Discuss Ghostbusters: Afterlife, released on November 19, 2021 and directed by Jason Reitman.
I could see a sequel to Afterlife being basically like "IT". kids dealing with ghosts in their town with ghostbusting gadgets Egon hid away. They are just kids after all. And unless they have a growth spurt in a few years then they will just be teenagers.

I think the reason why this film is the way it is, is because they want to change up the formula so Ghostbusters doesn't just have to stand for a business venture. Even Reitman himself said he could see multiple types of directions the franchise could go
Last edited by K_Centric0001 on October 19th, 2021, 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
tylergfoster liked this
GhostbustersZorge wrote: October 19th, 2021, 11:58 am
Grooberson: Das Ding ist echt.
"This thing is real"

Phoebe: Wollen wir sie öffnen?
"Shall we open it?"

Phoebe: Was haben wir da freigelassen?
"What did we release there?"

Grooberson: Ich glaube wir öffnen das Tor zur Hölle!
"I think we are opening the gates to hell!"

So you are basically absolute correct. Except for the Podcast Phoebe switch up.
VIELEN DANKE!

I'm not good at speaking or hearing German, so I used context clues in conjunction with the few words I can identify audibly.
GhostbustersZorge liked this
ZedR wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:34 amMajor Spoilers posted by Nerdist, and subsequently on Yahoo!

Read at your own risk!
This Post Contains Spoilers
Also - YES!!!!!
Davideverona wrote:I think that
If anyone wants to get a read on how regular folk feel about this movie(and the new poster) check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... afterlife/

It’s…not great. A lot of fair criticism on the idea of Baby Stay Puft and other issues. These aren’t huge Ghostbusters fans, mostly just regular people.
groschopf, tylergfoster liked this
RichardLess wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:49 pm If anyone wants to get a read on how regular folk feel about this movie(and the new poster) check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... afterlife/

It’s…not great. A lot of fair criticism on the idea of Baby Stay Puft and other issues. These aren’t huge Ghostbusters fans, mostly just regular people.
HOLY CRAP

... that poster is at the top of the page, has 23,200 upvotes, and 2,700 comments? I don't see this as a bad thing!

The top comment thread is hilarious. I don't mind people ribbing the Minion Pufts. Just feels like people having fun :D

Sure, there's some snark—but I'd expect a platform like Reddit to be far more abrasive than what I've read. Granted, I haven't seen every comment. There are so many people interacting with the post!

I think I'm turning into a "mood slime jar is half full" kind of guy.
Corey91, SpaceBallz liked this
groschopf wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:22 pm
RichardLess wrote: October 19th, 2021, 6:49 pm If anyone wants to get a read on how regular folk feel about this movie(and the new poster) check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... afterlife/

HOLY CRAP

... that poster is at the top of the page, has 23,200 upvotes, and 2,700 comments? I don't see this as a bad thing!

The top comment thread is hilarious. I don't mind people ribbing the Minion Pufts. Just feels like people having fun :D

Sure, there's some snark—but I'd expect a platform like Reddit to be far more abrasive than what I've read. Granted, I haven't seen every comment. There are so many people interacting with the post!

I think I'm turning into a "mood slime jar is half full" kind of guy.
Sure, these folks aren't specific GB nuts like us, but anyone who uses the internet outside of Facebook or Instagram is still too niche of a group to speak for the general audience. Regular folks who walk the street aren't posting in a movies subreddit. The internet isn't an accurate barometer for anything related to the public at large, no matter the group. FB has a wide enough, pedestrian base that I might give it some thought. But beyond that, anywhere else is still a narrow group of people.

Don't overthink it. I don't think GB has enough mainstream attention to guarantee some kind of billion dollar hit, but the property is certainly known, thanks in large part to the theme song continuing to permeate pop culture.

I work at Starbucks and a fair amount of my co-workers (everyday folks in their early to mid 20s) still didn't know GB:A was coming. THAT's more reflective of the general populace. If the movie's good, word of mouth is going to be what makes it money--average people don't know enough about GB to have much of an opinion on it either way. Trust me.
I dunno guys,

For me, im just happy we finally have a continual “third” film after all these damn years. Im not gonna over analyze what its success will determine. Im just taking in the ride that its almost here.

I already love Ghostbusters, and i will continue to after the films released or whatever other adventures are in front of us. Its been a wild ride.

GB doesnt need to “live” on in the mainstream, if the movie does poor or its forgotten after the hype..so be it, The numbers dont matter. If Ghostbusters was meant to be some kids or persons favorite thing, it will find them.

Ps—what the heck is a zaxby? Im from the philly area.
RedSpecial, Kingpin, lozbloke and 2 others liked this

That was stupid of me to sort by new…
RichardLess wrote:If anyone wants to get a read on how regular folk feel about this movie(and the new poster) check out this link: https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comment ... afterlife/

I don’t think r/movies is ‘regular folks’ tbf.

Also the Mini Puft idea dates back to the original 80’s comic run, and anyone who uses either Groot or Yoda as a reference are filling their nappies with too many contemporary Disney movies. Clearly, Gremlins-inspired if anything (even Minions given the slapstick).

The other other lazy complaint is Stranger Things Busters which only works if you reduce the original movie down to one facet: irreverent comedy - and ignore the other genres mashed up in there eg. the horror is played straight. And also the cartoon which regularly veered into other moods and sentimentality.

