This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Spongeface wrote: October 12th, 2021, 2:29 pm I purchased two different LED bulbs on amazon:
LUMENEX X0029816F5, 912 921 T15 W16W white, 12V, https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VMDFN6M
BOAOSI 912 921 LED, 12V-24V https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08R8FC6JM

This particular LUMENEX had a polished metal and curved-in-at-end lens holder that also had a slightly larger lens.
The BOAOSA looked like most of what were available in a quick search. More of a brushed metal finish and a squared off lens holder.

Are there any end-on images of the tip to see which of these is more accurate?

https://www.ghostlab42.com/img/Afterlif ... _front.jpg

https://www.ghostlab42.com/img/Afterlif ... _top_1.jpg

https://www.ghostlab42.com/img/Afterlif ... _top_2.jpg
I've just been through all the photos and none of them are end on unfortunately, unless there are some secret ones that aren't publicly available
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

It looks likes they either painted the top of the lamp white, or applied some sort of cap on it. The accurate led bulb model should be the BOAOSI one.

Just noticed that despite ordered the Lumenex bulbs shown above via Amazon.it, what I actually received is the BOAOSI type but under the Lumenex brand. Good for me as I think this is the correct one.
bondoking wrote:does anyone know what the green tape is that's on the wand? and where I can get some? It almost has a texture of medical tape...
Chris
General consensus is that it's OD Green Gaffers tape.
About a year ago when the Spengler wand photos dropped, I picked up a roll of old military suplus olive drab pressure tape on ebay that looks REALLY close and it was like $8.
bondoking liked this
Hi, really nice work! Have ordered some Neutrik connectors a minute ago. For the canon connector I will try an Amphenol connector. Seeing the Savage photos I played around with some old valve castings. Normally castings are not the best option for a good look. But the heavy weathering and black top makes it really nice. And it’s a good option for people in Europe, because you can’t get the real Clippards here so easy and shipping from the US is always a pain in the … I put some aluminum tape on it, too. The main color is satin black.
Kingpin, gerv liked this
Ned_Figglehorn wrote:Any leads on what type of wire was used for the grounding wires?
What do you think what kind of little Hexhead screws are used for it? The cable diameter looks almost the same like the heads.
I think it’s #2 unc, so the cable should be a AWG 14 silicone wire in brown?

Can anyone confirm that?
Last edited by METATRON on October 16th, 2021, 4:06 am, edited 2 times in total.
METATRON wrote: October 16th, 2021, 1:11 am
Ned_Figglehorn wrote:Any leads on what type of wire was used for the grounding wires?
What do you think what kind of little Hexhead screws are used for it? The cable diameter looks almost the same like the heads.
I think it’s #2 unc, so the cable should be a AWG 14 silicone wire in brown?

Can anyone confirm that?
I don't think they are hex head bolts, as there isn't really any shape. I think they are rivets, it looks like the wires were riveted from the inside of the pack.
Or maybe they actually are bolts, yes, but it looks like they damaged the hex shape on purpose.
Jimsy33 wrote: October 18th, 2021, 8:42 am I don't think they are hex head bolts, as there isn't really any shape. I think they are rivets, it looks like the wires were riveted from the inside of the pack.
Or maybe they actually are bolts, yes, but it looks like they damaged the hex shape on purpose.
If you zoom in on one of the shots showing those from the side you can see the knurling on the bolt heads, so I'm 99% certain they're bolts and not rivets.
Jimsy33 liked this
Been trying to get on here all day, looks like someone already beat me to posting the new tested video

Did anyone else catch punished props video with Ben eadie?

Ben mentions “shot gun grip”

I’ve been looking, I found a toy shot gun that is close but wasn’t close enough

Curious if it’s a found part or custom made job
mburkit liked this
halliwax wrote: October 19th, 2021, 4:59 pm Been trying to get on here all day, looks like someone already beat me to posting the new tested video

Did anyone else catch punished props video with Ben eadie?

Ben mentions “shot gun grip”

I’ve been looking, I found a toy shot gun that is close but wasn’t close enough

Curious if it’s a found part or custom made job
I don't think anyone has made a solid ID on the grip yet, We've seen a lot of grips that are very close to the screen used but nothing exact. I think it may be a real world grip that was modified specifically to fit the wand barrel.

Alright guys I need your help, put your detective hats on and lets ID this exact hose :)

It's most likely a Hydraulic Hose
It's Type 18752-DC -"This specification also requires spiral hose to exceed one million pressure impulse cycles according to ISO 18752 hose grade D, type DC."

