The plans were initially done in AutoCAD where I a top look for the overall wand and then some elevations of the central box so I could print them out to use as drill patterns.
Work began in earnest this year when I started actual assembly. The first thing I did was cut out the side panels from 1/8" Styrene. This was a huge pain in the ass because I did it using an xacto knife and the stuff was way harder to cut than I was expecting. I eventually got the pieces cut, drilled and sanded so they're close enough.
The central box was a 4.5" x 3.5" x 2.2" project box and the entire build was built around that. I drilled the matching holes for the side panels into the box and then cut out the big hole on top for the main switch.
Then the holes were drilled out for the central pipe which is 3/4" PVC conduit.
The pipe has been cut down to size (still going to take another inch or so off for the final product), a hole was drilled for the light on top of the box, two conduit couplers have been cut down to size, and a hold drilled in one of them to add a switch.
And this is where it sits now more or less. Everything has been sanded and prepped for paint. Hoping to get that started and mostly finished this weekend.