then, have at it.

Some of you had already guessed this long ago, but this was the spoiler that cropped up the other day:
This Post Contains Spoilers
deadderek, pizzarat, Sav C and 3 others liked this
Kingpin wrote: September 28th, 2021, 3:19 pm Thanks for bearing with us as we got a final answer regarding spoilers.

If I've interpretted AJ's response correctly, it's his view that spoilers can be discussed freely if they're in the Afterlife discussion forum.

~

If we do get any take-down requests from Ghost Corps or Sony, we will honour them... But until then, have at it.

Some of you had already guessed this long ago, but this was the spoiler that cropped up the other day:
Hell yeah! Great to hear!
SpaceBallz liked this
Kingpin wrote: September 28th, 2021, 3:19 pm Thanks for bearing with us as we got a final answer regarding spoilers.

~

Great! Is there any chance you can post the others next to Grooberson?
Jdavis777 wrote: September 28th, 2021, 2:08 pm Longggggg long time lurker, first time poster. It looks like Seaside Heights NJ is having a halloween fest on 10/22 10/23 and it will have the Ecto-1 from afterlife there to take pictures with!

https://wpst.com/first-ever-boardwalk-h ... eights-nj/
I doubt the validity of it being the actual Ecto-1 from Afterlife.
RiftsNTime wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:39 pm Great! Is there any chance you can post the others next to Grooberson?
Unfortunately the photo isn't mine. It was posted in the Afterlife spoilers group on Facebook where it'd been reposted from a Twitter account. The originating user hadn't posted any other shots of the stickers included.
Kingpin wrote: September 28th, 2021, 5:37 pm
RiftsNTime wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:39 pm Great! Is there any chance you can post the others next to Grooberson?
Unfortunately the photo isn't mine. It was posted in the Afterlife spoilers group on Facebook where it'd been reposted from a Twitter account. The originating user hadn't posted any other shots of the stickers included.
Ah, no problem. Cheers anyway :)
pizzarat wrote: September 28th, 2021, 4:25 pm Does anyone else remember when AJ mentioned the 1A parts were put away for "safe-keeping"? I found that intriguing, if only, because I was sure Sony was just going to trash them. Here's hoping they at least end up on-display at Ghost Corps.
Hmm, an "off-site storage location" I think. Wow, the old petition page is still up. Memories.
https://ecto-1a.gbfans.com/
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=33124&start=60
viewtopic.php?p=4902957#p4902957

I know around 2015~2017, Sony still had it in storage. At least 2 people know of its location. Troy Benjamin and Eric Reich went to where a Ecto-1a production car was stored and took archival photos and measurements then sent the information to Ian Moores for illustration when they worked on the Ectomobile book. Troy mentions it between the 40 and hour mark on Cross Rip ep. 340.
http://www.ghostbustershq.net/the-ghost ... er-16-2017
pizzarat, Corey91 liked this

~

Corey91 liked this
Iv'e seen alot of awesome popcorn buckets at Universal studios today, and yesterday. I'm going to say that something detailed like the Ecto, and with a collectable box will possibly run us about $60. They had a very cool Haloween themed minion for a little over $25 but if the thing lights up i'm guessing it's going to be spendy for those that can get a hold one. I hope $40 is the price we get but probably not.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want all those buckets, but I had priorties man. The Super Nintendo World pop up store was calling my name.
deadderek, Sav C liked this
EMPIRE posted their preview article. There's another photo from Ivan, Jason, and Ecto-1's photo shoot.
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/new ... -eternals/
timeware wrote:Iv'e seen alot of awesome popcorn buckets at Universal studios today, and yesterday. I'm going to say that something detailed like the Ecto, and with a collectable box will possibly run us about $60. They had a very cool Haloween themed minion for a little over $25 but if the thing lights up i'm guessing it's going to be spendy for those that can get a hold one. I hope $40 is the price we get but probably not.

I would be lying if I said I didn't want all those buckets, but I had priorties man. The Super Nintendo World pop up store was calling my name.
I would bet if New York had a prominent role, there would be popcorn buckets bearing the Firehouse.
Kingpin liked this
There's still time. Maybe they'll do that for Halloween Horror Nights next year. But man it would have been fun to do Halloween Horror Nights if the tickets weren't so damned expensive on top of getting into the park. The firehouse would be freaking awesome as a popcorn bucket. Best idea of the day.

The thought just crossed my mind as I'm looking at those large plush Mario hats I bought. I now have two more things in common with Nintendo's famous plumber. Well, aside from being Italian we both have a large ass and goofy hat's. Lol.
Which do you think is more effective...

Sealing off the portal and sending back Gozer and possibly the ghost of Ivo Shandor

or

sealing off the portal and trapping each of them and taking them back to the ECU.

