Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
By featofstrength
Welp...Hasbro has earned back the title of Hasblow. Goodbye, Ecto-1...that AMC popcorn bucket is my only hope.

Super 7's made-to-order gameplan would absolutely fit with this license.

I would like to bury any NECA talk. Have you handled their "The Thing" MacReady figure's flamethrower? The handle on my thrower snapped just trying to fit it into the figures hands! And just waiting for the thin pack frame to bite it from something a simple as the figure falling over on the shelf. Add those worries to proton packs x4!!! Ive also had many a snapped knee joint from them on Batman, Gremlins, and the new American Werewolf Nightmare Soldier.
By ccv66
I'm hoping Hasbro is holding back on new stuff to prevent spoilers, but I'm not overly optimistic.

Each company has their pros and cons. The neca slimer is gorgeous. I wish we got a Ghostbusters line that went as deep as Necas TMNT, but it's also notorious for scalpers and limbs breaking off. It's not a toy line for kids, which kind of defeats the purpose.
I like everything hasbros done, probably going to be disappointed on what they don't do
By mrmichaelt
Description in PR out today. Some of the cast of Afterlife will be in attendance.

" GHOSTBUSTERS SEGMENT

We couldn’t be more excited for GHOSTBUSTERS at Hasbro Pulse Con 2021. Although we may not have any new toy reveals, we have plenty of exciting things to share, including an exclusive Ghostbusters: Afterlife clip. Join us to see our special guests and check out what surprise content we have for Ghostbusters!"
By Ectojeff88
I’m just so confused. Hasbro is a toy company. No new toy announcements, but they have a clip and cast presence.
What could these other surprises even be coming from Hasbro if not toys?
deadderek liked this
By Chicken, He Clucked
If not toys could be all sorts of fluff promo stuff for the exiting lines - eg.

Demonstration of the Afterlife tie-in gear for kids.
Getting the cast to use the plasma series toys.
Hints or surprise reveal of future products.
The new toys in an 80's style commercial or animation.
More behind the scenes videos hinting at further Kenner line re-releases.
A community poll on what toy they bring back next?

etc. etc.
RedSpecial liked this
By Ecto24601
So we finally get the Haslab Proton pack. Kinda excited for that, but they could have put up more details if they reveal it anyways...and why on god's green flat earth did they not show more of Phoebe's action figure?? It looked like her proton stream was a bit different too, at least from the glimpse I caught. Presentation was cringe-worthy as before.
By VenomSymbiote
I just hope the pack isn't over 500. Like if it's 600 I'd probably still grab it but when you start getting higher and higher it just becomes less viable for me to back it. Here's hoping it's good quality and affordable.
By Broccoli
I was always thinking that if Hasbro made proton pack, it would be a HasLab project. Now, time to start speculating. My hope would be that it is a 84/89 pack, but with one of the "unlockables" to be an upgrade kit for Afterlife. That way, you can connect the Spengler wand to it (for those who have it). However, my gut says it will most likely be the Afterlife pack with no wand.
By zeta otaku
There's a new clip on Facebook from HasLab. It's the pack with no wand. it's a quick video with the pack on a chair or something, classic start up sound (overlaid on the video, NOT the pack) with the powercell lighting up and staying static. No cyclotron lights. That said, it's just a teaser clip and I DOUBT they'd forget to light the cyclotron. We're just gonna have to be patient for another 4 days to see what features it really has.
By Coover5
Looking at the video I think it might be on a stand they will include. I'm just speculating because the video is so dark but they do tend to include stands.
By VenomSymbiote
zeta otaku wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 4:49 pm There's a new clip on Facebook from HasLab. It's the pack with no wand. it's a quick video with the pack on a chair or something, classic start up sound (overlaid on the video, NOT the pack) with the powercell lighting up and staying static. No cyclotron lights. That said, it's just a teaser clip and I DOUBT they'd forget to light the cyclotron. We're just gonna have to be patient for another 4 days to see what features it really has.
Sucks for those who didn't grab the wand already, but that should make it cheaper on those that did. Any idea what the price of this could be? Since it doesn't have the wand that should cut the price down. I hope it's not more than 500 but I'm sure folks around here would know a better ballpark. I could squeeze it up to 1,000 but I'd really rather not do that.
By zeta otaku
Okay, the wand was $100 and did 99% of what the Mattel did and more (short of the barrel retracting, but that function weakened or outright broke over time in a LOT of throwers I've seen). Like, $100 for an ACCURATE (to Afterlife anyway) thrower.

As others have said, I'd be shocked if it falls outside the $300-$500 range. So, for a complete set: $600 MAX. That's $200 less than I paid for in parts for my last 2 packs I've built and HALF of the cheapest semi-accurate packs I've seen sold here and elsewhere.

The downsides on this pack? Well, it's a Spengler Afterlife pack and not everyone LIKES that. It also won't have interaction with the Spengler wand they sell (unless there's some wireless tech in there no one has brought up in any tear downs). The upsdies? It's an Afterlife Spengler pack. It's the first commercially available 1:1 scale proton pack we've ever gotten that doesn't need to be built from many many bags of parts. It'll be light weight. It'll be moddable! I mean, sure, EVERYTHING is moddable with enough work, but look around. We have some INSANE people in the community who have been making custom hardware and electronics for proton packs for YEARS. I can't wait to see what these maniacs come up with for this pack going forward :D