The real mainstream, regular folks won’t be on reddit analysing posters, but the one thing I do agree with… I am not confident the movie is going to draw them to the cinema. I think talk has been more positive than ATC, but it’s a concern.
deadderek, mrmichaelt, Sav C and 3 others liked this
ZedR wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:34 amMajor Spoilers posted by Nerdist, and subsequently on Yahoo!

Read at your own risk!
Also - YES!!!!!
Fantastic. This is exactly how I expected it to go. Bittersweet.
philmorgan81 liked this
Chicken, He Clucked wrote: October 19th, 2021, 10:24 pm The real mainstream, regular folks won’t be on reddit analysing posters, but the one thing I do agree with… I am not confident the movie is going to draw them to the cinema. I think talk has been more positive than ATC, but it’s a concern.
Yeah, when I'm feeling nervous I can see this being a Dredd or Blade Runner 2049, where the majority of the notices are fantastic, the film is excellent, but no one turns up for it.

It's not for the sake of being negative or doom-mongering, it's just that Ghostbusters' cultural cache is more in line with the popularity of The Terminator than Star Wars, and that history of legacy sequel reception (putting aside the quality for a sec) has not been great.

Which is where word-of-mouth will come in if it is as good as some reviews suggest, because unlike Dredd and Blade Runner, you can take the kids to this one - and that's always a good crowd. Plus, there's a lot of folks rabid about Finn Wolfhard which can't harm it either.

I feel like I'm getting ready for a first gig! So much can go wrong, so much can go right! I almost wish I could just have it in isolation and not have to worry about all this! :D
tylergfoster liked this
TheLegendOfMart wrote: October 20th, 2021, 1:31 am

Read at your own risk!
Also - YES!!!!!
Fantastic. This is exactly how I expected it to go. Bittersweet.

Okay I love the fact that this thing didn’t really spoil the way the final act plays out.

That being said:
Just a random thought. :):):)
BatDan wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:53 pm Ps—what the heck is a zaxby? Im from the philly area.
-A poor choice in fast food chain. 910 restaurants, located mostly (if not completely) in the southern states.

McDonald's in comparison had closer to 13,837 across the continental US, and Burger King 7,257.
deadderek, BatDan liked this

As others have said those aren't "ordinary people." It's mostly a bunch of angsty, snooty gen z. I saw a bunch of them praising the last jedi in a post unrelated to star wars. Safe to say they're not a good barometer.
deadderek, Sav C, Wafflerobot and 1 others liked this
Davideverona wrote: October 20th, 2021, 3:16 am And
:):):)
Bison256 wrote: October 20th, 2021, 3:40 am

As others have said those aren't "ordinary people." It's mostly a bunch of angsty, snooty gen z. I saw a bunch of them praising the last jedi in a post unrelated to star wars. Safe to say they're not a good barometer.
Agreed.

Also, I tend to call this "The Trip Advisor Effect" - aka people are quicker to review / comment something negative online than something positive, much like Trip Advisor reviews.
Sav C liked this
Kingpin wrote: October 20th, 2021, 3:14 am
BatDan wrote: October 19th, 2021, 7:53 pm Ps—what the heck is a zaxby? Im from the philly area.
-A poor choice in fast food chain. 910 restaurants, located mostly (if not completely) in the southern states.

McDonald's in comparison had closer to 13,837 across the continental US, and Burger King 7,257.
Ahh okay…man these tie ins are kinda…odd. Like the Dunkin, krispey, and Caesar stuff but only avilable in certain countries? :whatever:

Bring back the Hardees sundae!! (Can make it blue this time for Muncher)

Id also be all over some Mcdonalds happy meal toys right about now.

On an unrelated note, were getting solo screenings of GB1 this halloween. That kinda bums me out, has me thinking that a “franchise screening” of 1, 2, and Afterlife is not coming to fruition in November
Kingpin liked this
mrmichaelt wrote: October 20th, 2021, 5:04 am Bummer, the Art and Making of Ghostbusters: Afterlife book has been delayed to December 7.
Damn. My #1 Christmas Boutique gift item.
BatDan, mrmichaelt, Sav C and 2 others liked this
K_Centric0001 wrote: October 19th, 2021, 12:56 pm I could see a sequel to Afterlife being basically like "IT". kids dealing with ghosts in their town with ghostbusting gadgets Egon hid away. They are just kids after all. And unless they have a growth spurt in a few years then they will just be teenagers.

I think the reason why this film is the way it is, is because they want to change up the formula so Ghostbusters doesn't just have to stand for a business venture. Even Reitman himself said he could see multiple types of directions the franchise could go
In fairness. Finn Wolfhard is 18, and Mckenna Grace is 15.
MagicPrime wrote: October 20th, 2021, 7:21 am In fairness. Finn Wolfhard is 18, and Mckenna Grace is 15.
In the film they are probably meant to be at least 2 years younger than that. And even if they timed jumped. The most you could say is that they are 18-21. Although time jumping kids into adults in movies is very rare. They usually want to keep them as kids. Which is why they cast teenagers as kids, so they look young the longest, and not adults as teenagers because those looks fade fairly quick.

I have seen The Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon, but even then i don't buy the idea that these kids/teens will be the new working ghostbusters at the firehouse.
Proton Props UK

Considering David orders most of the parts he do[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]