I'm just wondering if they may be trapped instead and the OGB's take them back to NYC at the end of the movie.
Kingpin wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:21 am More potential music from the movie:

I definitely hear Elmer Bernstein's original Ghostbusters score in there, along with a dash of his work on The Magnificent Seven, and... a tiny bit of influence from Aaron Copland's Our Town?

I like how upbeat and sweet this score music sounds without leaning into saccharine.
Alphagaia wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:39 am
Kingpin wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:21 am More potential music from the movie:

Love the upbeat busy music behind it. Doesn't sound like a music for a ghost, but more fitting for when Phoebe is testing out the gear, the towns music or Podcasts motive.
I’m so curious how this kid ended up with the name “podcast” that I’m now hoping they don’t even address it and just go the entire movie acting like the name “Podcast” is as normal as calling someone Jim. Until Venkman meets the kid and hears the name & gives the most Venkman look ever to the camera ala Elaine’s Alien encounter in GB2
seekandannoy liked this
Alphagaia wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:39 am Love the upbeat busy music behind it. Doesn't sound like a music for a ghost, but more fitting for when Phoebe is testing out the gear, the towns music or Podcasts motive.
Agreed, feels like an early track in the movie like perhaps Trevor walking around Summerville for the first time and taking in the hustle and bustle before any of the supernatural stuff hits or even before he finds Ecto-1. Maybe even right before he applies for a job with Lucky.
mrmichaelt wrote: September 29th, 2021, 9:40 pm
Alphagaia wrote: September 29th, 2021, 11:39 am Love the upbeat busy music behind it. Doesn't sound like a music for a ghost, but more fitting for when Phoebe is testing out the gear, the towns music or Podcasts motive.
Agreed, feels like an early track in the movie like perhaps Trevor walking around Summerville for the first time and taking in the hustle and bustle before any of the supernatural stuff hits or even before he finds Ecto-1. Maybe even right before he applies for a job with Lucky.
Think you nailed it with that one. Can practically see it in my mind's eye.

Really interesting way of revealing stuff. Could care less about the Muncher Cookies, but it's a nice new way to promote them.
mrmichaelt liked this
Picked up the new Empire on the school run this morning. Nothing really new from the film itself, aside from a new Ecto Muncher chase shot, but it's a lovely interview with Ivan and Jason.

In terms of spoilers, there's only really confirmations of things most sensible people long already figured, but just in case there were still even an inkling of doubt with anyone here:
Alphagaia, mrmichaelt liked this
Logan Kim just released this picture!
https://twitter.com/Logan_Kimchi/status ... 3611001867

Alphagaia, groschopf, Sav C and 3 others liked this
There must be a containment Unit at the farm or in the Ecto somewhere. At least the Real Ghostbusters made it seem like there was a time limit on how long you could keep an entity inside. It would be a wasted effort to go through all that trouble to capture Muncher if Egon didn't leave some kind of back up plan.

So far we assume that there's more then one Trap which we know 90 percent likely has the new terror dog or it becomes upright from possessing someone. I'm thinking no time limit on the movie traps? If Egon couldn't pay the electric bills I don't see him being able to afford a long term generator unless he rigged some kind of solar contraption together.

It would be quite the twist if Rudd end's up being related to the Shandors without knowing it and that little bit of Shandor ancestry allows Ivo to come back in some way.
timeware wrote:There must be a containment Unit at the farm or in the Ecto somewhere. At least the Real Ghostbusters made it seem like there was a time limit on how long you could keep an entity inside. It would be a wasted effort to go through all that trouble to capture Muncher if Egon didn't leave some kind of back up plan.

So far we assume that there's more then one Trap which we know 90 percent likely has the new terror dog or it becomes upright from possessing someone. I'm thinking no time limit on the movie traps? If Egon couldn't pay the electric bills I don't see him being able to afford a long term generator unless he rigged some kind of solar contraption together.

It would be quite the twist if Rudd end's up being related to the Shandors without knowing it and that little bit of Shandor ancestry allows Ivo to come back in some way.
I think that the "He could barely keep the power on" was a deceptive edit. I think he struggled to keep the power on because he has a ECU running at the farm, and he needed to install his own means of generating electricity - hence those weird silos with antennas on top of them.
deadderek, groschopf liked this
philmorgan81 wrote: September 30th, 2021, 11:14 am Yeah I think the cylos are important are important for something. There is a quick clip of one of them sparkng in trailer 2. So I am thinking something significant happens there. :):):)
For sure. I get a "containment unit being shut down" vibe from that. I wonder if Egon had to appear crazy to the townsfolk so they wouldn't think he had an ECU on his property.

Maybe he was hoovering up every spirit being drawn to Oklahoma to prevent a critical PKE mass that would result in a dimensional rift opening.

Dr.D liked this
Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]