Talk about the your favorite Ghostbusters Collectibles from Mattel, Kenner, and more.
I got the neutrona wand for christmas, and although I've seen various reviews before, getting in touch with it personally was way cooler than I thought. However there are things that I really miss and some I find rather odd. Missing an aux port combined with the battery placement is probably one of the biggest downsides to it. There's no power down sound once you stop shooting the proton stream. Speaking of which, you can turn off the lights switch and still activate and fire the wand, which I find rather bad. The bargraph would have been way cooler with more bar LEDs instead of the 5 bulbs. The small extending tube. And I hate that the overheat activates after just 10 seconds of blasting and shuts the whole thing down. It's great for what it offers, it looks and feels amazing, I'm really thankful that we got an authentic wand for only the second time since 1984. But it's not the bestest-replica-evaarrrr as many reviews I had watched made it look like. The Mattel wand in comparison now looks a bit more like a toy but was better in some of the aspects I just mentioned.
Ecto24601 wrote: January 8th, 2021, 12:24 pm And I hate that the overheat activates after just 10 seconds of blasting and shuts the whole thing down.
But... have you tried blasting in time with Egon* while they were crossing the streams? I think you'll find the overheat kicks in just as the explosion starts and they all dive for cover ;)

* since this is "Spengler's" Neutrona wand
Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum but have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I've recently bought the Spengler's Plasma Neutrona Wand for my daughter, in addition to the Spirit Proton Pack. I was hoping to remove the wand from the Proton Pack and replace it with the new Neutrona Wand.

Unfortunately the proton pack is turned on via the on/off switch on the wand that came with the Proton Pack. Is there a reasonable way to disconnect the power button from the original wand to the new Neutrona Wand? I think that would make the most realistic proton pack setup to date.

Let me know, thanks for your help guys.
Jack Attack wrote: January 10th, 2021, 11:00 pm Hey Guys, I'm new to this forum but have a question that hopefully someone can answer. I've recently bought the Spengler's Plasma Neutrona Wand for my daughter, in addition to the Spirit Proton Pack. I was hoping to remove the wand from the Proton Pack and replace it with the new Neutrona Wand.

Unfortunately the proton pack is turned on via the on/off switch on the wand that came with the Proton Pack. Is there a reasonable way to disconnect the power button from the original wand to the new Neutrona Wand? I think that would make the most realistic proton pack setup to date.

Let me know, thanks for your help guys.
Nope, you'll have to choose one or the other. I gutted my spirit pack and added a frankengeek light kit and am using the spengler wand for sound. Check my build thread in the proton pack sub forum if that helps
I have a three Anovos Proton Packs which are actually pretty nice, but... you can upgrade parts and pieces. They came without lights and sound, so my first upgrade was adding lights. I did wire the switches to the proton wand. When the Hasbro wands came out, I took two wands and switched them, just to have a cheap way of adding sound.

I noticed the question above, about replacing the wand from a Spirit pack to the Hasbro one. Because I did wire my lights originally and did not want to even try wiring them to the Hasbro wands, instead I wired the packs light switch to a simple on off toggle switch. So for those wanting to upgrade the Spirit packs, I would isolate the two wires and just run an external switch for those and use the Hasbro wand.

The biggest visual issue I have seen with the Habro wand is the terrible Clippard replica valves. So, I decided to upgrade them with real Clippards. The first wand I worked on, I drilled out the plastic screw caps and took apart the entire wand. I had to do so to reach the upper chamber that holds the screw nuts on inside the housing. I then used a Dremel to cut out a center hole for the real Clippard mounting base and two more larger holes to thread the real Clippard screws in. IT WAS A LOT OF WORK. To note, I have 4 Hasbro wands, and I did not want to do that again on all four wands. I had to take pictures as disassembled everything and then carefully assemble everything back, about a 3 to 4 hour job for the one wand.