I am absolutely THRILLED for this proton pack and it's coming at a great time for me personally as my current pack is just too heavy for me these days (been sick for over a year that's REALLY taken a toll on me physically) and having a pack under 45lbs is going to be a blessing :D
jonogunn, VenomSymbiote liked this
By Coover5
I am expecting it to be about $750. If I had to name a "Holy sh*t, it's how low???" price it would be $300 but that is if the pack is made at the expense of some details.
By jonogunn
VenomSymbiote wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:40 pm
zeta otaku wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 4:49 pm There's a new clip on Facebook from HasLab. It's the pack with no wand. it's a quick video with the pack on a chair or something, classic start up sound (overlaid on the video, NOT the pack) with the powercell lighting up and staying static. No cyclotron lights. That said, it's just a teaser clip and I DOUBT they'd forget to light the cyclotron. We're just gonna have to be patient for another 4 days to see what features it really has.
Sucks for those who didn't grab the wand already, but that should make it cheaper on those that did. Any idea what the price of this could be? Since it doesn't have the wand that should cut the price down. I hope it's not more than 500 but I'm sure folks around here would know a better ballpark. I could squeeze it up to 1,000 but I'd really rather not do that.
The wand is still for sale is it not?
By ccv66
You think it would be easy more desirable to make original pack, even if you had to buy the ,84/89 wand separately. Almost an excuse to make another wand to communicate to the pack. But I think zeta's right, probably an afterlife pack. There going to be a sweet spot between price and quality or it might be a pass for me.
I wonder if Hasbro legally make original movie packs, with other companies having prop licenses.
By ccv66
Didn't take a good look at it and I've been trying to avoid all the commercials. Trying to go in blind.

Someone who knows more than me:

Let's say they make an adapter that replaces the wand battery pack and moves the batteries to the proton pack. Could you create a board that measures the amps going to the wand and use those measurements to simultaneously run the lights and sound on the proton pack?

Like every time the wand draws so many amps for the lights, speakers and motor, the pack is programmed to speed up the lights and play sound effects, shut off after 30 secs ect...
By zeta otaku
Seeing as how we have an adapter board to connect to the newer GBFans light kits to change the cyclotron light colors depending on the mode you have the thrower in, I'd have to assume it's possible? Seems a bit more advanced, but I think that'd have to be answered by one of our local board tech geniuses
ccv66 liked this
By VenomSymbiote
zeta otaku wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 5:52 pm Okay, the wand was $100 and did 99% of what the Mattel did and more (short of the barrel retracting, but that function weakened or outright broke over time in a LOT of throwers I've seen). Like, $100 for an ACCURATE (to Afterlife anyway) thrower.

As others have said, I'd be shocked if it falls outside the $300-$500 range. So, for a complete set: $600 MAX. That's $200 less than I paid for in parts for my last 2 packs I've built and HALF of the cheapest semi-accurate packs I've seen sold here and elsewhere.

The downsides on this pack? Well, it's a Spengler Afterlife pack and not everyone LIKES that. It also won't have interaction with the Spengler wand they sell (unless there's some wireless tech in there no one has brought up in any tear downs). The upsdies? It's an Afterlife Spengler pack. It's the first commercially available 1:1 scale proton pack we've ever gotten that doesn't need to be built from many many bags of parts. It'll be light weight. It'll be moddable! I mean, sure, EVERYTHING is moddable with enough work, but look around. We have some INSANE people in the community who have been making custom hardware and electronics for proton packs for YEARS. I can't wait to see what these maniacs come up with for this pack going forward :D

I am absolutely THRILLED for this proton pack and it's coming at a great time for me personally as my current pack is just too heavy for me these days (been sick for over a year that's REALLY taken a toll on me physically) and having a pack under 45lbs is going to be a blessing :D
I don't mind it's the Afterlife pack. I've not paid too close attention since I want to know as little going in as possible. From what little I've seen the pack/thrower is still basically the same gist of the originals. Sure there's more things here and there but overall it's still a Proton Pack to me. I even like the added wooden grip on the wand, for example. I can understand people being disappointed, but at least this pack is a genuine continuation of the old ones. One of the backer tiers may even be the ability to make it look more like the original.
By zeta otaku
Absolutely. While no one knows how difficult it'll be to convert this pack into an 84/89 pack, the Spengler wand is EASILY modded into a classic thrower. There's a filler piece you can buy/print for the rear grip and a cover piece for the front grip (a LITTLE bit of extra modding may be needed to the front area).
By Kingpin
zeta otaku wrote: October 24th, 2021, 1:02 am the Spengler wand is EASILY modded into a classic thrower.
It can be achieved, but I wouldn't say it's "easy". An easy mod is say, taking some silver or black sharpie and changing a small detail, not replacing the assembly of both grips.
By zeta otaku
Kingpin wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:50 am
zeta otaku wrote: October 24th, 2021, 1:02 am the Spengler wand is EASILY modded into a classic thrower.
It can be achieved, but I wouldn't say it's "easy". An easy mod is say, taking some silver or black sharpie and changing a small detail, not replacing the assembly of both grips.

Fair point and I apologize for that.

A thought dawned on me though: is it possible the pack may come with a new insert that replaces the battery plug in the handle? Like some kind of interface that could, in fact, connect the pack and thrower functions?
By deadderek
Facebook group has been setup for HasLab modders: https://www.facebook.com/groups/haslabp ... ckmodders/
ccv66 liked this
By jonogunn
zeta otaku wrote: October 24th, 2021, 8:42 am
Kingpin wrote: October 24th, 2021, 7:50 am

Fair point and I apologize for that.

A thought dawned on me though: is it possible the pack may come with a new insert that replaces the battery plug in the handle? Like some kind of interface that could, in fact, connect the pack and thrower functions?
that would be the only way as there's no way they would make consumers open up their product and do internal tinkering.

That said if it doesn't interact with the wand then they must have came up with this idea after producing the wand
Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]