SAE rated at either 100, 1000, or 10000 psi (electrical tape unfortunately partially covers this spec)

Says "Performance" on it
Ned_Figglehorn wrote: November 15th, 2021, 4:44 pm
So I was looking at the Savage reference photos again today and I noticed very faint raised "OFF" lettering mixed in with the dirt and texture on the switch.
Yup, its a Leviton 15 amp Single-Pole Toggle Light Switch; which you can get from Home Depot.

Here is my partially modified version of that switch. Since this photo was taken, I have cleaned it up more so there aren't seams between the switch and the added "nub".

If you need me to post a better photo of my switch since I've finished filling it in; I can do that later tonight.
This might not be the place, but just saw GB:AF 20 mins ago, no spoilers but it is an amazing movie. It is everything that GB1 was, but better/different. Yes, better than GB1.

The prop interpretations are also amazing. I haven't got specifics yet but from now on, for me... GB:AF is canon. All the '84 props are fleshed out. The interpretation of the props is 21st century.

I can't say much more in this thread. But believe me. The new movie is '84, but more!

I suppose at one point this thread will need to take into account spoilers from the new movie.

What an amazing film. Jason really is better (more modern) than Ivan.
One time wrote: November 17th, 2021, 4:41 pm This might not be the place, but just saw GB:AF 20 mins ago, no spoilers but it is an amazing movie. It is everything that GB1 was, but better/different. Yes, better than GB1.

The prop interpretations are also amazing. I haven't got specifics yet but from now on, for me... GB:AF is canon. All the '84 props are fleshed out. The interpretation of the props is 21st century.

I can't say much more in this thread. But believe me. The new movie is '84, but more!

I suppose at one point this thread will need to take into account spoilers from the new movie.

Yeah, I saw it on Monday night in NYC. It is a good film. I am sure we will talk some spoilers at some point within this thread for a few things that pertain to the proton packs, but let's wait a little bit before we get into that. I also think it will be easier if we get more behind the scenes footage of these props or we may need to wait until the bluray release to take screen caps.
One time wrote: November 17th, 2021, 4:41 pm This might not be the place, but just saw GB:AF 20 mins ago, no spoilers but it is an amazing movie. It is everything that GB1 was, but better/different. Yes, better than GB1.

you are absolutely on crack.
kahuna900, RedSpecial, mburkit and 1 others liked this
I have what might be a dumb question: how is the neutrona wand split loom hose attached to the Neutrik? All the pictures I've seen show that it's taped on with electrical tape, but what I'm wondering about is whether the split loom is slipped over the outside of the Neutrik body, or if it's somehow fitted inside the Neutrik body, then wrapped with the tape to secure it.

Also, has anyone replaced the end cap of the battery compartment of the Hasbro Spengler wand with a Neutrik?
THawke wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 5:07 pm I have what might be a dumb question: how is the neutrona wand split loom hose attached to the Neutrik? All the pictures I've seen show that it's taped on with electrical tape, but what I'm wondering about is whether the split loom is slipped over the outside of the Neutrik body, or if it's somehow fitted inside the Neutrik body, then wrapped with the tape to secure it.

Also, has anyone replaced the end cap of the battery compartment of the Hasbro Spengler wand with a Neutrik?
So, what I am going to say is just speculation, so this could be wrong. My guess is that the split loom is slipped over the end of the neutrik connector body and then electrical tape is wrapped around the split loom and the connector. I also believe there are at least 2 wires or a some sort of shielded wire running through the split loom, which would be connected to the neutrick connector. The reason I believe this is because in the video with Adam Savage handling the actual prop, the wand does not work until it is plugged into the pack through the split loom assembly. It would also help that assembly hold together better if there was wire running through the split loom, connecting the Cannon Connector and the Neutrik connector.
halliwax, THawke liked this
mburkit wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 5:43 pm
THawke wrote: November 23rd, 2021, 5:07 pm I have what might be a dumb question: how is the neutrona wand split loom hose attached to the Neutrik? All the pictures I've seen show that it's taped on with electrical tape, but what I'm wondering about is whether the split loom is slipped over the outside of the Neutrik body, or if it's somehow fitted inside the Neutrik body, then wrapped with the tape to secure it.

So, what I am going to say is just speculation, so this could be wrong. My guess is that the split loom is slipped over the end of the neutrik connector body and then electrical tape is wrapped around the split loom and the connector. I also believe there are at least 2 wires or a some sort of shielded wire running through the split loom, which would be connected to the neutrick connector. The reason I believe this is because in the video with Adam Savage handling the actual prop, the wand does not work until it is plugged into the pack through the split loom assembly. It would also help that assembly hold together better if there was wire running through the split loom, connecting the Cannon Connector and the Neutrik connector.
i was up late last night trying to figure out how to make this connector work with the spongeface electronics kit..
mburkit liked this
Hasbro Ghostbusters

While you're 100% correct about the function[…]

Uniform Tips

It does rain frequently here in London, but not to[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]