For the next three wands, I unscrewed the Hasbro Clippards out, Dremmeled a holed for the real Clippard and then carefully drill to holes that I could then real Clippard screws in. Half hour of work, much easier.
The result:

I am on somewhat of a budget, so if there was any change I would make first, it would be this modification.
The rest of the metal knobs can easily be accessed on the interior bottom level of the wands, still some work to drill out the plastic caps but very easy from there to pull out the panels they are mounted on and replace them with machined knobs. I actually though Hasbro did a super job on them so it's the last thing I plan on modding out as I want to add in real parts to my packs first. But as you can see, it makesa huge difference in looks and even feel with the Hasbro wands.
This post is for those that have been struggling with the aux mod, or anyone having a hard time soldering those tiny wires in that cramped wand, like myself. I found these low voltage wires taps that are made for 20 to 24 gauge wires like those on the wand's speaker. I just successfully used one of these to finally do the aux mod on my wand . Also pictured is the Bluetooth speaker I'm using. I have it strapped to the Alice frame with velcro straps so it can be removed to charge. It's a bluetooth speaker that has an aux in and also an am/fm tuner too. It's very loud and I'm very happy that I finally got this done. Hope this can help someone.

benvoliothefirst liked this
I made this for those who want a better grip and real tape.
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4601506

When I made this, it was intended to be used under tape only. It can be used to make your wand look more like the 84 one, but it will take more work to do so.
There's always been a slight gap on mine - TBH I don't think they're build with that kind of tolerance in mind :)
One thing I've read is not to let it pop out on it's own when pulling the release lever - I usually slow mine with my other hand.

Did you wrap your img link with a url tag too? Just img should be fine
Nighty80 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 4:25 pm There's always been a slight gap on mine - TBH I don't think they're build with that kind of tolerance in mind :)
One thing I've read is not to let it pop out on it's own when pulling the release lever - I usually slow mine with my other hand.

Did you wrap your img link with a url tag too? Just img should be fine
Do you know by any chance if the small gap looks the same as mine? I'm fine if it was always like this but i just started noticing it a few days ago so I tend to go with my gut on things that don't feel the same anymore and believe it has a bit of mechanical wear. I do plan to open this up soon so maybe i can fix it somehow?

and i figured out why the link didn't work. I had bbcode disabled. Thanks.
Nighty80 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 4:25 pm One thing I've read is not to let it pop out on it's own when pulling the release lever - I usually slow mine with my other hand.
Boy, I wish I'd heard that when I first got mine. The barrel on mine is constantly extended now because the pop mech wore itself out, and I don't trust myself to try fixing it without breaking something else.
mwilkinson wrote:Same gap as on mine.

Did you add the extra paint to your wand? I've just noticed mine doesn't have the same weathering or silver on the base of the button.

Yes I added that weathering myself to both the tip and the button.

As far as “modding” goes for this doing the silver weather with either a silver marker or some sort of paint is the easiest mod you can do.
Last edited by jonogunn on July 15th, 2021, 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CosmoBubba wrote: July 14th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Nighty80 wrote: July 13th, 2021, 4:25 pm One thing I've read is not to let it pop out on it's own when pulling the release lever - I usually slow mine with my other hand.
Boy, I wish I'd heard that when I first got mine. The barrel on mine is constantly extended now because the pop mech wore itself out, and I don't trust myself to try fixing it without breaking something else.
I plan to open mine up in the future to connect the speakers and power switch to my own pack speaker and lights. When I do I’ll try to figure out why it gets extended more and more and see if anything can be done. I’m no expert on this stuff either so my capabilities are quite limited though
I was able to repair a failed light on the tip extension. It was not that hard. From what I see, the pop speed is not the issue. The wire to the tip seemed to have been dipped in glue and stuck to the inside of the barrel. This caused the wire insulation to became brittle and the thin wire snapped. It was also a little bit short. I bet that the issue is not present on all units and depends on who did the assembly.
Opening the body and removing the tip to slide out the barrel is not hard. I spliced in a longer wire protected with a long piece of shrink tubing hot glued to the barrel. It is much more sturdy now and I have little worry about letting it pop out at full speed. My 2 and 6 year old play with it a lot and it is going strong after several weeks.
This post may contain an affiliate link that helps support GBFans.com when you make a purchase at no additional cost to you.

Galcyon wrote: October 23rd, 2021, 9:20 pm So I was dusting all my gear off for the first time since last Halloween and I’ve noticed the intensify button has fallen off and I can’t find it. Any ideas for a replacement? TIA!
Probably this: https://www.amazon.com/TWTADE-Momentary ... C87&sr=8-4
I was gonna buy one from a place online in Canada (would have been cheaper than buying it in USD on Hasbros site). The guy said he can order one in and wanted me to confirm but I wanted to hold off until pulse con just in case. Now I regret it.

When it says the wandwill be in stock on 06/01/2022 do they mean June or January?
Hasbro Ghostbusters

It could have been more accurate (barrel and[…]

The yellow parts are raw 3D prints, unsanded and u[…]

Sorry, I hadn't seen any of these replies. Either […]

Uniform Tips

Sorry for the triple post (you guys have gotten […]